Home

USA Successor

yaebginn

i think i'm really with gabez here. i think he lives his religion the right way. if i were religious, i would do it the same way. what you do, yeabginn, i pretty much interpreting the meaning of religion wrong. it my not be your fault, but more that of your "environment". maybe you'll see that one day.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

Honestly, if you Christian fundamentalists actually read the posts before replying with Bible quotes like Ray and Doomgiver, then maybe your points would make some sort of sense.

Just some more points I picked out:

"God wouldnt say that, becase it contradicts his word." - and of course the Bible NEVER condradicts itself ever...

"santa has been proved impossible time and time again, God hasnt." - time for a quick lesson on proof. Basically, nothing can be proved apart from maybe maths, because it is analytic - everthing else is synthetic. So in terms of proof, God and Santa Claus are the same; you can never prove that Santa doesn't exist. Think about it. "Oh, but we've been to the North-pole" - he's invisible. "But you can't fly around the world in one night to all the children!" - he uses some sort of high-tech Alien gadgetry. Simmiliarly, with God, you can say "oh but I've never seen Him do anything" - God doesn't want you to KNOW He exists, because otherwise we'd have no free will and be "forced" to follow him. The point is, both cases can neither be proved or disproved, really. "But I've been to heaven!" - you were hallucinating. etc. etc.

"I've said before, sex was made to increase the population, not pleseure, ruling out the need for tht kind of protection" - right, so you're all for the world becoming even more over-populated. If a teenage student girl asked you for advice because she was gang raped and can't support a child, you'd suggest that she keep the baby even though the foetus is only a few days old. Right. What are you trying to do here - do what's right, or do what you think the Bible says? (But actually doesn't good samaritan story etc. says help others whatever of pre-set "rules")

Very well, so in that case the Bible really shouldn't be taken word for word - we should look at the common ground the interpretations sharem (such as love your neighbour - even if he is gay) and not go around stoning homosexuals because of what could be a mistranslation, a misunderstanding of simply someone's opinion. Remember that the divine law is not the same as the eternal law (see Aquinas).

Originally posted by Gabez

Very well, so in that case the Bible really shouldn't be taken word for word - we should look at the common ground the interpretations sharem (such as love your neighbour - even if he is gay) and not go around stoning homosexuals because of what could be a mistranslation, a misunderstanding of simply someone's opinion. Remember that the divine law is not the same as the eternal law (see Aquinas).

You obviously don't read the Bible your self do you?:dozey:

Lyrnx

(Has left his mark)

wow. this thread has sloowwwed down incredibly.

however.. i think gabez has read the bible. but that's not the point.. the point is, if i seek answers and walk blind, how do i find the questions?

also some of you ran out of "prepared" answers, that's why this "discussion" stopped so abruptly.

--

so will there be a successor for the us? maybe not. people have to learn that it is not about the best country anymore. we're on to enter a new age. ..

spaceage!! (mwaha.)

the trend will be like what we see in the eu, nations will join together and finally grow together. and one day there will be only one "nation" on earth. if mankind isnt going to die, then we will spread in space. the question then will be "who is going to be the successor of earth?"

of course, this will not happen tomorrow. :dozey:stupid humans.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

But all of YOUR answers are the same. There is no other argument that you can make, your entire argument is based on a 3000 year old book.

Technically, it's older...

But yes I base my answers on this "book".

BTW: Gabez if you claim to be a "jesus lover" and don't act like it then you are no more then a cowardly HIPOCRIT!

Lyrnx

(has left his mark...)

Originally posted by Lyrnx

But yes I base my answers on this "book".

yes, you base your answers on this old book, but you use any other (relative) new(est) technology you can get a hold of? strange.

what does "your book" say about the internet? honestly. i want an "biblic" answer to this.

i wanna know what the bible says about flying around the earth or even up to the moon and walking on it. what does it say about mars probes.. i wanna know what answers that book has concerning "year 2004" questions.

Sorry i didn't post in a while. You see, normally i'm online pretty much the whole damn day, but i've acquired GTA: vice city recently so i've had a little les sitme for this...

Anyway, can someone really tell me what you're all talking about since my last visit?

Originally posted by Lyrnx

BTW: Gabez if you claim to be a "jesus lover" and don't act like it then you are no more then a cowardly HIPOCRIT!

Firstly, you do not have to blindly follow the Bible, hate gays, try to persudae everyone that what you think is right etc. to "love" Jesus. I believe there is a God, though I don't know exactly what He is like. I also believe in Jesus, and "love" him because of the good things he said (the things that haven't been warped by people like you). Secondly, it's a joke, I'm making fun of you.

And:

If you hate gays because the Bible says you should, then if the Bible told you to fly a plane into a building, would you do it? I see a very thin line between you and the 9/11 Terrorists.

Doomgiver: not much since you last posted, I'm afraid. :~

Originally posted by Gabez

Firstly, you do not have to blindly follow the Bible, hate gays, try to persudae everyone that what you think is right etc. to "love" Jesus. I believe there is a God, though I don't know exactly what He is like. I also believe in Jesus, and "love" him because of the good things he said (the things that haven't been warped by people like you). Secondly, it's a joke, I'm making fun of you.

And:

If you hate gays because the Bible says you should, then if the Bible told you to fly a plane into a building, would you do it? I see a very thin line between you and the 9/11 Terrorists.

Doomgiver: not much since you last posted, I'm afraid. :~

I don't hate gays, only their lifestyles.

"Love the sinner, hate the Sin"

Making fun of me and every other Christian is one BIG mistake you made. On the day of Judgement every single little detail (even the ones you think are hidden) will be unveiled...

Lyrnx

(has left his mark)

Ow c'mon. Jesus is a very kind and loving man, and if he comes back to judge over us, he will take everyone to heaven that doesn't say stuff like: 'You're total crap!' against him. I'm sure that if it were to happen it wouldn't be as (Waht's that word again?) as you say it.

Archived