Home

What a rubbish game!!!

bedford50

Heh, sorry about that! ; )

My advice would be, contact those seven Swedish server admins and point them in the direction of pcgamemods.com's Jedi Academy files section.

Have them download JKII_ffa.zip, JKII_duel.zip, JKII_ctf.zip (and if they're big fans, the JKII original voices pack as well) and they should handle the rest.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are lots of reasons JO SP is better than JA sp in my opinion. People seem to think that just because JA is flashier, that makes it better. But here's my take on it:

1)JA requires absolutely no brain power to play through. Not a single thing worth being called a puzzle.

2)JA is too short. It definitely took longer to finish JO (though that was a short game as well.)

3)Rosh, aka Darth Jar Jar.

4)As someone else stated above, the voice acting in JA blows. It makes the acting from the movies look good.

5)The story is incoherent. There's no sense of flow or consistency. Plot is barely present. And when it is it makes no sense. It's a collection of user made maps thrown into the guise of an official game.

6)Graphical glitches and horrible animations.

7)While none of the maps had that incredibly stupid doomgiver jump/dial/radio/thingy map, there are many things equally as stupid. The swoop map for one. Anyone else notice that if you dont ride on a swoop bike, suddenly you're surrounded by 10 bikers trying to ram you. It doesn't matter if you're standing against a stone wall, they'll still ram you...and they dont die from it. And thats only one of the AI bugs on that map. Even worse than trip is that Byss map....not a damn thing on that map made any sense. I'm not going to break down all the stupidity in that one but it makes the doomgiver map from JO look like a work of art. The only thing about JA sp maps is they are better looking than JO maps. But better looknig doesn't make them better.

8)The AI is horrible. Read what I said about the swoops. There's worse than just that. How about rancors reaching through walls or reborn suicide swan diving off high places...

9)I like the JO tavion better.

10)The boss fights in JA blow. The first boss fight was such a drag. I was looknig forward to a spectacular saber fight..not a nintendo game style "jump forward attack, wait for enemy move, dodge simplistic enemy attack pattern, jump forward attack, rinse, repeat." The second fight was slightly better for the light side. The dark side final was decent but not as good as the JO boss fight.

As for MP I'm not going to repeat the way too numerous gripes, but I agree with 90% of them. Too slow, too weak, too boring, too unbalanced, etc...

Kurgan, not everyone has a server to use all those settings you throw out. And not many server admins will listen to people's suggestions. Just because those variables exist doesn't mean his complaints aren't valid. Raven was stupid for making mp default to the way it does because default is what 99% of the servers will run.

i liked the JO saber trails better than those streaky blurred trails in JA the JO ones look much more movie like but nothing that cant be changed by a mod i guess;)

the good thing about JO is that every force power had its part in sp like some bits u would have to mind trick certain people to get them to open doors but in JA mind trick is just a niffty but useful trick to use on those cuncussion cannon firing big robot thingys then stab them to bits:D

and yes the voicing does need redoing in JA when jaden is ment to be scared or angry or happy he still just talks like a mindless robot almost like hes....posessed.....:eek:

also its extremly annoying when u r in a saber lock with a dueler and they throw their saber and kill u when u only have lvl 2 push and cant break the saber lock

and also the sabers just look like squares and too solid

JA has a different emphasis than JO. This was stated quite clearly by the developers, we all know that. Just because Kyle has to solve some puzzles and mind trick a couple of imps doesnt make JO better or worse, just different. Personally, I think the shift of emphasis from puzzles to action increase its replayability. In JO, when I finished a challenging level, I said 'phew' and didn't revisit it for a long time, if ever. Also, some of the cool 'action' levels were the ones I kept going back to just because they were a fun hack n slash, like artus detention......

I dont mind JA at all. Of you a want a brainbuster type challenge, go play chess, or Myst or somethin'............ And the swoop level, c'mon man - FUN !!!

