Home

hhmm....is it just me? ("n00bs", "lamers" etc)

lazoras

Solution:

Make a mod, so that your weapons are disabled till you are in a duel. Then when you get in a duel, you dont see anyone else, and no one interferes. Also, the game should do a quick bowing animation, so its all "honorable" But it shouldnt be serverside! It should be downloadable so that whoever wants to play like that can DL the mod, and whoever doesnt, cant join the server with out the mod! You see they are happy, and we can get on servers and play the way we want. Hey, they can make a special "duel mod" its exaclty like duel, except instead of being in spectater view, you can walk around, but you cant interfere with their duel, and you cant fight, untill your in the duel.

Anyways, thats possibly been done already. Man, if i can learn how to code, id do it! Just to clean up the servers, so people would know that they are using the rpg mod in there server, and they could let them "rpg"

Look, i can play both ways, but i get bored "rpging" it just more fun to have a huge gun fight, or saber war than to sit around and watch others play and chat. Ill chat here and there in a fight, its cool to play a team based game and discuss "plans" or whatever, although sometimes you cant because you will die... but you get what im saying.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

Solution:

Make a mod, so that your weapons are disabled till you are in a duel. Then when you get in a duel, you dont see anyone else, and no one interferes. Also, the game should do a quick bowing animation, so its all "honorable" But it shouldnt be serverside! It should be downloadable so that whoever wants to play like that can DL the mod, and whoever doesnt, cant join the server with out the mod! You see they are happy, and we can get on servers and play the way we want. Hey, they can make a special "duel mod" its exaclty like duel, except instead of being in spectater view, you can walk around, but you cant interfere with their duel, and you cant fight, untill your in the duel.

Anyways, thats possibly been done already. Man, if i can learn how to code, id do it! Just to clean up the servers, so people would know that they are using the rpg mod in there server, and they could let them "rpg"

Look, i can play both ways, but i get bored "rpging" it just more fun to have a huge gun fight, or saber war than to sit around and watch others play and chat. Ill chat here and there in a fight, its cool to play a team based game and discuss "plans" or whatever, although sometimes you cant because you will die... but you get what im saying.

There is a mod for JKII:JO that does almost exactly what you describe, except for the forced bowing. It's called Dueler's Mod

http://www.jedi-knight2.de/dlmanager/item.php?id=167

Unlike a regular duel server, it lets people run around and fight FFA style while waiting to duel, but the FFA kills don't count. The mod automatically runs a dueling ladder, assigning duels between players at similar levels on the ladder. When a duel is assigned and begins all the other players on the map seem to "disappear" so to the two duelists it seems that they are the only two people on the map. To everyone else the duelists have the usual blue glow and can't be affected by others. Multiple duels can occur simultaneously. When the duel is over, all the other players on the server magically "reappear" and you can go back to non-scoring FFA with other people waiting for their next duel.

It has other nice features like dual sabers and double-bladed sabers with RGB color control, working jetpacks and grappling hooks, cartwheel animations, admin commands, multiple hilts, model scaling (small Yoda and big Desann models), etc. It is a client-server mod so both clients and servers need to have it.

There was an unfortunate falling-out between the two people who worked on it, so it is less popular than it might have been. I wish Raven had created a similar gametype that allows the kind of multiple duels that a lot of people seem to like. Unfortunately, some people try to run such multiple duel servers under the FFA gametype, leading to confusion and misunderstandings when someone who thought they were joining a FFA server and starts fighting FFA-style encounters a bunch of saber-down people loitering around waiting around to duel, leading to the inevitable chain of events of cries of "lamer!", admin abuse\slap\sleep\punish\kick\ban, angry and bitter post on Lucasforums. It didn't have to continue like this if LucasArts\Raven had adopted the Dueler's Mod approach to dueling.

Truthfully, i dont care what you say, it wasnt supposed to be this way. The rules said for FFA run around the map fighting, defeating your opponents to score points.

*SIGH* I guess, even if a mod like that was made, it wouldnt be used that much, especially since there are many serverside mods, so people dont have to DL that mod. The thing is, its not going to stop... and since there are a lot more of these servers on than normal servers. (about 95% of the servers in jk2 are filled with these rpgers) And it wont stop, it will grow because theres a greater chance that all the new players will join and connect to an untitled RPG server. So they will tell them the game is player like this, or that, then they will see everyone screaming lamer, and then they will, even though they have probably never heard that word untill they played JK2, or JA.

And Raven does have the perfect gametype for them! Its called duel, you can chat, and dont have to worry about laming!!!! Its so great!!!! Too bad, since it makes you go into spectater mode, people dont play it, because they dont want to wait there turn. If that could be changed (by raven, in a patch... a new game mode!) people would use it. Its most likley people wont pay too much attention to a mod, only for the first few days, then they go back to there RPG free for all those people who cant play servers. :(

I blame clans.. not all, but most of em.

Truthfully, i dont care what you say, it wasnt supposed to be this way. The rules said for FFA run around the map fighting, defeating your opponents to score points.

No disagreement here. My servers clearly state that All Kills are Legal for a true FFA experience.

And Raven does have the perfect gametype for them! Its called duel, you can chat, and dont have to worry about laming!!!! Its so great!!!! Too bad, since it makes you go into spectater mode, people dont play it, because they dont want to wait there turn. If that could be changed (by raven, in a patch... a new game mode!) people would use it. Its most likley people wont pay too much attention to a mod, only for the first few days, then they go back to there RPG free for all those people who cant play servers. :(

That was my whole point. People don't like waiting to duel, they want to have multiple simultaneous duels. That's why I said Raven should have added another gametype to Duel and Power Duel that allows multiple non-interference duels like Duelers Mod has. I think we both agree that it would be more popular than either of the current duel gametypes, and maybe more popular than true FFA. For some strange reason, people hate chatting while in spectator, they prefer pretending their character is actually conversing with the other person's character.

