Home

USA Successor

yaebginn

Originally posted by SkinWalker

Assumption and mythology. The pilgrims who fled from England and Northern Europe to ride the Mayflower to the North American continent landed in what is now considered New England. They were a minority of settlers in the New World, compared to the settlements elsewhere. They simply made for a good story. Many or most of them perished and moved on, replaced by more settlers at later periods.

The real beginnings of nation-building began with prologue to the Revolutionary War, when English colonists, who by this time had a generation or so of "American" born colonists but were still arriving from England, had had enough of the economic policy of the Motherland. England wanted all the profits and heavily taxed her subjects in the New World. Had she backed up her colonies with a real military presence, England might still be the rule of the land.

Colonists, however, noted that the military was as phyisically taxed as they were fiscally taxed. They were also not willing to allow tyrannical rule to govern them from afar, whilst their work and profit went to the royal coffers. "No taxation without representation," was a key focus for colonial businessmen. Our nation was built on capitalism, not christianity.

But there are those that will invoke quotes from famous Americans and Founding Fathers.

[/size]

But they will fail to offer other quotes by the same patriots that show that they were willing to question the role of christianity and religious dominance in nation-building.

[/size]

Or

[/size]

After actually studying history and not simply accepting the dogma of one side of an issue, it would be foolish for one to state that the nation was "built upon christianity," not to mention arrogant and exclusionist.

Not bothering to study the nation's history and continuing to cite that the nation is built upon christianity is likewise as foolish.

Please take note that I used the same context of foolishness that Jed did in another post of another thread. He was accused of "flaming" then, but I'd like to point out that this is not an ad hominem remark, but rather one of logic.

Are you American? Cuz I didn't know they teach real history there ;)

Good job :D

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got a link, for one. for second, you siad to do sometihng would be foolish, not calling me a fool. I still dont get what your post was entirely based on. you'll need more than that to convince me. you'd have to show me dates of when they were said and such. and tifghter, you have no room to talk. earlier in this thread, I belive Mort Hog and you had a disaggreemnet on Israeli History. who can say what exactly is real fact. Skinwalker is intelligent, from what I gather, but he is...misguided. He has not yet stepped outside of the room. You have to see beyond, and skin is still in. Its weird, its like, you start in a closet. Skin finds the handle and goes outside of the closet. Then hes in a room. and he thinks the room is all there is. then there is a house, and that is where I think I am at. I know there is more to the closet and the room, and there are some similarities between the two, the next is outside. To be outside is to know all. I think that is in Heaven.

Wisdom is different than knowledge. Skin is probably more knowledgable then me. But I have wisdom. Wisdom cannot be attained by books, (which I read as well for knowledge). Wisdom is a... a knowing. You don't see wisdom much. Wisdom must be attained by experience. For some reason, I have way more wisdom than my experience would suggest.

Originally posted by yaebginn

got a link, for one. for second, you siad to do sometihng would be foolish, not calling me a fool. I still dont get what your post was entirely based on. you'll need more than that to convince me. you'd have to show me dates of when they were said and such. and tifghter, you have no room to talk. earlier in this thread, I belive Mort Hog and you had a disaggreemnet on Israeli History. who can say what exactly is real fact. Skinwalker is intelligent, from what I gather, but he is...misguided. He has not yet stepped outside of the room. You have to see beyond, and skin is still in. Its weird, its like, you start in a closet. Skin finds the handle and goes outside of the closet. Then hes in a room. and he thinks the room is all there is. then there is a house, and that is where I think I am at. I know there is more to the closet and the room, and there are some similarities between the two, the next is outside. To be outside is to know all. I think that is in Heaven.

How is the fact that I argued with this terrorist have anything to do with me talking. Besides, I'm not the one pulling facts here, I acknowledge that americans know more about USA than I am. You should acknowledge that I know MUCH more about Israel than any of you.

TK, that was the stupidest post here. What topic? :D

Originally posted by ZBomber

Your brain is flawed.

what are you, in second grade? and tfighter does have a point. just read the first post. it is very fun to see how it moved so far away from the original topic.

EDIT- oh, and tfighter, thats not what i got from ur prev. post. which was like, ' I didnt know americans knew history' or something like that, I cant see what u posted b4 while editing. and I know only israels history from the Bible, so u probably do know more than me about that. btw ,congrats on ur wall.

what are you, in second grade? and tfighter does have a point. just read the first post. it is very fun to see how it moved so far away from the original topic.

Am I in the second grade? Why don't you use your awesome wisdom to figure that out?

