Home

Good or Evil? *spoilers*

IG-64

Good or Evil?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Good or Evil?

• Light side.
    • Dark side.
    • I beat the game one way, then beat it the other way.

I have to admit, I wasn't aware that the game had one of those 'choose which side' scenarios(like JKI did). I had bought the game on the first day and when I got to this, as much as I would have LOVED to have murdered Rosh on the spot, I wanted to leave the tantalizing 'dark ending' for later, and went through the light side first.

It was quite clever of Raven to make Rosh such an annoying d**khead, it would have made alot of players go for the darkside ending first.....

As for the dark ending itself, it was annoying in the sense that it left you wanting for more, but does raise hopes about a follow up/expansion pack or sequel of sorts....

I still cant figure out why Jaden just heads for the star destroyer as soon as she goes bad, is it automatic that dark jedi use remnant stormies as lackeys and scoot around in imp destroyers.....??? :p

MTFBWYA

both endings were all right, but i think the dark side ending was the more interesting one (just because of the conflict between teacher and master). plus the possibility of an expo pack was opened up with the dark side ending (as someone already stated).

overall tho, im a good guy. even in MP i tend to use light side more than dark. dark IS nice for when you come home and are all pissed at the world. but light is what i use when i want a challenge and/or mainly want to focus on lightsaber action.

I thought both endings were good. I didn't mind the cliffhanger Dark side ending. (though it seems to me that it's just another way to get me to spend more money if they make an expansion) I liked it how it's you against the universe. After all, the Sith fought amongst themselves in the Sith War. Jaden automatically joining Tavion would seem awkward and unrealistic to me. Seeking power for yourself is the ultimate manifestation of the Dark side in my opinion. (they used the same theme for the JK Dark side ending)

Though I would have liked it if it was you who resurrects Marka Ragnos. Instead of choosing Tavion, he chooses to inhabit you, as you are strong enough to live through him. Then maybe Jaden could sap Ragnos' power from within, confront Ragnos, and defeat his spirit. With Ragnos' power now yours, Jaden could become the ultimate ruler of the galaxy.

ok, well heres a new light side ending:

you confront tavion/ragnos as usual, tavion beats you possibly severing a limb (as always), cut-scene begins, kyle arrives, tavion/ragnos kills kyle, cuts to luke outside of the tomb, luke scenses kyles death "KYLE!", back to scene, jaden is on the floor, you see luke come in and actually fight ragnos/tavion, luke almost gets killed until jaden jumps out and slayes ragnos/tavion forever, your hurt, luke comes to get you, jadens point of veiw, fades out to black when luke arrives at you, fades back in to your bed, rosh comes in, "jaden! your awake!" "~rosh?~.... KYLE!" jaden sits up, fades to kyles fuenral, jaden is sitting on some starwarsy floating wheel chair, luke turns to jaden "i'm proud of you for saving me jaden" "it was nothing, but i keep feeling..." luke looks sharply at jaden "feeling what?" "like... like i could of saved him..." zoom in on jadens face, cut to credits...

it still has a potential for a sequel, but its alot better than just plain "ready to do more missions?" "as i'll ever be!" plus, it really shows just how powerful ragnos is, and i think kyle should have died in both endings (kyle gets crushed in the rocks in the dark side ending) that would have made it so much more exiting

so what do you think?

It's always intriguing to imagine "what if?" endings. The only problem with killing Kyle is that he appears in the NJO series, which would make the game apochryphal to many fans of the books. (though I wouldn't mind as I don't care for the NJO series) I know what you mean, though, a part of me was hoping I had killed Kyle with the Dark Side ending.

Originally posted by Master William

How could you possibly let the main star of a game serie die? That's a bad idea.

not true, think of how exiting it would be! you: "noooo! kyle!":p

i usually wan't something that people never do: change the same-old-same-old storylines, booo

of course we knew kyle could never actaully die.. heros dont die like that unless it is said by another character or that kyle actually gets his head lopped off, doing a black knight impression

come back! I'll bite your legs off! I'll bleed on you!:mad:

i love monty python and the holy grail :p

I personally liked both endings alot, although I enjoyed the darkside ending just a little more. In the light side ending you get to an awful enemy layed to rest for good and you see Jaden emerging as one of the most powerful jedis in the galaxy, great ending.

In the darkside ending, you see Jaden go from innocent pupil, to one of the galaxies biggest new manaces. I really liked this ending because it was much more dramatic than the light side ending and it makes you curious about just how powerful your character had become. It would be cool if they made a spinoff game where you play as a dark jedi on a mad quest for power.

Archived