As for the storyline, the remnant and sith wannabees are getting old. But I loved the EU references...

Why dont you import the JO maps so you can use your JA character in JO SP maps...thats fun, you can get the best of both worlds....

otherwise, I guess if you don't like it, don't play it !

MTFBWYA

im not saying its bad i love this game:D

im a massive jedi knight fan but after about 2 months of JO i wanted real challeging fun so i would always noclip into the jedi saber training place and just lightning them then they attack u and see how long u can last ( they r immortal ) also if u go into the room with the guy fighting those little ball flyie droid things and hold down the switch... well ill let u see for ur self funny:p

yup i agree about the swoop level i played that for ages over and over going backwars is fun too lol i sat there once pushing guys off them cuz they keep coming so u end up with an army after u lol

but the things i dont like will most likely come out in a mod in a month or so once the game becomes more populated

btw what is EU ive only read the storys of the whole original star wars saga (9 eps) i guess this is a whole new saga

EDIT: i also like how they have brung back that missiony feel of jedi knight 1

You guys have to give MP a chance to grow and it will most certainly crush JO in every aspect. As for SP i mean both games have their good and bad points but id rather run around on Hoth on a tauntaun and get into speeder bike chases than run around on a level thats the same over and over again like on JO. Not to mention playing as Kyle. In time JA will truly be a really great Star Wars game with all the customization that will happen. People are starting to come up with really cool mods. Just give it time i thought JO MP was terrible when the game came out and with time i sat there and played it 8 hours a day because of people coming up with the mods that made it 100 times better. And the cool mods which made JO MP great such as the staff,dual sabers and all the acrobatics Raven put in the game strait out of the box. Just give it time you wont be disappointed id bet on it.

Greymon:

There are lots of reasons JO SP is better than JA sp in my opinion. People seem to think that just because JA is flashier, that makes it better. But here's my take on it:

Facts: JA is technically superior to JO. JA offers more variety option-wise than JO.

Opinion: JA is more fun than JO.

1)JA requires absolutely no brain power to play through. Not a single thing worth being called a puzzle.

Which is why even before the game came out and to this day we have nearly daily posts asking how to get out of such and such a place they are "stuck" in. Either people are really really stupid, or its not as easy as you let on. ; )

2)JA is too short. It definitely took longer to finish JO (though that was a short game as well.)

How long should a game be? 15 hours of gameplay is what JA was estimated as the average by the developers. I forget about JO...

3)Rosh, aka Darth Jar Jar.

You've got me there. I surrender... ; )

4)As someone else stated above, the voice acting in JA blows. It makes the acting from the movies look good.

Surely you don't mean AOTC? Argh... I think the guy who did Kyle did it with more "feeling" in JK2 than the man and woman who played Jaden, so on that I agree. Saying it "blows" though... I dunno, you sure you're not just mad because they didn't make a different Rodian and Kel Dor voice?

5)The story is incoherent. There's no sense of flow or consistency. Plot is barely present. And when it is it makes no sense. It's a collection of user made maps thrown into the guise of an official game.

Can't comment since I haven't beaten the game yet. The plot in both games seems pretty EU-generic... Bad Guy is building a big army consisting of Imperial left-overs and Force sensitives to take over the galaxy, blah blah blah, using ancient Force artifact(s).

Gee, now that you mention it, sounds a lot like the plot of JK2! The only real difference is that this time you're not playing as an already established character with a past history.

6)Graphical glitches and horrible animations.

I concur with the glitches. I'm running on High model detail and medium world detail. The world looks fine but I see a lot of model clipping on the player models. The animations aren't "horrible" (no less horrible than JK2) unless you're harping on how much you hate the ragdoll system (which can be toggled off you know) as some have already done.

