Home

happy new year!!! (BRING IT ON)

Rogue15

Ray: a funnel eh......

I had a slightly poor new year start. Not spent at home, no in... HULL!

Now in its self i dont find hull a bad place, in fact i quite like it, it is my home town after all, but it is also the hometown for most of my family. Who i had to see. I again dont mind most of my family, but my cousins....2 are 5, one 7. there at the age when they can start to hurt you ie. quick kick to the happy sacks, hit with lamp and get away with it. And i had to badysit for 2 days. great. short example

Me: What do you lot want to do?

Them: Make brats salon

Me fine

*Them hit me with lamp on head while making damn toy*

Me: Ow

Them: hehe

Me: Fine make your own damn salon

Them: Cry, Cry

*Aunt comes in*

Aunt: whats wrongs

Them: He wont play with us, sob. cry, sob

Aunt: Rant rant

Me: But

Aunt: Rant Rant play with children

Me: Fine.

*Aunt leaves*

Me: What do you lot want to do?

And they get up early! early!!!

running in with plastic swords and lamps. Why did God let children reach the age of 5?? why!?

....anyway, happy new year :D

Originally posted by Scar Da Kookee

who the f*** bowls on new years TAHT what I'd liek to know.

Bowlers,.. that's who. They're a breed apart. Short of hanging with bowlers, you could always go get your hands on a copy of "The Big Lebowski" and see what you learn...

Originally posted by Scar Da Kookee ... people want to drink...

If you have ever been bowling you would know that this is an essential part, nay, perhaps even the main point, of the whole experience.

Originally posted by Scar Da Kookee ... and get laid...

This too is very possible,.. depending, of course, on how high your standards are. This is often where the alcohol comes in handy...

:joy:

%$#&ing New Year's. Had three potentially bitchin parties and where do I get stuck? My aunt's...an apartment where the youngest resident is 50+, no drinking, no sweet hats, no real party. But hey, I could've dealt with that but I was somewhat less than happy to hear than one of my incredibly close female friends got wrecked at one of the parties and started making out with this one guy who's the typical male stereotype with only 1 damn thing on his mind. I don't think they went any further than that but it still bothers me to see her with him. Right now I'm going on 36 hours without sleep because it's been somewhat of a bad week for me and saying I'm irritable right now would be a killer understatement.

Originally posted by edlib

I worked.

Holiday pay! Yah-hoo! Easy night too... and I still managed to be home before midnight.

Score!

It was pretty dull though...

Well, as not to waste the night... let's see if anyone is running a 3-Stooges marathon...

Same here! I pulled 12-hour shifts on both New Years Eve and Day, and made some nice bones to pay off the $1000 I spent on new PC parts last week. Each shift was double-time and a half for 8 hours, followed by triple-time for another 4.

Well, this year wasn't as profitable as my Y2K experience.

That year I started work on the 31st at about 10am, loading a truck full of P.A. equipment, then driving to the venue and setting it all up. The band played from dinnertime until about 1am, then I had to tear it all down, reload the truck, drive it back, and unload it.

I got home about 5am, ate, showered, and was back on the road by 7am to help tear the holiday lighting rig out of Boston's Symphony Hall. That took about 12 hours.

I got home and slept for abut 2 days. Then I cashed my checks, and went on vacation, basically taking the rest of the month of January off... it was a very NICE day's pay! :D

The people who gave me a hard time about working that night and not partying like it was 1999 had nothing to say when I didn't have to go back to work the Monday afterwards.

This paycheck wasn't as good... but then I was home before midnight, and I earned enough to go out and pick up a whole buncha DVDs and stock up on some new games hitting as many of the after-Christmas sales as possible.

