Home

I need to get something off my chest.

Sherack Nhar

Say what you want about me, but Resident Evil was Crap! Even the beautiful Milla Jovavich could not save that rechid excuse of a movie. If I see her do that wall walk again I will puke up one of my major organs.

Think about this for a second kids, you are making a movie based on a video game, that is basically based on another movie (Dawn of the Dead, or Night of the Living Dead, insert your favorite George Romero title here)

The movie was predictable as hell, and pointless most of the time. Another bonehead soundtrack/action flick.

Tomb Raider had potential, I was exited about Angeline Jolie playing Laura Croft, and I was a HUGE fan of the game, but the movie was a convoluted mess, I did not even bother seeing the sequal. It could have been Indiana Jones with sex and finesse, but it was really just about Jolie imitating moves from the game, in between rediculous stunts and fighting a less than believeable enemy...for shame....

Again, I want nothing more than to see a video game based movie that does not suck. Show me the money!

I heard Valve put the movie rights for Half-life up for sale. No company has really shown intrest though. I'm not sure if the movie would have any potential anyway.

Now a game that I would like to see in the movies...Max Payne. I haven't played Max Payne 2 yet, but the original had THE BEST STORY EVER!!! It was like reading a really good book, but you were playing it. If they did as good as a job w/ the movie as the writers did w/ the first game, it would rock.

Why do you people keep bring up the whole Siv and the bra thing. It took 28 straight hours of electric shock therapy to forget that terrible mental image the first time. It's like you want me to have to go through that again...

Some games that would work well as a movie if properly done would be probably Max Payne as Praetorian mentionned (as long as they don't rip off the Matrix bullet time as the game did), and Metal Gear Solid... Grim Fandango would work extremely well as an animated movie too! I hope someone from Pixar is reading this ;)

wow...you two are kinda clueless...

I've watched Army of Darkness like 40 times and the rest of Evil Dead several times. Wow.

It's good hilarious stuff.

Ash: See this? *This* is my *boom stick*! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. *You got that*?

Ash: Klaatu! Barrada! nnn...Necktie? ...Nickel? ...It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word!

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

although I'm extremely tired of all the bullet time crap, Max Payne was all about bullet time which made the game cool...

Isn't there already a Metal Gear Anime movie?

I agree that bullet time made the game cool. But that was really the first major use of it after the Matrix. At that time it was still very cool and exciting. Now, I'm not sure if I would want bullet time in a Max Payne movie.

Originally posted by Chase Windu

I sure wish that they would make a 'Clive Barker's Undying' movie.

That and 'American McGee's Alice' and 'Serious Sam' movies.

Wish granted. American McGee's Alice is, as far as I know, in production. It is definitely slated for a movie treatment, along with the new game coming from that stable, about a twisted version of Oz. That was one of the key ideas behind American McGee's new outfit - to tie in to movies, and 'known' properties, like Alice and the land of Oz.

As for other game-to-movie treatments...I'm still waiting for someone to make a movie based on the original Doom. It's been up in the air for such a long time, and they really need to think about setting it in concrete for production. Of course, it needs to be rated 18, not PG-13 as suggested previously.

Other movies in production based on games include Alone In The Dark, which I believe is starring Christian Slater as Edward Carnby.

I also heard some time ago that Max Payne was slated to become a movie - don't know how far that went. Maybe it's in production limbo...

Deus Ex was also suggested for movie material. Don't know how far that went either.

One thing's probably for certain - no matter how good or bad they are, game-to-movie franchises are here to stay.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

*Screams and throws the Evil Dead trilogy at Phil and jediduo*

*Picks up trilogy from where they had landed and tie Sherack & JediDuo up & force them to watch*

MUST....END....IGNORANCE....

For those who have not seen the Evil Dead Trilogy, go rent The Evil Dead, The Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness RIGHT NOW!

They are the greatest campy horror/comedy movies EVAR! Not to mention that they are great movies for Halloween viewing :D

Duke Nukem is just an Ash wanna-be

Hail to the KING, Baby

*struggling against ropes* I....blame.....*thrash* overprotective parents! *still struggling* Tell them, Artoo! Tell them about my parents and FPS's!!! Tell them about The Patriot and Gladiator, which I HAVE YET TO WATCH!!!! *ranting now* TELL THEM ARTOO!!!!

The poor soul is now just getting to live after over-protective parents, you gotta let him catch up... JKII, Gladiator, Counter-Strike, and other such wonderfully violent staples that you take for granted he's never had. He's got a lotta living to do know that he's in college.

I however have no excuse and now know what I am going to do on Halloween night. :D

Archived