EDIT- oh, and tfighter, thats not what i got from ur prev. post. which was like, ' I didnt know americans knew history' or something like that, I cant see what u posted b4 while editing. and I know only israels history from the Bible, so u probably do know more than me about that. btw ,congrats on ur wall.

What wall.

Yeah, the bible doesn't exactly tell about Israel's history in the last 200 years :p

got a link, for one.

I think each of the quotes I was speaking about is mentioned in the following bibliography. Your local library should be able to accomadate you.

I was pointing out the fallacy of believing that the United States was founded on "christian beliefs/principles" and I provided examples in history that demonstrate that it is, indeed, a fallacy.

References to my post above:

Barlow, John (1796). The U.S. Treaty with Tripoli. Annals of the Senate, June 7, 1797. signed by John Adams

Cappon, Lester J., ed. (1987) The Adams-Jefferson Letters: The Complete Correspondence. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press.

Miller, Hunter ed. (1931). "Treaties and other International Acts of the United States of America," Vol. 2, Documents 1-40: 1776-1818, Washington: United States Government Printing Office.

McCullough, David (2002). John Adams. New York: Simon & Schuster

Peterson, Merrill D (1984) "Thomas Jefferson Writings," The Library of America.

Remsburg, John E. (1906) Six Historic Americans: The Fathers And Saviors Of Our Republic. New York: The Truth Seeker Company.

Eventually America is going to stop being the best. Hopefully, it'll happen way after I'm dead, but it has to eventually. So what do you think will be our succesor? Name a specific country.

It'll probably be the European Union. If not the specific country of Germany. Their economy is stronger than its been in decades and their educational system is leaps and bounds beyond that of the American system. Indeed, health care is available to all German citizens and the jobless rate is as near to zero a country can attain.

Manufacturing and technology is also among the best in the world with German companies.

Yes, I'd say that if (when?) the United States makes its fall, Germany will be the world's successor as "most powerful nation."

Originally posted by SkinWalker

It'll probably be the European Union. If not the specific country of Germany. Their economy is stronger than its been in decades and their educational system is leaps and bounds beyond that of the American system. Indeed, health care is available to all German citizens and the jobless rate is as near to zero a country can attain.

Manufacturing and technology is also among the best in the world with German companies.

Yes, I'd say that if (when?) the United States makes its fall, Germany will be the world's successor as "most powerful nation."

The debate after that was about why USA is not only not the best, but also the worst.

Disclaimer: I had nothing to do with that debate

Originally posted by Mike Windu

Japan is one helluva nation in academics and business.

Ding ding ding. we have a winner. thats the answer. Do you know why? Because they will make us fall. He wont trip and fall, they will shoot us in the back and watch us fall. Ask for details

may I ask who "he" is?

orginally posted by yaebginn

He wont trip and fall, they will shoot us in the back and watch us fall. Ask for details

alright, I would like to hear where you're going with this. Please, educate us on Japan's "trap".

Let me guess, they're taking over our minds with anime, sony dvd players, and fuel efficient cars.

He is Japan. I tihnk I typoed. ok, heres the truth about Japan.

1. They are conducting secret research for new weapns and shield.

2. They make allies with another country. ( I dont know who)

3. They build a shield over there country (its a small country)

4. They attack us. But no with troops. First, they launch some sort of bomb, or use robots. Maybe a bit of both. Their allies infiltrate us on the ground.

5. America is gone, fallen to the Japanese.

PS, tfighter, dude, ya'll made this huge wall to keep the Palestinians out.

yes, the italians are invading with their food, the indians and chinese are overpopulating the earth and using up all the air, the australians are gonna use their kangaroos to make the ultimate soldier to conquer you all and the folks in greenland are building a cold machine that'll freeze the whole world...

He is Japan. I tihnk I typoed. ok, heres the truth about Japan.

1. They are conducting secret research for new weapns and shield.

2. They make allies with another country. ( I dont know who)

3. They build a shield over there country (its a small country)

4. They attack us. But no with troops. First, they launch some sort of bomb, or use robots. Maybe a bit of both. Their allies infiltrate us on the ground.

5. America is gone, fallen to the Japanese.

1. Everyone makes secret weapons and weapons research labs.

2. yeah... so they make allies (ZOMG! what an unspeakable act!)

3. they... build a .... shield !?!?

4. they.. use robots to drop bombs then infiltrate us? really, anything to prove this is their horrible master plan? or have you been watching too much sci-fi channel specials?

5. America has pretty much fallen, but not to the Japanese, but to George W. Bush.

Archived