Home

Should I get KOTOR?

-=DarkZero=-

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tie 23

Its good, but not worth $40-50

Only buy it if you like games like Final Fantasy and other crappy games like that.

TiE

TiE you bazooka brain ! How dare you insult :

a) The greatest SW game ever = KOTOR

b) The greatest action-rpg saga of all time = FF

*Astro slinks away, waits for TiE to come down dark alley*

:p

Anyway, Dante, if you like RPG style games, and you LOVE star wars then you will WORSHIP KOTOR.......

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Dante Vandetta.

ZBomber, I saw a patch or something for Online Play on the Xbox version, I don't know if it's in development or if it's out, but I saw it, I just hope they plan on creating it for the PC version :@

No. You didn't.

There is not and never will be multiplayer for KOTOR. Ever. It's not a multi-player style game. There would be no point in making it multiplayer.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

No. You didn't.

There is not and never will be multiplayer for KOTOR. Ever. It's not a multi-player style game. There would be no point in making it multiplayer.

Yes, Dante, listen to ET(who seems to have regained some of his sanity and astuteness! :) )

Indeed, the KOTOR game engine is not designed to incorporate MP play..... it is NOT like NWN where you can fiddle with the toolset and create your own modules etc. The downloadable content on the XBox bring some of the story elements/items that are present in the PC version to the XB version, thats it :p There is some modding possible on the PC version, but nothing liek maps or conversions, just things that let you alter your characters attributes or appearances really....

So DANTE, if you want KOTOR MP, you're just going to have to hang out for KOTOR2 of course.....

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

Actually, I thought I saw a ladder-type map for KotOR. I've not played it though. Check Holowan Labs' mods list sticky.

although the combat was fun, i liked the story the most, hence a ladder map for KOTOR doesnt particularly excite me. I can handle cool ladder maps for JA, dare I say it those two letters again......

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

Actually, I thought I saw a ladder-type map for KotOR. I've not played it though. Check Holowan Labs' mods list sticky.

Ladder-type? I'm not sure what you're talking about but I'm from the Kotor forum, no new maps(yet, and probably never), no multiplayer of any significance other than the online pazzak play hack that I haven't tried.

There are games which are obviated by later games (like Doom and Quake, IMO) and games which remain good even if the graphics are lousy (Duke 3D, Dark Forces, etc) and games like Baldur's Gate.

KoTOR is a game that 5 years from now will still look like a very good game in general, and an excellent Star Wars game in specific.

Mike

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

It seems Mr Dante already has KOTOR, I think his next thread will be "Is there a mod where I can get into Bastila's pants..."

mtfbwya

Face it, we'll never be able to do that :(. And what a shame, shes hot for a computer character :rolleyes:.

But I didnt say that...

-Clemme

DUN DUN DUN

I see this didn't die down quick.....

Anyway, It took me 3 days to beat the game on both endings, and I'm very disapointed with the outcome of the darkside, I mean...Mission was so hot...He didn't even fondle her dead body afterwards?! LMAO, I know it's sick, and disgusting, don't ask >_>

Sweet Game, I'm happy I got it, I was wondering if there are any books on Revan and Malak, like, the mandalorian wars, too lazy to searh the net, And, that website posted above with the mods, is that it? I'm going to restart the game tommorrow, and see if I can beat it in a day ^_^

3 days....I prefer to sweeten the experience and at least leave some days between each level. It just made it more enjoyable... believe it or not, I havent even done the darkside path properly yet.... something to look forward to.... :)

too busy at the moment with Final Fantasy x-2 and Crystal Chronicles, still havent finshed NWN SoU or HotU.... lotsa good gaming to be done, not enough time..... :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

It seems Mr Dante already has KOTOR, I think his next thread will be "Is there a mod where I can get into Bastila's pants..."

Personally, I find that the lady that i'm playing through as this time is way hotter than Bastilla. I want a mod to get into HER pants...

<_<

>_>

I keeed I keeeed.

sorta

I hated Bastila at first, she reallly pissed me off, with her snobby attitude........but she got pretty hot near the end, and so cute when I flirted with her......Not that I don't know it's a game or anything.

What I found disapointing was at the end, Revan's robes weren't exactly what I thought it would be, with like the cape and stuff >_>

Although i'd like some mods ;)

Archived