Home

Abortion debate (older thread)

VanLingo

Originally posted by Spider AL

Cheers, every little helps. Could you pray for me to get washed up on a desert island inhabited by a purely female tribe of ex-swimwear models desperate for procreative activity, please?

PLEASE? :(

Why would I pray for sin ? No soul deserves hell .

God Bless and Pax Christi ,

Reelguy

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes Christ does specifically tell me these things ,He tells me them through His Church, they carry on His mission .They are the instrument through which he speaks to the people after leaving this world ,they are against abortion and gay marriage ,so I know He is because they interpret His message.
You're a huge... Grrr.... A HUGE.... Grrr...

/me counts to ten

A huge Reelguy. That's what you are.

That's the bloody trouble with you fundamentalists, you're killjoys.

I WANT MY DESERT ISLAND FULL OF WOMEN! WAAHHH!

Originally posted by reelguy227

Yes Christ does specifically tell me these things ,He tells me them through His Church, they carry on His mission .They are the instrument through which he speaks to the people after leaving this world ,they are against abortion and gay marriage ,so I know He is because they interpret His message.

why can't jesus just rise from the dead again and just come out and say already he wants you to bash a queers skull in, and bomb a clinic?

Surely you realize this argument is so foolish and unbelievable that we can never take you seriously if you keep saying such idiotic dribble that has NO rational to it at all.

How do you know this isn't the churches own agenda? Humans are fallable and have proven to be very incompetent. Tell me, does jesus also tell the bishops and what not to molest the choir boys?

Jesus tells the church nothing, this is just another parade of uncontrolled, and very unfounded bigotry, extending back to when christianity wanted to suppress all practices from other cultures and religions.

I'm going to kill a gay and not allow them to marry because some big invisible man told me to.

Sorry but that sounds like a lot of bull to me.

How about this, I came to you and said you can't marry a girl that is left handed because an invisible man told me it was against the rules? I'd sound crazy right? What if I had millions of people saying the same thing, and the president saying it? still crazy? nope.

[/tiresome rant]

Originally posted by reelguy227

sin to you, but in my beliefs it's a very celebrational event. See this is what we call free will and the ability to practice different beliefs, what YOU and your "people" want is for everyone to follow everything you do, and it be enforced by law, that is bull****, and UNAMERICAN. :cool:

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I can respect you being proud of your religion, but what you're proud of is the bastardizing of that beautiful ideal, and turning it into an exclusionary cult of hatred and bigotry towards those that are different, and taking it upon yourself to condemn those that don't do as you do.

you too. You spout about how you follow christs path but all you do is exclude those that don't share the same ideal as you.

Im not imposing anything on anyone ,I havent brought Gay Marriage(Ill change my signature ,only in the interest of charity towards others) or any other cultural issues except for abortion into play ,because Im trying to fight for the unborn ,thats all .

I dont go around trying to convert anyone In my daily life ,you dont know how deep I am in my faith or how much I love it . So stop accusing me of spouting my so called "religious bigotry " ,because other than this thread .

I havent said anything for a very long time to any of you guys ,I dont yell and I dont look down on any one of you ,Ive just been defending my viewpoint ,when on the other hand you guys use capitals and look down on me and the other Christians on this site ,so please in the interests of Charity ,stop accusing me of spouting my "religious bigotry ".When all I have done is defend my stance on abortion .

I havent yelled ,and I havent downplayed either ,I pray for you guys and try to be nice .So I called spider concieted once,look at all the things you and spider have downplayed and yelled at me about , I am truly trying to be a nice person to you guys and you ram my beliefs down my throat as a tool to use against me . Stop it please .All I can say is ,"May the Lord God Bless you and show His countenance upon you " ,Amen .

Our Father Who art in Heaven Hallowed be thy name ,thy kingdom come ,thy will be done ,on earth as it is in heaven ,give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil . Amen

Oh my Jesus ,forgive us our sins ,save us from the fires of hell ,lead all souls to heaven ,especially those in most need of Thy mercy . Amen

God Bless and Pax Christi ,

Reelguy

why can't jesus just rise from the dead again and just come out and say already he wants you to bash a queers skull in, and bomb a clinic?

