Home

Spider-man 2

legameboy

Has anyone seen this yet? I'm going to see it in a couple of days... I can't frickin' wait! XD

EDIT: I'm such an idiot, I thought it came out on the 25th... instead it's coming out on the 30th... lol.

I'll probobly check the game out when that comes out... it looks fun.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by legameboy

So it is out now? Ugh... I'm so confused...

No - these are all 'special viewings' they give to reviewers.

It is amazing how things have changed with movies since I was a kid ... then you would have the movie open, *then* get reviews ... then it would build or die by word of mouth (sure, there was still pre-release buzz). Now if you don't pull >$xx Million the first weekend and be #1 you'll never hit your target.

Some films - like the first Spiderman and Shrek 2 - get blessed with a vacuum ... nothing much else for the first couple of weeks. That helps them (esp in Shrek 2's case) generate insane numbers.

Mike

Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit

:( I sure hope not.

While I personally don't care, I hope not as well (on general principal).

But what I've heard is that these are *not* the same games, that the PC game is 'for 8 year olds' whereas the console game offers full exploration of the city.

Mike

I figured it out... there are two versions of the Spider-man 2 game coming out for PC.

One is rated "E" and is more youth centric.

I believe that a "T" rated version will come out that will be a lot different.

I got that from the Gamespot forums.

i can't wait to see spider-man 2 ... and that reminds me, i should really book my seats.

i really liked the first Spider-man movie game for the PC. the controls were a bit of a pain but the graphics are excellent.

it sucks that they've done a completey different game this time.

I'll watch it on DVD.

BTW, the soundtrack is done by a Pakistani band called Strings I hear. There is a sad, lamenting Hindi song at the end of the movie called 'Jaane Kyon'.

Yes, and Spiderman is going to get Indian with the new line of comics developed by Gotham comics. The names will be all similar to the original Spiderman.

Peter Parker = Pavitra Prabhakar

Mary Jane = Mala

Green Goblin = Rakshasa

LOL, can't wait to see him swing through the rickshaw-clogged streets of Mumbai.

Go Asia, Go Asia, Go Asia...

I'm going to be honest.

I thought Spider-Man 1 sucked. A lot.

Ebert is saying that this is the best superhero film since Superman in 1978. He said that this is everything a superhero movie should be. I agree with Ebert's reviews for the most part, but we'll have to see about Spidey 2. I have my doubts, but I hope they are misplaced.

More info about the PC game. Yes, there are two versions...

One is the Spider-man 2 game you all played in the demo.

Another is the Spider-man 2 Activity Learning Center Funhouse... thing.

I really was looking forward to the real Spider-man 2 game for PC! WHY! WHY DID THEY DO THIS!

By the way, I think Spider-man 2 will probobly be one of the best Superhero movies of all time. Heh.

Originally posted by obi-wan13

I thought Spider-Man 1 sucked. A lot.

I didn't think it sucked, but having seen it once, I thought it was good (certainly better than The Hulk) but have never had any desire to see it again. That with Spidey being my #2 superhero (Batman is #1)

Originally posted by obi-wan13

Ebert is saying that this is the best superhero film since Superman in 1978.

This is where I agree with your assessment above.

- Superman the movie took Superman the superhero to a new level, really brought him someplace. And it did it in a movie I'm proud to watch with my kids, without compromising.

- Batman in 1989 brought the Dark Knight to the masses. Most (like me) had grown up on Adam West and BAM! KER-POW! Yet that movie flowed wonderfully. It fully earned the R-rating without sex, nudity or too much language ... my kids won't see that anytime soon.

- Spiderman was a film version of the cartoon. Well acted, directed and produced, but the story was already there.

I hope that Spidey 2 is as good as I've heard, and it isn't all just that pre-hype going on. I know it will do huge numbers, regardless (look at the last two Matrix train-wrecks).

Mike

Why do everyone keep forgetting The Crow?

IMO it's by far the best comic book based movie... at least of the ones i've seen..

And i thought Spidey 1 was ok, probably gonna rent this one when it comes out on dvd...

The main issue that i have with Spiderman 2 is that the Trailer seems to have shown the entire plot, from start to finish. I'm not really sure there is much point in watching the whole film now :(

(MIB did this too, and it was really annoying. )

As for spidey 1:

I enjoyed it in the cinema... but when i rewatched it on dvd with some mates (who hadn't seen it before) we all agreed it kind of sucked.

I think there were a lot of things to like about spiderman, especially it's deeper depiction of emotions and conflicting feelings.

But i think the fact i was happy someone had finally tried to do a slightly deeper comic book movie initially blinded me to a lot of the stuff that sucked.

The cgi looks terrible... and has dated VERY badly. The basic action plot is fairly lightweight and generic, it is only the interesting personal lives that makes it feel more complex.

The end fight is brutaly cool, but the end scene on the bridge is REALLY CORNY fake american sentimentality of the worst order, and the "death by your own device" ending is just as stupid as in films like waterworld.

Hopefully the sequel will put this right (and i think Rami is a great director), but the fact it seems to have EXACTLY the same plot as the first one, and that we have seen it all in the trailer, might leave me disappointed.

Archived