Home

Collecting S&M comics

Brushguy

I'm out to collect all the Sam and Max comics (not all the individual books and compilations mind you - just the comics). I've got almost all of them, except for the 12 printed in the early Adventurer newsletters. Nobody on eBay seems to be selling them, so where could I find some scans (besides the three on samandmax.net, which I have)?

They're definitely in the Surfin the Highway collection, which despite being rare, is far easier to come across than the old Adventurer issues.

That said, if youre absolutely out of luck, you can probably find scans of Surfin the Highway around if you go looking on your own.

Whoa he *does* have them all up, I didn't know that. I intentionally only ran the comics on samandmax.net that are ridiculously hard to find, since they aren't available in the Sufrin the Highway book. Of course, now that Surfin the Highway has become impossible to find, I guess that's the case for all Sam & Max comics. I wish they'd put out a new collection soon.

And for the record, with a few exceptions (like the Adventurer comics), from what I can tell, Alex's Sam & Max page's content is basically a clone of my site, which is kind of annoying.

What’s wrong Jake, you are sounding nervous, as if Alex is cutting into your territory. I would be worried as well, especially since the site has not been updated since 2001. We all better practice up on our guerrilla warfare.

Jake, I have never been able to find scans of surfing the highway on the net, and trust me I have looked. Further more, I have never been able to find a scan of "Sam & Max in the Office" from the fox kids magazine.

Anyone knows where either of these fine periodicals can be obtained, because purchasing them in Australia is not a viable option. They are just too damn rare.

Considering I've found a full scan of surfin the highway before surely someone else can :) One might even find a thread about it on this very forum if they looked hard enough.

And I don't really care about Alex's site, but back when it opened it definitely raised a couple of my eyebrows. It is a nice site though.

Thanx for the link! But I thought Alex's site was declared dead! :confused:

Quote:

----------------

Jake, I have never been able to find scans of surfing the highway on the net, and trust me I have looked. Further more, I have never been able to find a scan of "Sam & Max in the Office" from the fox kids magazine.

---------------

As far as I know, "Sam and Max in the Office" is the same thing as "Something's Not Right Here." Somebody could help out us Sam and Max fans and get on eBay, & bid for the 1998 issues of Fox Kids Magazine, if somebody's doing that. I wish I was into Fox Kids back in 1998 so I could have enjoyed Sam and Max. :( But I didn't become a fan of theirs until 1999 when Digimon was aired.

Quote:

---------------

Anyone knows where either of these fine periodicals can be obtained, because purchasing them in Australia is not a viable option. They are just too @$%^ rare.

---------------

Your best bet is eBay. That's where I got the Sam and Max comics. It just takes patience until somebody puts them up for auction. Then you get vicious! :bdroid2:

By the way, did you notice the $75 Collected Sam and Max currently on eBay, SIGNED BY STEVE PURCELL HIMSELF!!!!!!!

For those who are wondering, Manny was referring to the new news at http://www.samandmax.net. For those to lazy to click the link, set eyes to read on:

A couple quick updates for the curious. Many people recently have been wondering how to get a hold of Sam & Max comics. Its become especially difficult ever since the Surfin' the Highway compilation book was discontinued a few years back. Reader Tom Lau wrote in to say he asked Steve Purcell if and when a new comic collection would be made available, and here's his answer:

That's probably the most asked question I've heard in the past few months. Yeah, that collection will come out again, [...] just have to pin down the gruesome details.

We'll have more news on a reprint of Surfin the Highway (or a new different-named collection) if and when any more news presents itself.

For those like myself, his is very good news indeed. I never had the opportunity to buy the comics and I would really like to get my hands on a copy.

I actually own Surfin' The Highway, 2 Sam and Max comic books, printed by Comico an Fishwrap and a few Adventurers from back in the day. Unfortunately for anyone looking for this stuff, I got all of these things quite a few years ago (except for the comic books which I got at a con for $20 each). I would suggest going to comic conventions. I have actually seen a few copies of Adventurer there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived