Home

Movies into Video Games

Darth Groovy

Well let's face it, movies made FROM video games all suck. Every once in a while though, good games are made from movies. Sometimes several years after the film is released. What movies do you think would make good games?

You must also state what kind of a game it is (FPS, RTS, RPG...etc)and briefly describe the object of the game. I will Start out with a couple:

U-571

Combat Sim

You must capture a german u-boat and go up against a German battleship. This would be a technical vehicular combat game. SP would follow very similar to the movie, however MP would allow you to choose from an array of WWII submarines, and play pier to pier against an opponent online.

Patton

RTS

As General George S. Patton, you must lead your tanks and troops against the forces of Rommel, and fight alongside General Montgomery. Decide and plan the strategies on authentic WWII large scale maps to re-create famous battles. This would be a good Ensemble Studios type RTS game.

Big Trouble In Little China

Action Adventure/FPS

Fight as Jack Burton and get your truck back from the evil forces of Lo Pan, or fight as Wang, and get back Meow Yin, the girl of your dreams. As Jack, you fight with guns and knives, as Wang you fight with swords and throwing weapons. Each character has his own destiny in the game, as you battle through the Lords of Death Chinatown street gangs, the Wing Kong, the Three Storms, and ultimately fight the evil Lo Pan.

The Phantom Menace was a good game...Actually all lucasarts games I played are, though this one shares the movie title. It's a fps, and you mainly play with Obi Wan, though int he invasion of theed levels you're Cpt Panaka and Padme (rawr) and Qui-Gon on the tatooine level (which is rather rpg like, getting the parts etc, awesome) and duel with maul...very kewl game

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

It would be better if they made Saving Private Ryan into a fps game. That would be so cool.

That's what Medal Of Honor came from. It is directly influenced by Saving Private Ryan, in fact it is even endorsed by the same company that made the film.

I would base a game on Enemy at the Gates, but Call of Duty has some STRIKINGLY similar details.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

That's what Medal Of Honor came from. It is directly influenced by Saving Private Ryan, in fact it is even endorsed by the same company that made the film.

I would base a game on Enemy at the Gates, but Call of Duty has some STRIKINGLY similar details.

Yeah I am gonna back you up on that one I heard the same thing. Everything about reminded me of Saving Private Ryan.

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

The Phantom Menace was a good game...Actually all lucasarts games I played are, though this one shares the movie title. It's a fps, and you mainly play with Obi Wan, though int he invasion of theed levels you're Cpt Panaka and Padme (rawr) and Qui-Gon on the tatooine level (which is rather rpg like, getting the parts etc, awesome) and duel with maul...very kewl game

So...Ima gonna guess you haven't played very many LucasArts games? No offense, but they've released some real crap over the years.

My second guess is you haven't ever played a real rpg.....just guessing since you associated that part of the game with an RPG...which is just ridiculous, if anything that falls more under your typical action adventure game. Like Tomb Raider...finda key, open door, repeat.

Originally posted by Chase Windu

No offense but you thought that game was good? *hangs head in shame*

I think The 5th Element would make an interesting game and if they did it right I'd like to see AOTC as a game.

OH, MAN! I'd forgotten the 5the Element. IT'd make an awesome game. Also: The Untouchables.

I would have to agree with you Groovey, most do suck. However there are exceptions......

Originally posted by Herminator_64

LOTR: TTT and LOTR: ROTK.

These games are good and fun to play, I love the way they throw in scenes from the movies to get you going on levels of the game......they're just a bit easy. *shrugs*

Archived