Home

Redo M1 and M2?

pirate boy

Originally posted by Joshi

That's all relative, most MMORPG's are crap, and I'm not saying a MI MMORPG would be great, but it does have the potential to be.

Yes, as does every game thats made. It would be a great game if they got it right. There is no way you could let any of the main characters be playable (The Matrix Online is taking this approach). They could let you meet these characters in certain missions. Also, I can't see I can't see it being anything like the original games because it wouldn't work. It would have to be co-oppritive with plenty of sword fighting and trading.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, as does every game thats made. It would be a great game if they got it right. There is no way you could let any of the main characters be playable (The Matrix Online is taking this approach). They could let you meet these characters in certain missions. Also, I can't see I can't see it being anything like the original games because it wouldn't work. It would have to be co-oppritive with plenty of sword fighting and trading.

Yea that what I think the main characters in a Monkeys Island Multiplayer online game would have to be computer controlled. Because if we were all Guybrush Threepwood or Le Chuck we would get confused.

If Monkeys Island 5 was a Multiplayer online game and it had similar graphics to Strawars Galaxies or Everquest 2 them type of games give you a the choice of a first person camera view. I would but quite excited to see what Woodtick, Phatt and Dinky Island or Le Chucks Castle would look like thro the eyes of lets say Gubrush Threepwood.

Again the only worry would be if Lucas arts would charge a big monthly fee to use the game like they do with Starwars Galaxies.

:guybrush:

Originally posted by Largo LaGrande

Udvarnoky I cant wait until you get them Memoirs written up and put on the Scumm Bar because I am missing pages from my old copy.

:guybrush:

I think all the narrative walkthroughs for the older adventure games were brilliant. I know a lot of people haven't had the pleasure of reading them because they never had a copy of the hint book.

Just to update you guys who have been waiting patiently: the Memoirs for Monkey1 has been completely typed and I'm in the progress of formatting/correcting as well as typing up Monkey2. I also want to ask once more anyone who has the hint books for CMI or EMI if they include full memoirs as well (remember, I'm only doing the first two). Thanks.

Man, now I really wish I had bought the guides for CMI and EMI when they came out. At this point I'll have to wait until the next time I win the lottery to buy a used copy (should be just shy of three grand).

I'd appreciate it if anyone with the EMI hint book would step up and inform me as to whether or not that one contains Memoirs as well. It looks like if I want to eventually type these up I'm going to need to find a copy or have someone....gasp...scan me the memoirs section for me to transcribe.

I'll get back to work now. :¬:

• 2 weeks later...

Sure I am new here, but not to Monkey Island. For the past two years, I have been 3d1t1ng CMI to change it to follow the plot of SMI and MI2, I didn't like EMI, I only played it for five minutes, but I thought that it was pushed to be 3d, too soon. I have made very little progress on my project, but when I was reading around in the SCUMM forum, I noticed a link to this. I think that lealities already do limit me, and the fact that the AKOS decompilers out there don't help me, because I have yet been able to make changes to most cels, let alone just view all cels.

Oh what I would do if I was given permission/recources to finish my projects, but the job positions for lucusarts are all booked, and I don't live in San Fransisco.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi...my name is Patrik Spacek and I am 3D Artist and Animator.I am looking for somebody,who will help me with remaking of Monkey Island I and II.I am looking for 3D Artists,2D Artists,programmers and Animators,who has 2 hours free per day and will sacrifice this time to help me with this project.This project is just for free time,for fans,no charge and If you are keen on Monkey Island,lets make a freeware remake.We can make more publicity,when we'll have freeware demo...please let me know if you are interested.

Remake should be done for fun! no for money.Just to show everybody,there are people who can make it better (graphics) for newer computers and technology and developed it as a freeware! There are so many MI projects, which are not finished.I want my project finished and everybody in the world will see it and play it. I am looking for people who are interested, and if it is freeware you can developed it and put it on internet.I would like to make graphic similar to Syberia, and design should be same like is original game,thats mean all is going to be 3D,but style MI.If you are interested let me know.

Patrik Spacek

patrikspacek@yahoo.com

Archived