Home

A space pirate's life is the life for me....

Katarn07

....yo ho, ho and a bottle of Corellian Ale :D This is a space pirate adventure set between ESB and RotJ. A crew of pirates is in search of an Alderaanian nobleman (Mathyu Dooru) who was lost several decades ago. A myth soon formed of his vast fortune he was carrying in the cargo holds and many fools went out in search of it just to die. Let's hope our pirates don't suffer the same fate :p

Rules:

Your characters are only human (or humanoid for you aliens) and all have limitations so therefore may not be a god constantly. No Jedi/ Sith allowed or Force adept individual whatsoever for that matter. All of you who join will be my pirate crew and serve under me. You may mutineer if you see fit I suppose.

My character:

Name: Milo

Species: Human

Homeworld: Ord Mantell

Weapons: Modified E-11 Blaster Rifle, Modified DL-44 Blaster Pistol

Vehicles: Modified Corellian Corvette Gundark

Bio: Ex-Imp who left to become a smuggler. Used his knowledge of Imperial tactics to avoid patrols and smuggle illicit goods throughout the galaxy. He is wanted by several crime bosses as well as the Empire for assisting the Rebel Alliance on several occasions. He usually works alone with the companionship of his modified silver and metallic blue astromech R5-K8 ("Kate").

Milo's eyes were affixed the computer moniter's screen as Kate's beeps and chirps were translated into the Aurebesh alphabet. He cracked a smile and shook his head in disbelief, "Katie, Katie, Katie.... You never cease to amaze me. This cargo manifest confirms the tales of Mathyu Dooru's fortune."

Kate was plugged into a socket on the bridge of Milo's battered ship he stole from a repairyard five years ago he renamed Gundark and transmitted the computer database of Dooru's ship into the Gundark's. Kate was a modified R5 astromech equipped with state of the art equipment that was both legal and non-legal and recieved signals from the HoloNet so she could always transmit any vital info to Milo no matter where they were. To cut some lengthy, technical explaination short she is superior to a standard R2 unit. Kate beeped again and awaited her master's response.

Milo read her inquery and shook his head, "No, just because we've recovered Dooru's last known coordinates from his logs doesn't mean we can just go flying out there. We've gotta do a little more research and when I say we, I mean you. I want you to peice together a starmap of the unknown sectors he travelled through from his logs. While you do that, I have to gather a crew to help run this ship."

Kate beeped an objection.

"No, Kate, we need a crew. Sure, you and me are just fine when it comes to gunrunning for the Rebels or getting some spice from Hutt A to Hutt B, but we're charting unexplored space here. Who knows what's out there. Plus, the Empires been up my ass a few times too many and I can use the help from them if it comes down to us and a squad of TIEs. I can't man the gun turrets and fly the ship."

Kate squeeled again.

"I did not say you're a bad pilot. You're a helluva pilot.... erm, for a droid. Look, you just don't got human reflexes and that can do alot to turn the tide of what looks like a hopeless fight."

Kate began to chirp another time but Milo cut her off, "Look, just get those starmaps ready by tonight, would ya? I'm gonna see who I can find for the crew at Ord Mantell. I know a joint there that some of the best pirates hang out at."

With that said, Milo docked at the spaceport and set off for the cantina while Kate stayed with ship.

The rookie bounty hunter who called himself simply 'Otto' stood with his back up against the wall to the Galaxy Star Tavern. He was waiting for an employer to arrive when he noticed Milo making his way through the crowds with a hood over his head.

What a pathetic attempt to conceal his identity, Otto thought. Otto felt the corners of his lips tug upward into a smile as Milo walked past and into the bar. This was the perfect target to make himself a well known bounty hunter. For months Milo has messed up the plans of the Empire and several criminal syndicates but no one who would bother with him could lay a finger on him.

Suddenly, Otto remembered he had a contract for another target and was not able to do two jobs at once. Otto pondered this for a moment and peeked inside the bar and saw Milo at the bar. No, there was no way he could pass up this chance to make something of himself. Screw the contract, I'm going after Milo.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((WELCOME BACK KATARN!))

Name: Ekire

Homeworld: Corellia

Weapons: E-11 Blaster Rifle, Modified Blaster Pistol, Repeating Rifle, Golan Arms gun.

Vehicles: None currently

Bio: After a strange training incident, he escaped from the Imperial Academy, and went into hacking, smuggling, and pirating. His crew was recently killed in a mission which has made him wanted, though many fear to take up the contract.

----

Ekire sat watching Milo walk in, and otto follow him.

((Good to be back, joke ;), Go for the Mando character as well))

Milo finished off his Corellian Ale as he looked over the man the bartender recommended as a mate of a pirate ship.

"Hrm, he don't look like much to me. He ain't nothing more than some punk kid...." Milo trailed off as he lifted the empty glass to his lips. He turned to the burly man behind the bar, "I'll have another."

The bartender poured another glass and pushed it foward as he shook his head, "Looks don't count for much, bud. I thought someone in your line of work would have figured that much out by now. Listen, Ekire is one of the best...."

Milo snapped his head back to the bartender, "Ekire? I've heard that name before.... He wouldn't happen to have been a graduate of the Imperial Academy on Carida, would he?"

The bartender shook his head, "Nah, he actually dropped out. Few details about the incedent. Damn fine smuggler though; that's what Imperial training can do to a guy."

"You don't say?" Milo said with a mildy sarcastic tone before finishing off his second glass of ale. He set a handful of credits on the counter, "You know what, I think I'll ask him to sign on. Hefty profit in it for him too. If anyone comes in looking for work, point him to Ekire's booth wouldya?"

Milo began to leave the bar to Ekire's booth but the bartender stopped him, "Oh, one thing I feel I should tell ya. He's got a bounty on his head. You might wanna consider that before asking him."

"Meh," Milo shrugged, "It don't bother me. I've got a half dozen bounties on my head so I doubt it will attract anymore unwanted company than usual. Thanks for your help."

Otto sat with his back turned to Milo and the bartender and stood after he heard Milo thank the bartender and slipped into a booth behind Ekire's. Ekire? The Ekire? He knew the name along with Milo's and he too had quite a hefty bounty on his head. The reward for both their capture equalled that of a bounty more well known hunters like Boba Fett would take. He couldn't believe this. And they'd both be on the same ship. It was all too good to be true. He had to stalk his prey a bit further before he struck. He may be a rookie but he was not an idiot.

Ekire saw Milo approaching, but did nothing. He looked around, and saw only two dangers, Otto, and another bounty hunter, the other one clearly following him. He looked straight at the bounty hunter's eyes, and the bounty hunter quickly stood up and walked straight toward him, his hand reaching for his blasters, and cut right in front of Milo, heading toward Ekire.

"You got three choices. Option A: you come with me, I turn you in alive, Option B: You give me a share of your last job, Option C: I turn you in dead." Said the Bounty Hunter.

"Really? As far as I know there's a fourth choice." Said Ekire

"Oh yeah? What?"

Ekire smiled

"This he said, and quickly kicked the bounty hunter in the kneecaps, making him fall down. He quickly drew his blaster, shot the bounty hunter, and stole the bounty hunter's gun, aimed it at Otto and shot twice with each gun. He kept shooting and ran toward Milo, pulling him down to the floor.

((somebody in the swamp suggested i come here so here i am:) ))

Name: Malia Ruusy (Muhleeah Roosay)

Homeworld: none

Weapons: a collection of swords, daggers, and throwing knives; two custom built blasters

Vehicles: Custom ship the Death Breath, very large and crewed by holograms, something very unusual

Bio: Malia went through the Imperial Academy, but decided that the Empire was not for her. To get out, she ended up 'making an end of' somebody's life. They are still trying to figure out 'who done it'. Because of this, she has become an assassin of sorts, but describes herself as a mercenary, which she also does very well.

Malia walked in to the bar(tavern??) and sat down. She'd heard of a job in the area and was interested. Seeing nobody who might be the one described to her, she decided to wait... perhaps this person was a little late, whoever he was.

Otto was startled when Ekire had attacked the other hunter, but this prepared him for the oncoming attack. Ekire's first shot managed to score his shoulder but the rest smashed into the wall behind him as he took cover beneath his booth's table and drew his pistol, Aww, Sithspit. There goes the element of surprise....

Otto rolled out from under the table and saw Ekire on top of Milo a few feet away with blazing blasters in hand. You, stupid bastard, Otto thought to himself as he turned tail and fled from the tavern, You may have won the battle, but the war is far from over.

