Home

Bourne Supremacy

Curt-Man

i'm not sure if i'm allowed to do reviews ;) but i just saw borune supremacy today, it was really good, i enjoyed it, but if you have motion sickness, do not see it, during and fight scenes or high speed chase, the camera went all shaky and it was very hard to watch, other than that is was cool to watch.

Just got back from it, thought I'd post my EXPERT opinion review. :p

Firstly, we have a new director this time around, which is always scary, but you almost don't notice through the movie. The director did a fantastic job of creating the exact same feel and pacing from the first one. You feel like the first one just kept on rolling into this one.

The acting is top-notch in this one, as it was in the first.

Music is perfect. Accentuates the story without ever feeling intrusive.

Most of the action intensive scenes were filmed with the camera deliberately shaking uncontrollably. Some people I know said they hated it, but I thought it was a nice touch. It gave the scenes a more desperate and insane feeling. The final car chase towards the end was one of the best I've seen in awhile.

The only oddity I found was that the movie felt REALLY long, though it didn't quite come in at 2 hours, and I never felt like the pacing was too slow, nor was I ever bored. I just got the feeling that I'd been watching this movie for a REALLY long time...

Overall this movie gets two thumbs up for me, and if you liked Bourne Identity, see Bourne Supremacy.

It takes a while to get started, but it turns out pretty good.

The last line of the movie made me laugh. :D

BTW, the camera is not just shakey in the action sequences, it is during the entire thing.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

if you liked Bourne Identity, see Bourne Supremacy.

If you meant the book, it's like comparing apples to oranges. The bourne saga is one of my fav books...got helluvalot dissapointed

What's the damn point in taken the title of a book....if nothing is the same except a few names and locations. Nothing of the story, which is about bourne and this assassin called The Jackal

......Since we're talking about the MOVIE in this thread, I figured it was assumed that I was talking about the MOVIES. :dozey:

What he said....

And I didn't know there were "Bourne" books.

*googles and checks it out*

Well, I saw "The Bourne Supremecy" today. I was a big fan of the "The Bourne Identity", so I got exited when I first found out there would be a sequal. "The Bourne Identity" was an amazing film because it had the perfect concept. An "ex-CIA Assasin" wakes up with no knowledge of who, or what he is, but has only fragments that he pieces together, simultaneously while dodging his former employers who want him terminated. "The Bourne Identity" is the same way. Having successfully escaped his predacessors, he tries to live a normal life with his girlfriend, yet he struggles with his lost identity. Fragments of his past appear in re-occuring nightmares. When certain bad guys try to frame him for inter-government crimes, his name is back on the streets and the authority is out to get him again.

What the movie had in strength was the same thing that it had in the first film. You have an action hero who is as cool and suave as Steve McQueen in "Bullit", but also a character that you don't know wether to trust or fear, because he does not even know himself! This drives the story, and you basically spend two hours watching how Jason Bourne gets away from the bad guy. Jason Bourne is NOT James Bond. One minute he may be in an airport restroom, the next minute he is getting information by deception alone, without the use of high tech gadgets. Bourne is almost a modern day McGuyver, he can walk into a hotel, dial his target on a cell phone, walk up to the service desk, ask the attendant to make a call, and get the hotel room number off the caller ID while the person is still busy taking his wireless call. This is sheer brilliance. The story is flawless, but parts of the way this film was made was horrible.

The thing that bothered me, is that during 90% of the movie, the camera is shaking around like it was filmed completely with a hand held VHS. Sort of echoes to the worst movie in history, which I call "The Blair Witch Project". Seriously, many of the scenes, you don't know what to focus on, and when you finally do squint your eyes and figure out what is going on, you rapidly JUMP to the next scene. I personally feel the director REALLY over did this. It is obvious he wanted to make this film feel hectic and realistic, but the jerky camera thing makes for a very nausiating experiece. I feel this did NOT have to be done to convey the film's story. In the end, the story still wins, but the jerky camera movement leaves you sick and dizzy.

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

If you meant the book, it's like comparing apples to oranges. The bourne saga is one of my fav books...got helluvalot dissapointed

What's the damn point in taken the title of a book....if nothing is the same except a few names and locations. Nothing of the story, which is about bourne and this assassin called The Jackal

Heh, yeah bro...there was a Bourne Identity movie. I didn't even know there was a book. :confused:

Originally posted by obi-wan13

.....And I didn't know there were "Bourne" books.

c'mon, everyone knew that ! Especially the bit at the start of teh movie when it says "based on the novels by....." (IIRC)

where've you been obi, in a cave somewhere ! :p

mtfbwya

......Since we're talking about the MOVIE in this thread, I figured it was assumed that I was talking about the MOVIES. :dozey:

reason was good enough for me to put up another rant about how dissapointed i am in them using the "bournte title"

Especially the bit at the start of teh movie when it says "based on the novels by....." (IIRC)

"based on the bourne books" would be a big big fat lie

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

The thing that bothered me, is that during 90% of the movie, the camera is shaking around like it was filmed completely with a hand held VHS. Sort of echoes to the worst movie in history, which I call "The Blair Witch Project".

I enjoyed the use of the frenetic camera movements during the fight scenes and the car chases, because I felt it really added during those parts. But other parts should have utilized mounted cameras to negate the shake. That wasjust my opinion on it.

Well, I saw "The Bourne Supremecy" today. I was a big fan of the "The Bourne Identity", so I got exited when I first found out there would be a sequal. "The Bourne Identity" was an amazing film because it had the perfect concept. An "ex-CIA Assasin" wakes up with no knowledge of who, or what he is, but has only fragments that he pieces together, simultaneously while dodging his former employers who want him terminated. "The Bourne Identity" is the same way.

I think you meant the Bourne Supremacy Grooves :xp:

I haven't seen this movie yet, but I plan to have a movie catchup day soon, see all the movies I've missed lately.

.....which I call "The Blair Witch Project"....

My gf and I made a made a Blair-Witch-esque movie, it was quite terrifying, involving me(with the camera) chasing her around a hotel room, tryin to flick her on the rump with a wet towel....

you can download this at http://www.Astrosdeadlinkpage.com

mtfbwya

any of you fools who actually tries to go to that site is....a fool !

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

My gf and I made a made a Blair-Witch-esque movie, it was quite terrifying, involving me(with the camera) chasing her around a hotel room, tryin to flick her on the rump with a wet towel....

you can download this at http://www.Astrosdeadlinkpage.com

mtfbwya

any of you fools who actually tries to go to that site is....a fool !

:rofl:

I read the Bourne Identity, about to read Bourne Supremacy to count its pages for English. BI was an awesome book, though I haven't seen its accompanying movie. Though I expect highly from the Bourne Supremacy. :)

Oh- whoever thinks the Blair Witch Project pwns... is a fool! :xp:

p.s. The Bourne Series and other great espionage novels are written by Robert Ludlum.

Archived