Home

What's your religion and why?

MasterSidious

Ya, that did it for me ZDawg.

Oh ya, please people, could we keep the pissing down, like refraining from posting any you're "going to go to hell"s.

Also please refrain from wasting the time to say:

"It sucks thinking that so many people are so completely sure about something that they cannot possibly be sure about." I mean you're stating the obvious here.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ShockV1.89

It sucks thinking that so many people are so completely sure about something that they cannot possibly be sure about.

I come back to the point of circular reasoning once more... Your completely sure that there is nothing you can be completly sure about, is that correct? If I was completely sure that I couldnt be completely sure then I am obviously completely confused.

I never claimed that I was completely sure that there is a god or that creation was the ONLY way the world was made... I'm very open to other possiblities... I have just found that spending my life trying to figure out what created the earth and what did not will get me no where, but to the end, with the question of "does anyone honestly know? was anyone there?"

Originally posted by MasterSidious

Oh ya, please people, could we keep the pissing down, like refraining from posting any you're "going to go to hell"s.

I have to agree... It bothers me, even when christians take the stance of "Well I'm right, and I know it, but you are all wrong and your going to hell... thanxbye" It bothers me, probly more so when christians do it, then when an athiest who has reason and experience to say that he DOESNT believe in god... Untill every christian walks in the shoes of somone without hope or with problems, they dont have the right to tell them that they are wrong... all we as christians can do, is offer friendship, and with that, things will come.

my verdict: I am completely sure that I am happy with what I believe, its up to YOU to figure out what you want to accept, and what you want to reject... I dont have the power to say anyone is going to hell, or that anyone is not, because frankly, It is not my choice.

I'm a Humanist, in otherwords I have no religion. I just simply believe people should be good and considerate towards others. I believe this because I hate to see people suffer, especially for disagreeing with someone elses beliefs. In my lifetime I have seen people killed, beaten, abused, verbally assaulted, and emotionally damaged just for not sharing the same views as others.

Originally posted by SkinWalker

You mean as opposed to letting them die their own "thread deaths" I can keep them around forever? :D

Actually, I've cosidered it... I'll review some of the threads and see if that works. Maybe glean a few relavent posts from various threads.... I did this with one already... evolution was creeping into the "bash christianity criticize religion" thread.

Both understandable and expected. The evelolution/creation thread comes to mind when I suggest this. I think it may be to your advantage this time. No offense, but forum members who do NOT know better, start up opinion threads about religion, and most of them live to regret it. The advantage of the Senate, is now we can keep it under control. You guys are doing a GREAT job, and please let me know if I can help in any way!;)

I disagree. When you're augnostic you don't beleive there is a god exactly but you're open to the suggestion. This is where the word kinda/almost comes in ;)

Thats fine, but that will not save you if christianity is the true religion. I dont mean to offend someone here, and if you werent talking to me MasterSidious, then just ignore this post. There is so much more to it than just saying God could be there. A lot more. Check your bible out, its the best way to figure out the answeres to your questions.

There is no "kinda" or almost being a christian (if you were referring to christianity) you are, or your not.

Check your bible out, its the best way to figure out the answeres to your questions.

Of course, this is useless if you question the authority and authenticity of the Bible.

Would you like for me to email you my own religious text? It was divinely inspired to me last night in a dream, and I wrote it all down when I woke up! It tells me how I should live to get into paradise, and you should believe me because I say it was divinely inspired!

Would you like for me to email you my own religious text? It was divinely inspired to me last night in a dream, and I wrote it all down when I woke up! It tells me how I should live to get into paradise, and you should believe me because I say it was divinely inspired!

Interestingly enough, that is the alleged origin of the Koran. It was "divinely inspired" to Muhammed in a dream.

Recent scholors of the Koran have questioned whether it was written entirely by Muhammed based upon some inconsistencies with syntax, etc., but they make their opinions anonymously to avoid Fatwa being declared upon them!

It seems to me that gods speaking to us in dreams isn't exactly something that anyone would take seriously anymore. So how is it worth anything more when it happened hundreds or thousands of years ago?

"Fatwa." What is that? From the context, it sounds like some sort of religious condemnation. Sort of like Church Excommunication (sp?).

"Fatwa." What is that?

Fatwa is an answer to a specific question concerning Islamic religious practice (not doctrine), and given by a competent religious authority.

The familiar result is a condemnation of death, such as in the Ayatollah Khomeini's sentencing of Salman Rushdie to death for his writing and publishing the book Satanic Verses.

Christianity used to do much the same thing, but one has to remember that Christianity has had time to progress further than Islam.

a VERY strange thing for all you Christians out there. First, look at any religion at all that isn't your own. Then think about it. AHHA! Yea, you think its retarded and couldn't possibly believe in it. Yeah, that's the feeling.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A REFLECTION, REPRESENTATION, OR ANYTHING SIMILIAR TO THESE WORDS OF MY VIEWS IN THE POST ABOVE. Its just a simple way of showing and telling ;)

a VERY strange thing for all you Christians out there. First, look at any religion at all that isn't your own. Then think about it. AHHA! Yea, you think its retarded and couldn't possibly believe in it. Yeah, that's the feeling.

You miss somthing, alot of christians (like myself) have already tried other religions, they just dont cut it...

heck, I dont even like to be called a religious person... I dont like the stero-type that goes along with it.

In my opinion, you have to look at your own beliefs. Do you believe a divine being created the world? Do you believe in reincarnation? Do you believe the world will end by divine means someday? Do you believe you have a soul? Do you believe animals and/or plants have souls?

Find these answers and live by them. If you feel a need to belong to some organised religion, find one that suits your belief, not the other way around.

Archived