Milo could taste blood in the back of his mouth by the time his vision refocused from the blur that had formed when his head hit the floor. Ekire lay atop him while firing at a scrawny human man at point blank range. He recognized him as the man who had stood at the entry to the tavern as well as the man who had been seated next to him at the bar. How the hell could I have been so stupid? The stupid womp was trailing me and I didn't even notice it. That Corellian Ale must have really taken its effect....

Milo pushed Ekire off and straightened his jacket and spoke as if nothing had just happened, "Yup, you'll do just fine.... Name's Milo," he extended his hand, "I have a proposition for you---"

Malia suddenly took notice of the two men sprawled on the floor. Could one of them possibly be the one she was looking for? She nodded when she recognized Milo from the picture she had been shown. She decided to let him come to her. After all, the person who had given her the information said he had sent her picture to Milo as well.

(Red hair, green eyes, 5' 5" tall, just in case you want to study the picture, Milo:) )

Milo felt Ekire take his hand and shake it but his mind was elsewhere. Beyond Ekire, sitting at the bar, was a beautiful young woman gazing at the two with a pair of emerald eyes and scarlet hair. I know those eyes, but from where? Hell, Kate's the only woman I got in my life....

Milo and Ekire were on their feet and if Ekire had said anything to him, Milo didn't hear it. His mind was focused on remembering the woman. Then it hit him: Ruusy. Her name is Ruusy. Mara Ruusy? Malla Ruusy? Malia Ruusy? Meh, I dunno what the first name was but that's definately her.

Milo walked to up to the bar with Ekire and ordered them all a round of drinks, "Bartender? Yeah, three glasses of...."

The bartender gave Milo three glasses of Corellian Ale, "Hey, buddy, hasn't anyone told you the dangers of drinking and flying?"

Milo ignored the man and gave the two their glass, "OK, like I was saying, I have a proposition.... for both of you. Ekire, this is Ruusy. Ruusy, Ekire. Once again for those who don't know, I'm Milo."

He told them all about the treasure as they drank their drinks. Once they had all finished, Milo shrugged, "So, what do you say? Better make up your minds and fast because as we noticed my pal Ekire and I have already attracted some unwanted attention and you're no prize Imp yourself, Ruusy."

"It's nice to meet you too" Said Ekire. He gave a sip to his drink.

"This isn't going to be an easy job. This ship is going to have it's own security force, not as big as an army, but every bit as dangerous. They're going to be well trained, hard to get through. And that's if we get inside."

Name: Zofire Fett

Race: Human

Homeworld:Ziltenia

Affiliation: Bounty Hunter

Appearance: 5'7, slim, light brown hair with blonde streaks, green eyes, light skin

Attire: Black and Silver Mandalorian battle armor with a black cape(armor is modified to fit a women)

Weapons: dual-blaster pistols (specially designed), wrist blades, modified DE-11 blaster rifle, modified Tenloss DXR-6 Disruptor rifle, thermal detonators, and many hidden weapons.

Bio: A lost relative of Jango and Boba Fett. Raised by foster parents on Ziltenia, Zofire Fett spends most of her days working as a mechanic and weapon repairist. She also spend numerous hours designing, modifying, and training with blasters and other weapons. One day, while she was heading towards a shop with her best friend Zionia to get some parts for her foster dad's shop, they saw a group of rodians on the run from an army of the New Republic. While these rodians were running, they shot at anyone who was in their way. Unfortunately, Zionia, Zofire's friend, was shot by the gang of the outlawed rodians, nearly killing her. Zofire's was thankful that her friend was still alive, but swore revenge for what the criminals had done to Zionia. The day after the incident, Zofire was cleaning up her foster dad's shop and stumbled across a silver chest engraved with a symbol. This symbol was the same symbol she had on her necklace. Her foster dad said that the case was found next to her when she was a baby. When Zofire opened the case, it contained a Mandalorian battle armor. She modified the suit so that it could be worn by a woman. A year later, Zofire Fett took the job as a Bounty Hunter. Day after day, Zofire hunted down and killed many criminals for vengence. She wanders the galaxy with her robot companion R2R9 in search of more criminals to kill and also in search of answers for her many unanswered questions.

(Taken from the Character thread. :D )

--------------------------------------

A bounty hunter in Mandalorian armor walks to the entrance of the cantina. Looking around cautiously, Zofire takes out the datapad that is hooked onto her belt and studies the pictures of her current bounties. "Milo and Ekire...." she mumbles to herself.