7)While none of the maps had that incredibly stupid doomgiver jump/dial/radio/thingy map, there are many things equally as stupid. The swoop map for one. Anyone else notice that if you dont ride on a swoop bike, suddenly you're surrounded by 10 bikers trying to ram you. It doesn't matter if you're standing against a stone wall, they'll still ram you...and they dont die from it. And thats only one of the AI bugs on that map. Even worse than trip is that Byss map....not a damn thing on that map made any sense. I'm not going to break down all the stupidity in that one but it makes the doomgiver map from JO look like a work of art. The only thing about JA sp maps is they are better looking than JO maps. But better looknig doesn't make them better.

Respawning enemies is something a lot of people hate. But I remember in JO I had the problem of going into empty rooms sometimes, then returning and seeing a group of people appear suddenly. How about that "stealth" level? Heh.. great idea, poor execution.

Again, I haven't played the entire game, so maybe I'm missing a "really bad level" somewhere down the line, so I'll get back to you on that one. I'm more a multiplayer guy anyway.

On the face of it though, the inclusion of the rest of the force powers and making it more similar to MP has definately an improvement. For example not being able to dodge those snipers on Nar Shaddaa was pretty aggravating (and unlike some people, I actually played on Jedi Knight difficulty, so I didn't get to dodge like Neo automatically).

8)The AI is horrible. Read what I said about the swoops. There's worse than just that. How about rancors reaching through walls or reborn suicide swan diving off high places...

I agree with you there, the AI is bad in places, and the bot AI needs improvement in MP as well. Of course a bigger problem for me in JO was the fact that you could shoot a Stormtrooper six times with your blaster (if you could hit him that is, since it was so slow and inaccurate) and he'd still be alive.

9)I like the JO tavion better.

I still wouldn't date her, but that's just me. Ooops, did I just say that about a video game character?? I was joking... yes. ; )

10)The boss fights in JA blow. The first boss fight was such a drag. I was looknig forward to a spectacular saber fight..not a nintendo game style "jump forward attack, wait for enemy move, dodge simplistic enemy attack pattern, jump forward attack, rinse, repeat." The second fight was slightly better for the light side. The dark side final was decent but not as good as the JO boss fight.

I fought Alora, and though I thought she was easier than Tavion, I wasn't disappointed. In JK2 your first "boss fights" were against individual Reborn, who tossed their sabers away and then just stood there while you cut them to ribbons, often in 1 or 2 hits.

I can't say about the rest of the game (JA, since I haven't beaten it yet). I enjoyed Galak, but how can you not say that that fight was formulaic like an old nintendo game? It totally was!

And fighting Tavion in JK2, c'mon, I used a pattern to defeat her as well (fight fight fight, run, heal, fight fight fight, etc. until you win).

Desann was about the only boss that wasn't formulaic, but then, he was super duper easy to beat (speed+fast stance, slash slash until dead, or if you're creative, knock that big pillar on his head).

As for MP I'm not going to repeat the way too numerous gripes, but I agree with 90% of them. Too slow, too weak, too boring, too unbalanced, etc...

Cvars, cvars, cvars, that's all I have to say about that. If you listen to all the whiners, you'll be bowing and dueling with medium stance only, no force, before long. ; p

Kurgan, not everyone has a server to use all those settings you throw out.

A lot of people don't have internet access either, so they can't play multiplayer. But you know what? Tough cookies. Raven made a game and they put options in it that you could change to your liking. The fact that people don't avail themselves of these is not their fault.

The fact that so many JK2 servers were overrun with the "honor" folks and their goofy rules and vote-kicking tendencies should work against it if the community's behavior is the judge of a game.

And not many server admins will listen to people's suggestions.

Maybe not, but have you tried? A lot of server admins just do what they want, but can't you find a server that has what you want? I bet you anything you'd like my server if you joined, considering the things you complain about (unless you're one of the honor folk, in which case you'd probably hate it).

Just because those variables exist doesn't mean his complaints aren't valid.

Actually yes it does.

It totally invalidates them. Let me give you an example...

Somebody joins a football team and refuses to wear his helmet. Later on he gets a massive concussion from getting hit in the head. The doctor tells him that if he'd worn his helmet he'd be fine. Now he wants to blame the coach or the other players for injuring him.

That's about how much sense it makes. Because he had the option to use a helmet and in fact there were clues everywhere that he may have been better off to use one, but he refused, he got hurt, and now he has no one to blame but himself (then again, if I were his coach I'd throw him off the team for his own safety at some point).

Raven was stupid for making mp default to the way it does because default is what 99% of the servers will run.

If that's true, then they were stupid when they made JK2 as well, because those defaults are the same.

JK2 has weak sabers, slow gameplay, etc etc. all the stuff people complain about in JA.

And you know what? Those arguments against JK2 don't hold water either, because the options are there are well (ie: if this argument works against JA, it also works again JO)!

You can use saberdamagescale 2 in JK2 just as easily as you can in JA. But play it on defaults and they will both seem "weak."

The fact is, every day more and more admins are learning (some the hard way) that certain options are more fun, more balanced, whatever than others, and as this occurs, people joining those servers may be enjoying themselves more.

Originally posted by PrimoSidone

When u guys say mp is ****ed up: look @ JO now, everybody is like using red stance, and jumping forward, jumping back, with the luck of they happen to hit. JA is REALLY a jedi fight game.. it aint that lame like : look i am jumping, its storming in and be the victor.

just my 2 cents

Actually, this depends entirely how you play the game. I played jk2 in roleplaying clan (yes, the kind that ruin FFA's :rolleyes: ) and we played the game like jedi. We parried, counterattacked, deflected, attacked etc etc. And Im quite certain that we could defeat most people roaming these forums in a no force, saber only duel, as that was about the only thing we practiced. Almost everyday for more than a year. During that time, I felt like a jedi.

But, when I go onto a JA dueling server, and get my arse handed by some new kid who presses and holds attack, I don't feel very jedi-like. I don't know if this can be changed by console commands, but until I do, with the dual and doublebladed sabers, JO's mp is better than JA's.

But that's just my 2 ören.

JK2 levels made me want to beat my head into the wall sometimes. ESPECIALLY the buggering Communicator level on Doomgiver. I ended up turning noclip on and just cheating my way through it.

Some JKA levels could be a bit longer, but not so as to drag on forever like JK2 levels did. I was happy to see less jumping puzzles, and less "find button, push button, find door which just opened" puzzles that made NO BLOODY SENSE in JK2.

Sabre-wise, I'm quite happy with my dual sabres, not quite making the lightstaff work, but oh well.

And I LOVE being able to play someone other than Katarn and (sigh) be young again.

JO's MP is far more precise and refined, where as the emphasis on JA MP is on the "cool special effects" end of the spectrum.

You can't really say you are surprised that the devs spent more time working on Star Wars eye candy rather than focus on eliminating the sloppy game play.

Most modern day movies are like this too.

The Plot?

Who cares, it had "great special effects".

That said, with a little tweaking I think JA could be a much better game than JO if some small game play refinement is done.

The game does not need a "total overhaul" by any means.

It just needs to be "tightened up" in a lot of areas to be brought back on the precise level of combat that JO was.

I agree. Personally I completly appreciate the "special effects" 'cause that's not have I see them. I see them as what they are, for me and the developers most likely - advancemnts in gameplay. Maybe not as big advancement as HL>HL2, but heck, it wasn't THAT long ago JO came, was it? =)

Patching will always be needed even when usability tests/"beta tests" are done by the book. I might be blind, but I certainly don't complain, at least when it comes to Siege :D

Cheers/Guinnes

I am flabbergasted that some actually prefer the default MP maps of JK2 over Academy's.

Huh??? Are you people for real?

Sure you can argue the bot routing is better... but beyond that?

Personally, I celebrate the day ffa_bespin is eradicated from memory.

Academy's maps are a quantum leap improvement. Better architecture, better lighting, better texture... heck if nothing else they're just plain BIGGER.

As for the SP story & plot of either game, honestly I was equally disappointed in both. Can't we ever get something a little more sophisticated than cartoonishly evil villians hell bent on taking over the galaxy with mystical Force artifacts and a handful of left-over stormtroopers? Even real-time-strategy games like WarCraft have more depth (and better cut-scenes).

And finally, regarding "old" Tavion vs. "new" Tavion - how 'bout old "smurf" Reborn vs. the new Reborn? You can't tell me they didn't improve things there.

Originally posted by Kurgan

For example not being able to dodge those snipers on Nar Shaddaa was pretty aggravating (and unlike some people, I actually played on Jedi Knight difficulty, so I didn't get to dodge like Neo automatically).

You can control your character to dodge sniper shots?? :confused: I didnt know that...

How...???

Originally posted by Master William

No, I meant JA MP is screwed up because there are no really fun maps, and there is too much bugs and unbalanced stuff.

I just looked at the Rebel Pilot model, and guess what... When they reskinned that strange lizard model, they forgot to remove those spikes that he has attached under his knees.

Just look, they forgot to remove the ones from the left leg.

Well, the Mapping tools for jedi Academy were released yesterday, so just give it time for more quality maps and decent ones to be released... I thought the Maps by the group Digital Core were execellent, especially the simplistic yet fun Arena of the Rancor.

We aren't positive, we only know one is being worked on.

Hell, they put bug fixes and updates into the code for the demo, so even that much is obvious.

However with all the bugs that people have sent in to Raven, you'd think they'd have a pretty convincing case to bring before LA.

So yes, theoretically LA could say "nope, no patches, sorry" and that'd be it (then it would be up to modders to "fix" what they thought was wrong with the game, leading to all kinds of chaos).

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

JO's MP is far more precise and refined, where as the emphasis on JA MP is on the "cool special effects" end of the spectrum.

You can't really say you are surprised that the devs spent more time working on Star Wars eye candy rather than focus on eliminating the sloppy game play.

JO has been patched and JA has not seen its 1st patch yet. So, the gameplay of JA isn't as precise as JO yet. Also, there's more to the mp action in JA than in JO, so the future patches will fix things up. Sure, raven could have made the mp better and less sloppy in JA... but then we wouldn't be playing it now because the release date would have been sometime in 2004.

Just wait for the patches, then complain...

Originally posted by CK_EmPreSS

JO has been patched and JA has not seen its 1st patch yet. So, the gameplay of JA isn't as precise as JO yet. Also, there's more to the mp action in JA than in JO, so the future patches will fix things up. Sure, raven could have made the mp better and less sloppy in JA... but then we wouldn't be playing it now because the release date would have been sometime in 2004.

Just wait for the patches, then complain...

psst

JA = JK2 with some engine modifications, additions and a graphical overhaul.

I know this may be a shock to you but it is.

Go look on the official site under the FAQ section and read the technology and game play sub sections.

The reason there is no excuse for this game being released in as sloppy condition as it was is quite frankly, many of the bugs that are in JA were present in Jk2, and if over a year and a half of people telling the devs about them was not a long enough time, then I sure as hell don't know what is.

but really who cares, I have no idea why I am arguing with star wars nerds, you people will buy any load of b.s. someone tries to sell you regardless of the quality, just so long as it fulfills your darth maul fantasies you people are happy.

:rolleyes:

I give up, enjoy the empty servers and your homo erotic honor codes.

You people deserve it.

Kurgy:

I thought I'd indulge your affinity for long post debates.

Which is why even before the game came out and to this day we have nearly daily posts asking how to get out of such and such a place they are "stuck" in. Either people are really really stupid, or its not as easy as you let on. ; )

Do you really want me to give my opinion on this? :eek:

Actually, look where people get stuck: Bakura, due to the bug. And Vjun, due to a lack of exploration...Again, not a damn thing in JA that requires any thought.

