Home

Gameplay Trailer!!

VanLingo

If you look at the FAQ, it says that you can switch between 3rd and 1st person view at any time, including when you're in a vehicle. Also, I noticed that they said: "PC players will be able to use the keyboard and mouse just like any other first-person shooter." Looks like they're treating it at least somewhat like a PC FPS.

love everything shown in the trailer so far, especially the clone trooper dropping a grenade while in the air on a tank. anyone else notice the ewoks rolling logs into the atst. also looks like they put the question about rocket launchers in the game to rest. oh yeah the trailer is also up at gamershell.com if you want to download it to keep.

Well, if you guys take a look at the first couple of screenshots released (check gamespot), I think the graphics has improved a lot. And the explosion aren't that bad anyways...

What I was most impressed by, having seen the trailer, was the kool design of chacters, the style of movement (the clone trooper getting hid by an explosion) and finally the flying clone trooper. He was very cool, can't wait to get to play him - very neat armour btw.

Originally posted by Craftsman

The trailer seems very rough which hopefully indicates some much needed poilishing will be going on. And some of the textures are plain crap, like the forest enviroment. The floor looks like black and brown mushed together.

Don't forget that Battlefront has to play smoothly with perhaps 64 players playing at one time at a playable framerate. From what I've seen, the levels appear to be very open with lots of vegetation...without the kind of heavy fog that's used in Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy that doesn't let you see very far. There's a lot of polygons being calculated, and I can tell you from first hand experience, with my Jedi Academy level which doesn't use fog, that it's difficult to balance detail and graphics quality with the framerate...and I have a Radeon 9800 Pro. Also, that level doesn't even have many enemies...in Battlefront, we're talking perhaps 64 enemies running around, with many of them in view at times.

Also, a good example of a game that really goes into detailed vegetation is Far Cry. I downloaded the demo a couple days ago (started last week actually...I've only got a 56k connection), and found that to play it at a playable frame rate, I had to set the settings down to medium, and it was still quite jerky when looking at the island, and it doesn't even render most of the vegetation fully after a certain distance. And that's with a 9800 Pro.

It all comes down to the balance factor...do you want sweet looking graphics running at 5fps, or nice looking graphics running at ten times that speed?

Thats all well than good, but Halo looks nice and can run with heaps of players. THe developers jsut ahve to design an effecient network code. If they have to make crap grahics for the sake of smooth gameplay then maybe they might have to reduce the numbers of players aloud.

Hehe. That looks pretty cool. The graphics are definatley much better than I first thought. Also, the ground textures look alright, after all, BF1942 has ground like that and its still very fun.

Is it me, or did one of the clone troopers drop a bacta tank when he died?

If you want to download it to your PC just use the direct link instead:

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/battlefront/SWBattlefront_QT640.mov

(if you have a download program it will mostly download media files right away, and if you don't you can always view the source code (right click))

trailer looked good, though I'd like some more vegetation in those maps

:p And the shoulders were weird..as well as for the at-st, i thought the head stood a bit higher from the legs and it doesn't look so well when you have 2 at-sts standing next to each other with the exact same move animation..

Yes I believe that trooper dropped a bacta

Game looks very good!

thanks for the link Festivalman, my browser had a problem with the original one.

*watches trailer*

*dances*

*watches it again*

*dances*

*repeat*

yup. thats a Bacta tank alright. I think they did the right decision by only showing things from two of the planets. it gives us a clue about what to expect, without revealing to much. I want Hoth to be suprises.

The trailer was quite impressive, although I must say that those explosions really are cheap. Explosions on the floor dont leave any burnmark and when seeing that AT being destroyed by that torpedo/rocket, there was only a surface explsion and then the AT falling on the ground without any mark of an explosion. Same goes for the battle tank being destroyed. Also I minor bad glitch is both AT´s walking synchronicly next to each other.

There are also some promising things like the player movement(have you seen the rebel do a jump with a roll), the ineractive landscape (those rolling trees), ...

And yes that fallin soldier dropped a bacta tank.

Does anyone have an idea what that greenish thing is flowing around?

screenie.gif

Archived