[/tiresome rant]

First of all ,"hate the sin ,love the sinner " ,again ,you dont me or my life . I dont hate gays ,or want to bash their skulls in ,because thats something that Christ wouldnt do ,and the people who do the bombings to clinics dont represent the Church or Christians at all .

They need prayer, what they did was a sin and wasnt ok in any of us Christians eyes ,what they did was truly not Christlike . Ill debate tomorrow,Good night and God Bless ,Pax Christi .

Reelguy. :)

deleted ad hominem

Reel, you've spent the entire thread ignoring everything everyone's said to you, and quibbling over minutia and definitions (wrongly). What exactly do you expect? A round of applause? Yes, I look down on people who don't have the courage to think for themselves.

Why? Because once, I found that courage in myself, and escaped the bonds of indoctrination. Not Christianity per-se, but other, more insidious indoctrinations. My parents' politics. My teachers' opinions of literature. I applied my OWN sense of logic and reason to the world, and I saw what I see now.

It was a choice I made because I wished to seek the truth. You on the other hand, don't want to seek the truth. You're settling for second best. Yes, I look down on that. It's wilful ignorance, and therefore the only sin.

deleted

deleted

the truth is there are a few christians on this board that I have the upmost respect for and I fully support them in their beliefs. Infact I don't think I've ever had a confrontation with them on their beliefs ever because they are happy when they see others happy, and they would do nothing to make others unhappy. They follow gods word, but they follow the most important lesson of the bible. Which is to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. They follow that you should let others be happy with themselves. What they won't allow is others to infringe on others happiness.

and that's what I believe, you can do what makes you happy, as long as it doesn't infringe on someone elses ability to be happy.

and my question is who exactly is true in the christian faith? because lots of people say different things, many churches even celebrate these abortion bombings, claiming they are gods sword of vengeance and judgement striking down the sinners and casting them to the gates where they will be judged.

tell me this, what makes a true christian to you? And why should I believe you over others who tell me they're a true christian when they say different things from you? I wonder how can a supposedly god-breated religion have so many different opinions being voiced? how can there be so much inner conflict within this religion that's words are from an infallible person? Surely he's message couldn't be distorted because his mere word is unchangable.

See this is what we call free will and the ability to practice different beliefs, what YOU and your "people" want is for everyone to follow everything you do, and it be enforced by law, that is bull****, and UNAMERICAN. :cool:

*Lights a candle*

I have to agree with Reelguy in that he is not being overly attacking, yelling, looking down, or being overly conceited. He is, in fact, only defending his perspective the way he sees as best.

It would serve a discussion best to avoid ad hominem remarks/comments and attack the argument rather insult the arguer. Whilst I'm in agreement with much of your worldview with regard to religious matters, Spider Al, I have to admit that you do come off as a bit conceited. I realize that I'm bringing to mind kettles, pots, and hues of black (referring to myself, natch), but Reelguy has a point there.

I do, however, disagree with Reelguy's contention that the individuals who commit violence in the name of Christianity can be discounted so easily as "non-christians." They believe they are. That has to be considered as well as the fact that mainstream Christian leaders are directly to blame for their actions. I'm speaking of vocal figures like Pat Robertson.

Originally posted by SkinWalker

I do, however, disagree with Reelguy's contention that the individuals who commit violence in the name of Christianity can be discounted so easily as "non-christians." They believe they are. That has to be considered as well as the fact that mainstream Christian leaders are directly to blame for their actions. I'm speaking of vocal figures like Pat Robertson.

Indeed. belief brings reason to motive and reasoning for the act, they believe they are christians and they believe they are righting the worlds sinning wrongs.

I have heard many "fighting" words being spoken by these up in arms figure heads of the christian faith. And sometimes I wonder why are they even allowed to walk the streets freely? They're words have been often times created and incited violence. They should be held accountable for this.

Alright skin, I'll try to back off. I just grow weary of saying the same things over again and it not getting through, sometimes you gotta be drastic about things for it to get through. But very well. I'll back off.

I have to agree with Reelguy in that he is not being overly attacking, yelling, looking down, or being overly conceited. He is, in fact, only defending his perspective the way he sees as best.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that. Choosing to enter a debate, then persistently ignoring the very presence of the arguments of others, is definitely conceited. Overly, in fact. A behaviour common to religious fundamentalist types.

It would serve a discussion best to avoid ad hominem remarks/comments and attack the argument rather insult the arguer.
Well naturally, as a moderator you must decide what can and cannot be said during a discussion... but of all my remarks, I find the now non-existent "jehovaspank" remark one of the most amusing, and not specifically "against-the-man". It's going in the notebook for future use... My memoirs will be superb.

Spider Al, I have to admit that you do come off as a bit conceited.
Oh that's easy to clear up. I definitely have a high opinion of certain of my qualities, but justifiably so. I am not, for instance, taken in by religious nonsense. I think that's admirable in anyone. The other less-admirable qualities... I choose not to air in public. ;)

Apart from the desert-island fantasy. It just slipped out. :(

Apart from the desert-island fantasy. It just slipped out. :(

:lol:

It's ok mate. We're mostly male here. We understand :lol:

Believe it or not, I used to be a religious person. I was practicing Vietnamese Mahayana Buddhism. That was until I realized how close to indoctrination it is. It revolves around the cult of your parents, several cults of the spirits and other cults. Hey, the monks who are supposed to be examples of virtue smoke the cigarette. Yay.

I got sick of all the superstitious mumbo-jumbo and decided to go on my own way.

I still respect the people who practice a religion as long as they don't force it on others. I think that's the whole point of this whole argument you guys had. One forcing his views upon the populace.

First and foremost, reelguy, your sig can offend someone. To me, it sounds like a very subtle way to pass a hate message.

Now I do have a lot of catholic friends but none of them are so absorbed. They do go to church every sunday and follow its way but never sound fanatical.

Second, I must say Spider AL does sound conceited sometimes but the problem is who doesn't? Though it would be nice if you would avoid being conceited in a debate ;)

Finally, I know it can be frustrating not getting through someone. I remember a while back, I had a friend who was having a depression because of a female. You get the idea. After a while, I could not get through to him(6 months of depression for a girl, geeez). So all I wanted to do was smash his head with a 1 1/2 inch wide bamboo stick(just so you know, steel should be jealous of bamboo).

The whole point is to know when to fight and when to back away. Obviously, you'll never get through reelguy but that's ok. Maybe one day he will realize what he's in, maybe he'll impose his views on his kids maybe something else. Who knows?

So there you go, if you can't fight, don't. Leave it there or ignore it.

So all I wanted to do was smash his head with a 1 1/2 inch wide bamboo stick(just so you know, steel should be jealous of bamboo).
Once you've used wood, nothing's as good. I favour English oak myself. Peerless. ;)

Musashi had the right idea. Still, a good European sword is such a multipurpose item, it's hard to beat.

• 2 months later...

or realized he was wrong.

I beleive he realized he can't reason with closed minds. I thought it was sad when you guys attacked his beleifs and he never came back.

How do YOU know the baby don't have a soul?

I have an idea:

to compromise between abortion and gay marrage, we can take unwanted babies (instead of killing them) and donate them to gay parents who cant have any! we save lives AND make happieness!

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

It ain't so bad an idea. But you know, I guess they'll rather kill the babies then give them to those who worship satan :rolleyes:

1:I never said gays worshiped satan. if they did, then the fundies are right and the gays are wrong.

2: If the parents ddn't value their children anyway, what do they care?

It is a perfact idea!

-the original problem with gay marrage is the fact that it can't produce a child.

-the problem with abortion is it kills unborn childeren.

we will kill two birds with one stone if parents can get rid of their unwanted childerenwithout killing them and helping gay parents get children.

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

I beleive he realized he can't reason with closed minds. I thought it was sad when you guys attacked his beleifs and he never came back.

closed minds? pffft, hardly.

I attacked no beliefs, I attacked his reasonings, which happend to be his beliefs. Point is, don't use BELIEFS as reasoning in a debate.

Archived