As Zofire walks thru the doorway of the cantina, she places her right hand on her modified blaster rifle. As she enters, she notices that her two targets are right in front of her. A slight smirk forms underneath her helmet. "Too easy..." she whispers to herself. Without hesitating, she draws her blaster rifle and opens fire.

(Out of Character: I'm just playing the role on my character. Maybe you could change her mind. (coughs) Money....)

name: thresh cordanna

species: human

homeworld: ???

weapons: modified e11 blaster rifle, dual dl44 blaster pistols

ship: the star fire

robots: none

bio: thresh had been found as a baby on tantooine by a moisture farmer. he grew up with the farmer and when he was 15 he ran away and stole a ship. he started earning money as a bounty hunter and got better and better. he got tired of killing people and got a job on on ord mantell. every once in a while he would take a bounty and once he accidentily took one against a well known crimelord and by the time he realized it it was two late. he surpisingly prevailed with ease and after that he was well known.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thesh was in the cantina when he heard Milo, Elkire and Malia talking about about the mission and joined in "hi, my name is thresh i was listening and i might be able to help" he said

Name: Tepe Arin

Homeworld: Coruscant

Weapons: Dual DL-44

Vehicles: Modified Lambada-class shuttle

Bio: Is mostely seen on his red clone trooper armor like in the clone wars. Tepe is maybe the only Bounty hunter that hasn't a bounty on his head except some personal issues with some "friends". Tepe's rought, scared face is not pretty to see, especially when he is angry. He was first born in Tattoine and then his family moved in Coruscant where he buyed his first ship called the furious. But when he got older and wealthier, he buyed a Lambada-class shuttle from an old smuggler. He made many modifications and when he got it ready, it was allmost shining as new. So that is one accomplishment about Tepe's skills as a mechanic just like his armor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tepe's helmet was hanging from his belt and behind his cape as he walked in wearing a black cape and a black hood. He walked to the bartender and snapped his fingers. In three seconds a glass of ale was in front of him. He felt a blaster on his back. In half a minute, the bounty hunter was lying on his back and Tepe was pointing his other DL-44 on his face. The bounty hunter crawled backwards, then stood up and runned out. Tepe drank his ale and snapped his fingers again. There was a refill soon and anyone could notice who he was, even if his armor wasn't showing.

((Yay, it's Zofire :D

Also, joke, to clarify Mathyu Dooru's ship is just a shipwreck (a haunted shipwreck) but no one knew it's location until now.))

Milo spyed an armored individual walk through the entrance to the establishment and first thought it to be Boba Fett but thought better of it. The Mandolorian was too small to be Fett and the armor had all the wrong colors and markings. I bet he's here for me. No matter. I'm sure the poser will be as easy to deal with as the womps Ekire scared off....

Milo nodded to Ekire, "Indeed. Legend has it that the ship, or should I say what's left of it, is haunted. If the tales are true, then yes it will be difficult getting to the cargo holds and then taking the invetory back to my ship. But I am not one to believe in ghost stories. It's a load of bantha poodoo that was formed by those artsy fartsy Alderaanian poets who call themselves artists."

Before Ekire could respond, Thresh introduced himself. Milo looked him over and rolled his eyes, "Damn this place used to be a great spot for quality smugglers. I guess times change." He hesitated for a moment and was about to allow Thresh to come along but was cut off when a storm of blaster fire forced the group to take cover.

Milo held his E-11 in his hands and took his time in aiming. All of the Mando's shots were directed at Ekire who had found more than adequate cover. Milo thumbed the saftey once the barrel lined up with the Mando's chest and then tightened his finger on the trigger.

A scarlet bolt pounded into Zofire's chest, knocking her off her feet and sending her weapon a few meters from her reach. Her helmet had fallen off and Milo ran over to her and saw his attackers face. Normally he wouldn't have hesitated in killing someone that tried to kill him, but she was just a girl. He holstered his weapon and helped her to her feet saying, "Fiesty are we?" He looked over her armor and weapons and smiled to himself, "Gee, now this is the kinda gear I was expecting all mercs in here to be wearing. Say, kid, gotta name? I have a job for you that pays over two times what you were being offered for Ekire's, Malia's, and my head all together. Whadya say?"

Zofire looks at him with anger in her eyes. She pauses for a second, and kicks right between Milo's legs. "That's for knocking me down and how much are we talking about?" She then walks over to where her blaster rifle was and picks it up. While picking up her blaster rifle, she mumbles under her breath, "How did I miss?.