New Years Eve was never one of my favorite holidays anyway... I don't drink and I hate being in crowds. So even if I'm not working (very rare) I usually don't go out,.. or if I do I try to be home before the real stupidity starts. I don't feel I miss anything by working it, but it's really the one day a year I can kind of name my price and not have anyone flinch since it is, after all, a holiday.

but the difference between bowling and new years is the quanity envolved

and this is a big difference

Well now,.. it all depends who you go bowling with... ;)

I've seen some folks get positively HAMMERED at the lanes, and it never fails to make entertaining spectating (as long as you find a safe location well out of the possible path of stray balls...)

But you're right, most folks just want to get a bit of a buzz on to get loosened up when they bowl.

hehehe when my dad got home he told me that if i would have called them and told them that i was going to the other house for a while he said they would have let me. XD

anyways, all was not lost...as....when my sister got back from work we went to blockbuster to look for a movie to rent..but..they were out of the ones we wanted to see, but i did get Grand Theft Auto 3 for xbox for $20!! hehhehehehe that game is so much fun.

yeah i kinda realized that as long as i live here it's their rules...i'll be fine. at least 2004 hasn't sucked for me and it's not going to either...less than 3 weeks until i'm 20!!!!!!!!

lol

get this: my dad told me to go to bed.

his reasoning: i've got work tomorrow.

what the hell? :D

See, that's why you put a computer in your room and a lock on your door.

Worked for me... Granted, I had to run a little under 110 feet of CAT-5 through the walls myself while they were both out of town for a weekend (sucks being on the far side of the house and a floor up from the point of presence), but it's given me years of annoyance-free surfing and gaming.

haha...but....i've got all that.....i've got the xbox, xbox live, ps1, n64, super nintendo, dvd player, vcr, computer with dual display and broadband internet connection, a weight bench, a load of books, 2 beds, a nice 5.1 surround sound system, and a door and lock.

My problem comes when I go to step out the front door. I'm thinking of getting a cell phone so they can just call me when they're concerned about me, and so I can get a hold of them to tell them what I'm doing, etc.

You have all that crap and you're bitching about how much your parents oppress you? Get real. I don't have a quarter of the crap that you have and I also catch grief from my parents. But that doesn't make me want to yell and scream at them for being overprotective or "wanting to ruin" my life. Parents are there to watch out for you until they deem you ready for the real world. And as much as you think you're ready, your parents know better. Much better than you. They've been through it before and are just trying to help you out in your making your way in the world. So don't give them all your bitching because they're good people to to be putting up with all your whining.

And instead of all that entertainment crap, why don't you save up to go to college? To get a degree, to help you along in life? There's only so far a GED will take you. Get your priorities straight, man.

God, I hope you never, ever have kids.

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

You have all that crap and you're bitching about how much your parents oppress you? Get real. I don't have a quarter of the crap that you have and I also catch grief from my parents. But that doesn't make me want to yell and scream at them for being overprotective or "wanting to ruin" my life. Parents are there to watch out for you until they deem you ready for the real world. And as much as you think you're ready, your parents know better. Much better than you. They've been through it before and are just trying to help you out in your making your way in the world. So don't give them all your bitching because they're good people to to be putting up with all your whining.

And instead of all that entertainment crap, why don't you save up to go to college? To get a degree, to help you along in life? There's only so far a GED will take you. Get your priorities straight, man.

God, I hope you never, ever have kids.

I agree. Save the drama for your mama. (No pun intended)

Both my parents passed away by the time I was 21, so consider yourself lucky that you still have yours around. I would trade anything for one day of my parents giving me grief.

I kinda realized that after I read Ike's post.

What should I tell my friends who are 2-3 years younger than me, when they say 'But you're an adult now, why are you taking crap from your parents?'

kinda the reason why I want to join the army is to get away from everybody for a few months. and earn money for college i guess.

I am saving up for computer classes. I've completed pc literacy and windows level 1 so far, and have to wait til february before i can take the a+ certification class (the 2 other classes i took were boring prerequisites)..

anyways, i'm going to meet with the recruiter this saturday or sometime next week and get myself scheduled for the asvab practice test.

btw, i will never have kids.

Archived