Home

Lord of the rings RPG

"Durin's Bane is not something to be taken lightly," a deep voice says to them. A young man steps out from the trees and makes his way toward them. "I would not risk waking it."

He is carrying something like a staff about the size of a sword, but it seems to be made of metal and is incredibly smooth. He carries it by its center.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I have been following you for some time," the man continues, as if not hearing Tepe. He gestures to Tepe's sword. "You don't need that against me. I am with you, but I strongly recommend staying away from Moria."

He turned away for a moment and when he turned back, either side of the pole he was carrying was on fire.

"My name is lost in time," he said, a fire growing in his eyes. "I am an outcast of my own people, men. For that, the elves have named me Arrandir. I wander on the outside of my people, as my name suggests. I fight for what is right."

He casually swings the pole around. It is still on fire, but does not seem to burn or melt. Then he jabs it into the ground and the fire goes out.

"I will join you," he says.

Name: Arrandir (real name unknown)

Specie: Man

Homeplace: He doesn't live in any one specific place

Bio: Little is known about Arrandir. Some say that he was kidnapped by orcs who killed his parents. Others say his parents dropped him by the side of the road because they didn't want him. Either way, he has become an outcast among men as is suggested by his Elven name.

Arrandir dropped into a defensive position and held the pole in front of him. As if fighting invisible enemies, he swung the pole all around, using it almost like two swords connected by the hilt.

"If there are no rocks, I do this," he explained. "It works just as well."

"We must hurry, then, whatever our path may be." Lance said. He had two swords at his side. One was a standard Ranger sword, which he had used back at the camp. ((Any time i refer to myself as Craig its cuz thats who I'm used to using in RPs, so just pretend I said Lance :-P) The other, which he did not seem to want to pull out, was his real sword, Luciendar, which seemed to gleam lightly in its sheath.

Arrandir shifted the pole from his right hand to his left and drew out a sword that had been hanging at his waist. Then, he jabbed it into the ground and removed a bow from his back.

"I have these things," he said. "I need nothing more."

Then, in response to Tepe's question about his pole, he said, "Yes, I have shown it to Gandalf and Elrond, but they are as dumbfounded as I am. We agree that it has some magic about it, but we don't know where it came from or how it got this way."

Seeing that the others were on horses, Arrandir smiled. "I have no horse of my own, but unless you are planning on traveling faster than you have until this point, I won't need one. I have been able to keep up with you just fine."

"We are going to ride like the wind... We must hurry to Osgiliath... There's some horses over there" Tepe sayd, pointing at some horses. That pole needs to be made by Valar... It can't be... It can't the lost pole of Manwë... That's impossible... Tepe thinked and looked when Arrandir rides next to him with the fastest horse from the three horses that Tepe pointed.

"Let's go!!" Tepe shouted when everyone were ready.

Time pasted, everyone got know about their others but Tepe was quiet all the time excpet when he was answering questions.

They stopped in a hill. They saw a great city and a great fort about a mile from it. Tepe looked the city and then the clowd's in Mordor. "Here is the great city of Gondor and men... Osgiliath..." Tepe said and looked Arrandir.

Arrandir sat quietly on the horse he'd been riding. He had been as silent, if not more so than Tepe. Finally, he nodded.

"Yes," he said. "That is Osgiliath, the home I was cast from. I do not have much of a wish to enter it, but if my companions do, so shall I."

"Arrandir, you dont have to come to Osgiliath if you dont want to... I just need to speak with Boromir or Faramir before we head to Rauros falls... I think that we should get some training over there before we go to... Well... To Brii... I know!! We must head next to Isengard or go throught Moria... Both have their own dangers... Orc's have detected near Isengard and Moria... Well... There is cave trolls, Uruk-hai's and orc's..." Tepe says and says a word in sindarin to his horse. The horse starts stepping down the hill.

((I'm not sure if Brii is the same in English than in Finnish books :p ))

((If you mean the town where Frodo meets Aragorn, it's Bree.))

"I will not leave my companions," Arrandir said firmly. "If I join a task, I do not leave it until it is finished. I will follow you."

A few of the people of Osgiliath had come out to stare at the small band and a few recognized Arrandir. These people had scowls on their faces.

((Bree... Ok... Nice to know that :p ))

Tepe stared at the people and put his hand ready to take out his sword. "We are coming to see Faramir or Boromir of Gondor!! Can you take us to them?!" Tepe shouted to the men and stopped his horse. The people came closer and when they were few feet away, Tepe took his bow out and there was an arrow ready on it. Tepe pointed the man hwo was "leading" the others who came out from Osgiliath. The men stopped, they did not speak but instead they looked at Arrandir. "Frend of yourse?" Tepe asked from Arrandir, pointing his bow to the "leader's" head.

"None of these people have kind feelings for me," Arrandir said. "It is more likely that he is aiming for you because you are with me. It may be best if I leave. I will join you again when you are done."

With that, Arrandir turned his horse and left.

Tepe lowered his bow. Soon he put it to his back aand so the arrow too. In few hours, the group joined together again near Rauros falls.

"Arrandir!!" Tepe shouted when he rided into a hill where he saw the magnificent Rauros and Arrandir. Tepe rided fast next to Arrandir. Tepe took something from his sadlebag. He handed it to Arrandir. It was a necklace from Osgiliath. "I met somebody hwo knew you and he gave me this... I think you should have it..." Tpe sayd and gave the necklace, unmounting his horse.

((Yes, yes!! The avatar is back again :p I'm too used to this avatar... And I didn't like that swamp trooper's armor too much :p ))

Archived