More blood came into Milo's mouth, this time before he hit the ground. He landed on his knees gripping his groin while eyeing the girl. Damn she's got nerve. With Ekire, Malia, and her with me I can't go wrong.

Slowly he stood and couldn't help smile despite the excrutiating pain he felt, "Son of a gundark! That's some thanks I get for sparing your life. Lucky for you I don't go about blowing little girls heads off!"

He limped to the exit and turned to his newly assembled crew, "Our astute young collegue.... I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name."

"Zofire Fett."

Milo nodded and smiled while rolling his eyes, "Right, as our astute young collegue, Zofire Fett who I'm sure she'll claim is some relative to Boba himself, has asked how much exactly will you be paid. Glad you asked. If you'd follow me to my ship...."

Ekire, Malia, Thresh, and Zofire were gathered around the monitor that had the cargo manifest of Mathyu Dooru's ship displayed. Milo could tell they were all awe stricken and knew they were all eager to begin.

Milo nodded, "Alright, ladies and gentlemen. We are about to embark to the fortune of a life time. I am Milo as I have stated a number of times but you may call me Captain Milo." He paused and then shook his head, "Nah, that sounds way too formal. Just Captain will do."

Kate chirped what sounded almost like laughter. Milo nodded, "Ahh yes, and this would be my first mate, Kate. She may not look like much but she's the finest droid in the galaxy as far as the R5 series goes."

Milo patted the droid's dome and nodded as he concluded his speech, "Alright, let's cut the crap. As we all witnessed in the bar, some of us are wanted men: Ekire, Malia, myself.... If the heat's to hot for you to handle, don't handle it by getting the hell off my ship right now. Questions?"

Putting her helmet back on, Zofire says, "I have my own ship on this cargo bay." She then points to the direction of her ship. "If you want, I can follow you." She then presses a button on her helmet that allows her to contact her ship. "R9, ready the ship."

----------------------------------------------

(Out of Character: Didn't mean to call a shot on your character, Katarn07.)

((NeoVenom, that's ok, I corrected it. I want us all in one ship like a pirate ship. Also you'll notice Milo seems to hate Zofire and I'm doing that just because she kneed him in the balls after trying to shoot him. Just staying in character :cool: ))

Milo held up a hand, "No, no. There's no way in hell I'd let you follow me to Dooru's treasure after what you pulled back there. You're staying here...."

He turned to all of them, "....all of you. If you got a ship you'd better go find a nice shipyard for her to stay. If you got a droid, bring them aboard." He turned his attention back to Zofire, "I'm sure 'R9' can keep Kate company. How's that sound, Katie?"

Kate beeped with pleasure. Milo watched her 'nod' her approval and smiled, "She seems excited. Any other questions? No? Alright, we're going then. Kate, set course for Orion Theta Starcluster. That was the last known charted space Dooru was in and that's where we'll start."

Otto watched as the Gundark took off from the spaceport and swore. Well, looks like I missed my chance. That ship's too good to let outta my grasp though, I have to catch up with them.

He looked around and saw a Z-95 Headhunter being worked on by a pair of maintenence droids. The cockpit was open. The Force is with me today. First I find the catch of a lifetime and then I get my hands on a free ride.

"What armaments does each of your ships have?" Asked Ekire. "And can I go pick up some gear from my hovercar."

His hovercar was parked right outside, stolen from the first bounty hunter that tried to kill him. He quickly walked outside, opened the trunk and got a large suitcase. He walked back inside.

"OK, I'm ready."

((EDIT: posted at the same time, must make edits.))

She wasn't please with Milo's answer. "Fine..." she says harshly. Zofire walk over to her ship. "We gotta go with that ship, R9." she then points over to where Milo and the others are. R9 beeps with disappointment. Before he unplugs himself, R9 sets the forcefield around the Slave II. He wobbles for a bit and extends his middle leg. Zofire and R9 exit their ship and head off to the Gundark. She hops on the ship and is quickly followed by R9. Taking a seat, Zofire says to the others "Ok. I'm ready."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(Out of Character: Zofire did this before the ship took off.)

Waiting for the Gundark to reach it's destination, Zofire unhooks her datapad and reviews her other bounties.

"So..." Zofire says to break the silence, "How long will this journey take?" After finishing her question, Zofire takes off her helmet. R9 beeps and hums in reply. "You don't say, R9...." she laughs as she pats R9 on the head.

Archived