Home

A guide to "new area" creation

gameunlimited

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:mad: :mad: :mad::( :( :(

=====================

I can't insert new objects into the *.git file that have XYZ coordinates that i got from the whereami cheat. If I make a new object and use the XYZ coordinates that are used by something else it works. Can someone give me a solution? The new object doesn't show up!

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by Darth Fett

:( One of these links no longer works...

Next time, indicate which link doesn't work. So far, the only link I found that was not working was the one for Kotor tool. You can check my Guide for the newbie to get it (or the tools and mods sticky). Since the time Gameunlimited made his tutorial, a lot of new tools have been released. You will find them classified by mod category in the guide for the neewbie (there is an area creation category).

All the info given by GU is still valid. The only difference is that now you have some tools to make your life easier. Per example, you no longer have to edit dialogues with a GFF editor since we have dlg editors. You can also edit many of the files directly with Kotor Tool and , depending on which area you are working, use KT's area editor.

There is also another guide by Doom Dealer.

Originally posted by Darth Fett

Does anyone have the complete proper link to the NWN Editor? The tutorial only gives this (in a non link form)

http://users.servicios.retecal.es/f...l/NwNEditor.zip

Thanks.

All the links are in the Guide for the Newbie sticky at the top of this page. But a lot of this stuff can now be done directly with Kotor tool (the Guide for the Newbie indicates the latest tools that you can use)

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Xavier2

I still can't figure how doors work in new areas. It is pretty straight forward to make a door allowing you to get out of an area, but how and where can i place specific coordinates when the PC's are entering a new area?

Look at the 3rd and 6th posts on the 2nd page of this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130451&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

if there is something you don't understand, then don't hesitate to post your questions :)

• 1 month later...

ok i tried this out and it worked :D

just one thing... i used the ruins on dantooine for my test and i placed malak where the ancient droid was .. so i see him and fight him and one swipe he was dead... the feedback said that his defense was 12 and that his VP was 32 ????

Originally posted by sketch42

ok i tried this out and it worked :D

just one thing... i used the ruins on dantooine for my test and i placed malak where the ancient droid was .. so i see him and fight him and one swipe he was dead... the feedback said that his defense was 12 and that his VP was 32 ????

That would rather be a problem with the .utc file you used rather than aarea editing. In what module did you picked up the Malak .utc?

BIFs>Templates>Blueprint Character

Likely that is the utc either for cutscene's or is there for an example case of malak. What you should look in is one of the starforge rim files probably deck 4 and look for one titled something like sta_malak.utc that would be a better challenge.

Originally posted by Darkkender

Likely that is the utc either for cutscene's or is there for an example case of malak. What you should look in is one of the starforge rim files probably deck 4 and look for one titled something like sta_malak.utc that would be a better challenge.

whenever i take any utc from the rims section nothing spawns

whenever i take any utc from the rims section nothing spawns

This is likely caused by the .utc's tag and templateresref not matching what your module or script is calling for, you will have to edit those to match what you are calling for then they should appear fine. :)

no i checked the name took the easiest to spell too lol

here look

http://www.imagemonster.org/getimg/Untitled_1_copy.gif

Did you try the sta_45darthmalak.utc

RIMS > Modules > sta_m45ad_s.rim - Deck 4 [star Forge] > Blueprint, Character

I noticed it had the "darth" prefix, and looking over the stats seems to be the one you wind up fighting in the 'finale'...

The .utc you have pictured, Malak has but a normal red lightsaber, 13 strength and 8 max hitpoints

the "darth" pre-fix has the uber-saber, 29 strength, and 307 max hitpoints

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Did you try the sta_45darthmalak.utc

RIMS > Modules > sta_m45ad_s.rim - Deck 4 [star Forge] > Blueprint, Character

I noticed it had the "darth" prefix, and looking over the stats seems to be the one you wind up fighting in the 'finale'...

The .utc you have pictured, Malak has but a normal red lightsaber, 13 strength and 8 max hitpoints

the "darth" pre-fix has the uber-saber, 29 strength, and 307 max hitpoints

yea i tried that but without the .utc extension and nothing was there

heres everything i did...

i found the dantooine ruins .... extracted the mod file with KT and proceded to Decompile with the ERF editor , copied and put my new are. ifo and git in a new folder (so as to ave a backup)..

opened GFF editor and edited the Mod_Tag only to say sketch. saved and closed

opened the .git file in the GFF editor and changed the ancientdroid in the creatures list to sta_45darthmalak

Recfompiled all files with ERF editor and named the Mod file sketch ... placed it in the modules folder in kotor directory and it didnt work... i ended up deleting the rest of the creatures in the creature list as they never showed up anyway

now i noticed that no UTCs from RIM work ... only the ones found in BIF

and now im stuck

Originally posted by Darth333

Is the sta_45darthmalak.utc file in your new module or in your override folder?

The other thing you can check is the Field ID as explained here. (the post is about doors but it works the same way with all the objects you add to the .git file)

??? the utc file i never extracted... i was assumming from the tut that the game will see the function im calling and grab it from its appropriate place

so where should i put the utc

can i compile it with the Mod file???

??? the utc file i never extracted... i was assumming from the tut that the game will see the function im calling and grab it from its appropriate place

so where should i put the utc

can i compile it with the Mod file???

When you plan to use a utc file that is only listed within a specific RIM file you have to extract it because that means as far as the game is concerned it only exists within that RIM. If something is not within the BIF files that is a resource you intend to use then it will be Module specific for each RIM file and need to be extracted from the RIM.

Archived