How long should a game be? 15 hours of gameplay is what JA was estimated as the average by the developers. I forget about JO...

Ever played Half-life? I didn't pay $50 for HL and the game was both better and 3 times as long. In fact, the HL expansions cost half as much as JA and they were still longer! In fact, JA is the shortest game I've ever bought with the possible exception of the first Quake...which may actually be longer, still.

I dunno, you sure you're not just mad because they didn't make a different Rodian and Kel Dor voice?

Nah! Never even used a Kel-Dor or Rodian. Too ugly. The acting is just bad...all around. Then again, maybe the acting is bad because the material the actors were given was so bad...

Can't comment since I haven't beaten the game yet. The plot in both games seems pretty EU-generic... Bad Guy is building a big army consisting of Imperial left-overs and Force sensitives to take over the galaxy, blah blah blah, using ancient Force artifact(s).

Not what I meant. The main plot isn't what bothered me...except for the whole Rosh thing...What bothered me was the lack of direction and sense of purpose to the missions. The goal of the cult was to resurrect Ragnos, so why the hell do they try to destroy a rail on Corellia, release a rancor in a spaceport, blow up Bakura, etc...These had nothing to do with their goal of resurrecting Ragnos! And now that you've got me started on bad stories, lets talk about Byss.

Lets see: the uber-powerful Jedi Master Katarn and his best student are sitting perfectly still...in space...trying to sense....stuff. Yet they manage not to sense the imperial dreadnought that parks right above them? I mean, really now, the dreadnought inverted and stormtroopers were giving Kyle the finger while taking polaroids and Kyle didnt sense them until it turned its tractor beam on. Not even to mention the fact that the Ravensclaw didn't detect it (yea I know, some lame EU excuse will be given.) And then, what do Imperials do when they're capturing an enemy vessel with a tractor beam? Nothing! They certainly dont send a large troop contingent to wait for their guests in the hangar bay! So, Kyle decides to destroy the ship...Imperials realizing "Oops, maybe we shouldn't haven't let them on our ship unguarded" call for help...which immediately shows up in the form of tie bombers to destroy the dreadnought...thats already going to be destroyed by the self-destruct sequence...and still has their imperial friends on board! So Kyle tells Jaden to destroy the Ties so they dont destroy the dreadnought that Kyle himself is trying to destroy!!!

Really now, do I need to continue about how bad Raven's writing is?

Respawning enemies is something a lot of people hate. But I remember in JO I had the problem of going into empty rooms sometimes, then returning and seeing a group of people appear suddenly. How about that "stealth" level? Heh.. great idea, poor execution.

My complaint wasn't about the respawning enemies in and of itself, but of the idea of the horrible AI of them trying to ram a guy they easily could have blasted to death. And why do they ram a guy thats standing in front of a stone wall? And why dont they die when they do? My complaint is that the AI was absolutely horrid and it really shows in that level. The only way to go thru that level without it sucking is to immediately jump on a swoop and keep moving.

I agree 100% about that stealth level. Great idea....why isnt it in JA?

I agree with you there, the AI is bad in places, and the bot AI needs improvement in MP as well. Of course a bigger problem for me in JO was the fact that you could shoot a Stormtrooper six times with your blaster (if you could hit him that is, since it was so slow and inaccurate) and he'd still be alive.

Oh tell me about it...I still hate how slow blaster shots travel. I do remember some frustrating fights with a stormtrooper who ran circles around me taunting me while I blasted every wall, floor, and ceiling in kejim outpost until I ran outta ammo....but thats not AI and its still bad in JA.

I still wouldn't date her, but that's just me. Ooops, did I just say that about a video game character?? I was joking... yes. ; )

I don't know what you're talking about. I'd date her but Jan gets jealous ;)

And fighting Tavion in JK2, c'mon, I used a pattern to defeat her as well (fight fight fight, run, heal, fight fight fight, etc. until you win).

