Home

Prayer Request

Nitro

I got a phone call at work from my mom at the hospital today...

My sister had a seisure, so they took her in... A cat scan and an MRI found a kinda big tumor.

They're operating tomorrow to take it out...

Until then, pray for the kid... She's barely 16... Hasn't even driven a car yet.

I'll post more info when I've got it.

Thanks,

Ryan "Nitro" Cole

Just got back from el hopitalo.

The post-op MRI scan came back... They got it all. :D

One side of her head looks like a baseball from the huge friggin' staples in it, but she's kickin' ass and takin' names like a USMC drill instructor.

Aside from a constant headache (to be expected, considering they had a cut a hole in her head big enough to haul a 6.5cm tumor out of there), some short-term memory loss the docs say is normal and should clear up in a month or so, and the slight loss of perephiral vision in the upper-right hand corner of her field of vision (the only permanant damage from the surgery), she's really pwnin' this mofo. They figure she'll be home by the end of this week, and she probably won't even need chemo or radiation therapy!

We won't know if it was benign or malignant until the pathology report comes in around the middle of the week, but the doc's pretty sure it was a slow growing (benign) sucker that had been there for 3-4 years...

But it doesn't *really* matter now, cause I get to keep my little sister anyway.

sry nitro if i didnt make a reply ^_^;

but,..

Well if i hadn't told a good portion of you people, i have definately told some

it'll be in a matter of hours when I'm going to be an uncle ^_^

at least it should

last night my sister should have gone into labor yesterday, if not the day before *shrugs*

real soon it should be ^_^

Greep! :( Look what I miss when the devil conspires to firewall me offline and I don't post. I'm glad she's doing better!

Originally posted by edlib

Any sister of yours is a sister of mine...

For the record, my sister is your sister. :D Daddy was a rolling stone, yes he was...

Actually, my daddy was a travelling jazz guitarist... so it's not out of the question. :D

I have 2 half-sisters and a half-brother that I know about, but whom I've never met in person. My brother is more than 20 years older than I am.

Archived