I blame clans.. not all, but most of em.

True that's a big part of it, but you cant RP in the game anyhow no more than you could in Yahoo. At first it may sound dandy but it just doesn't work, in fact I havn't been on one clan server that RP's in JA. I'm sure some have tried and failed but, I just don't think that blaming clans can do any good, I've had plenty of laughs chatting in ffa with fellow clan mates. I play the game to have fun not a place to vent anger and hostility.

To all the people who are RPing can't you just pretend the people who are not following the rules are evil or whatever, I mean c'mon don't be such sore loser because you got owned. Draw your freakin saber and fight back, and you call yourselves "Jedi".

:sithm:

eniaC

shock1Darth Rosh's {R^S} Server |24.26.141.235|shock1

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

I have nothing to prove to any little kid playing this game. If you don't have the balls to take a beating in a computer game than you might as well "Kill Your Self," because real life is allot harder...

I say all the mature people in the game community just ignore this "cry baby crap." Let them post what they want and cry as much as they want and just kick their buts as much as we want... They are never going to stop. They are as annoying as a news break in the middle of your favorite TV show you waited a week to tape...

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by {R^S}eniaC{JC}

To all the people who are RPing can't you just pretend the people who are not following the rules are evil or whatever, I mean c'mon don't be such sore loser because you got owned. Draw your freakin saber and fight back, and you call yourselves "Jedi".

Hell yeah! At least the server admins could add a nice "This is a RP Server, no fights 'coz we follow the honourable Jedi code" line in their MOTD, in this way people who just want to frag and blow up stuff will know to stay away from that server :D

yep...they are, why? becuase they never TALK. They just wanna KILL KILL KILL...if they do talk, they complan about complaing. Is it me or is Jedi academy all about complaining? I play it becuase my friends play it, i like to hang out with my friends and do sum duels and ffa along with it. But lamers, they have no friends so they dont talk therfore the dont listen therfore they lame

Originally posted by -DK-Squee

yep...they are, why? becuase they never TALK. They just wanna KILL KILL KILL...if they do talk, they complan about complaing. Is it me or is Jedi academy all about complaining? I play it becuase my friends play it, i like to hang out with my friends and do sum duels and ffa along with it. But lamers, they have no friends so they dont talk therfore the dont listen therfore they lame

Ummm... wtf are you talking about? Most "lamers" are competitive gamers and belong to a team/clan/community. We do all our socializing, plans and chatting outside of the game (mIRC, AIM, MSN, etc.) The rest are casual gamers who just play for some quick fun.

Personally, I don't talk much in game (since I really couldn't give a flying rat's ass about the last time the other guy on the server got laid or w/e) but I do join in on the convo between duels on a duel server. mIRC is a great chat client, you know.

First of all...

grammar.jpg

Second of all, how do you complain about complaining? Does telling a person to STFU and take his death constitute complaining? Damn right it doesn't.

You do know when you assume, you make an ass out of you and me (which by the theory of relativity, cycles back to you again), correct? Your personal attacks are about par with kathybates' inability to flame in an on topic discussion on ravensoft's forums, much less be able to make a dent.

The competitive community itself is a friendship. Sure, fk may give kaoticz ****, or AX may be asking for an asswhipping by myself and a few others, but we're a community, and we're all friends. I'd be glad to knock down a few beers with these bastards, even iron.

So please, cry more.

Can you please explain how me/the rest of the competitve community are anti-social just because we don't chat with other players in-game?

'Till you explain and give us examples of people you know (not just assumptions that a random "lamer" on a server has no friends), your theory is wrong.

i hope you caught the sarcasm there, btw have you ever heard of free speech? its a good concept, i can say anything as long as it doesnt involve profanity

Someone call Lance Armstrong, he needs to teach this person how to backpedal.

By the way, this is the internet. There is no such thing as the Constitution of the Internet, or the Internet Bill of Rights. Furthermore, this a privately owned forum. By registering to it, you consent to any action taken against you by any moderator/administrator.

So please, don't try to get into legal tangos with me in the free speech department, I happen to have a common thing for them.

i cant talk anymore, ppl are getting too out of hand, everybody is just HATING me right now just because i said somthing so PLZ stop talking about me or anything i said becaise ppl are just getting too angry at me :( btw, if im not making sence, just dont listen and hate me like you are

i cant talk anymore, ppl are getting too out of hand, everybody is just HATING me right now just because i said somthing so PLZ stop talking about me or anything i said becaise ppl are just getting too angry at me :( btw, if im not making sence, just dont listen and hate me like you are

OHZN W3HAT HYOUZO MUCH ITSA NOT EVBEN HUMSOURUS

Ppl, ppl, pls drop the dope before posting, my God, LOL. This thread keeps getting funnier and hotter each passing day, keep up. I'll add some spicy comments in the future if I see you're finally cooling down.

Btw, if you have something really funny that might happened to you, pls post it on the "we all love to play MP" thread, thankuverymuch.

-If you strike me down, I shall become more rotten and stinky than you can ever imagine- Me.

Whoa! DANGER!!! Direct hits in here. Ok, this thread is prolly gonna be closed now cuz you're bitching directly each other.

This w0rld SuXX0rS!!!. Anyway.

To be honest... you have to say always the thruth and be a good boy scout. That means saber down = peace, no chat killing, and sucking my caulk.

WTF? Kaia? Did you pinch my ass again? You naughty!

Archived