This isn't the same type of pattern, though. Once you fight her in JA you'll see what I mean. Then think back to your duel with her in JO and you'll understand my complaint. Your pattern was something you chose to do...against this Tavion its something you have to do. In JO, Tavion was a good saber fight, in JA, it's...not.

As for Desann, if its too easy to use Force Speed, then don't! To use your style of advice against you :D

A lot of people don't have internet access either, so they can't play multiplayer.

Yes they can.

Raven made a game and they put options in it that you could change to your liking. The fact that people don't avail themselves of these is not their fault.

Where in the JA materials does Raven tell us how to change this stuff? In fact, absent an extremely rare post on a forum, Raven hasn't said much of anything about MP. Yes, it IS Raven's fault. If they really intended the average disgruntled fan to customize, why didn't they make it more user friendly? They could have listed all these commands somewhere and explained what they did. Hell, they could've made a user interface to adjust these.

The fact that so many JK2 servers were overrun with the "honor" folks and their goofy rules and vote-kicking tendencies should work against it if the community's behavior is the judge of a game.

So lets judge JA by its community...1) a bunch of unhappy people who realize mp sucks, 2) people who will defend JA to the death, without any thought on the merits of it, because it says Star Wars on the box, and 3) a bunch of button mashers running around (slowly) talking about how "1337" they are and how much they "pwn j00". :rolleyes:

Maybe not, but have you tried? A lot of server admins just do what they want, but can't you find a server that has what you want? I bet you anything you'd like my server if you joined, considering the things you complain about (unless you're one of the honor folk, in which case you'd probably hate it).

As soon as I get my cable back I will try your server. Assuming I can still stand playing MP and can take time off from my SP mapmaking.

It totally invalidates them. Let me give you an example...

Somebody joins a football team and refuses to wear his helmet. Later on he gets a massive concussion from getting hit in the head. The doctor tells him that if he'd worn his helmet he'd be fine. Now he wants to blame the coach or the other players for injuring him.

That's about how much sense it makes. Because he had the option to use a helmet and in fact there were clues everywhere that he may have been better off to use one, but he refused, he got hurt, and now he has no one to blame but himself (then again, if I were his coach I'd throw him off the team for his own safety at some point).

First, shame on you for using analogies on a computer game message board. Second, your analogy is flawed. Here's a better fit:

The Raven Football League sends two teams onto the football field without helmets and whistles the beginning of the game. An overwieght, obnoxious fan (you know, the same one from every sports movie you've ever seen) yells out "Hey! Wear youse guys a helmet!" However, the football players never hear that one guy in the very large crowd of a very large stadium. The player hurts his head. The team doctor says he would've been fine and enjoyed the game more if he'd warn a helmet. Doctor advises the player to sue the pants off the stupid Raven Football League officials for not requiring them to wear helmets.

Now THAT'S an appropriate analogy ;)

As for JK2, the default MP is better than JA's. The sabers may be weak, but they're not near as weak as JA's. I never had to hit someone with 5 red sabers to kill them in JO. And the saber collision was FAR better in JO.

The reason there is no excuse for this game being released in as sloppy condition as it was is quite frankly, many of the bugs that are in JA were present in Jk2, and if over a year and a half of people telling the devs about them was not a long enough time, then I sure as hell don't know what is.

but really who cares, I have no idea why I am arguing with star wars nerds, you people will buy any load of b.s. someone tries to sell you regardless of the quality, just so long as it fulfills your darth maul fantasies you people are happy.

At least now you know not to buy another Star Wars game (from Raven anyway).

I give up, enjoy the empty servers and your homo erotic honor codes.

Certainly I won't enjoy the honor code stuff (homo erotic or otherwise), but with the All Seeing Eye there doesn't seem to be a lack of full servers.

Archived