Home

What's wrong with the forums?

I can't either. I get "you must wait 30 seconds before making another post" or something. I did make a post in one thread, but it seemed to put my post at the top.

Edit: The thread didn't get deleted, but got shoved way down the forum.

:confused:

Over in the swamp, what ever thread you post in, your post becomes the first one.

Recent post links take you to threads that the member did not even post in.

Also, threads in the swamp are not getting bumped to the top after posting.

Edit, it appears to be doing the same thing in all the forums except this one. :(

Originally posted by Thrik

Something seems to be majorly messed up with the time settings.

What causes the posting order to be all offset? I remember this happening last year, but I don't remember what caused it.

Edit- I think it happened shortly before we changed servers.

It looks like we made a 24 hours step back: the date was all wrong since months. There was a +- 24 hours advance on the real time but not anymore... :confused:

I tried to lock a thread earlier today before I noticed something was wrong with the forums and I think it disappeared entirely - at least I can't find it - :eek:

Originally posted by TK-8252

Also the Users Browsing this Forum thing is broken too. It keeps everyone in the list, even after they've left the forum. Look at the SWBF forum's list... it's huge!

Same thing at JK.net. Man, I wish I knew more about VBulletin. :/

Originally posted by Darth333

It looks like we made a 24 hours step back: the date was all wrong since months. There was a +- 24 hours advance on the real time but not anymore... :confused:

I tried to lock a thread earlier today before I noticed something was wrong with the forums and I think it disappeared entirely - at least I can't find it - :eek:

I had that problem earlier as well. I replied in a thread, saw that it went to the top of the thread, then when I deleted the post, it erased the whole thread. I feel REALLY stupid for that one. It was one of those "Us Vs The Nazi Mods" threads too, which doesn't help our appearance. :(

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Over in the swamp, what ever thread you post in, your post becomes the first one.

Since we went back in time (I would like this to happen at the office sometimes :rolleyes: ), I think that new posts simply get inserted in the thread according to the date that appears at the bottom of the post (at least at Holowan labs).

And we have this huge user list too...:confused:

Let's hope everything will be fixed soon.

*edit* at least we can post in this thread...:confused::p it's recent so dates are not mixed up... I think...

It looks like we made a 24 hours step back

I'm 99% sure that you've hit it on the head there. Somebody or something appears to have set the server clock (not the forum clock) back a while, which has confused vBulletin since it now has threads and data from "tomorrow" in the database.

Once 24 hours have passed from whenever the clock was set back, this should go away. Unfortunately, any threads you create until then will probably end up being thrown below "tomorrow's" threads, as well as all the other dodgy time paradox side-effects.

Oh my it happened to me too. I thought it was another kind of problem. Actually since i had important feedback to the user JediKenobi, i managed to creat a new account named Xavier2.

As soon mine normal account go back normal i'll delete it. Sorry moderators but i couldn't wait.:D

11 hours to go at Holowan: the critical date/time would be: 08-29-2004 10:07 PM (-5 GMT). Let's cross our fingers...

I am getting e-mails from some newly registered users. I think it is creating problems with recent accounts too (24-72 hours elapsed sinse registration).

Hmm, it possible that it's gone back a little more than 24 hours. The server time was pretty screwed up before, and I'm fairly certain that it wasn't a "clean" 24 hours out of sync, it was something crazy like one and a half days.

I've not really had the time to look at it all properly so I can't diagnose the exact situation, but it should just be a matter of time before things resolve themselves.

Our server's clock was about 2 days back. We corrected that problem. The result has been that posts made two days ago were listed as the 30th. Now this does mean that some post orders will be screwed up. But everything will be back to normal by Tuesday at the lastest. Sorry for the confusion.

The forums have been turned back on.

How come this Feedback forum isn't messed up as well? Is this forum running on some kind of safety back-up server?

This thread is the only one that has been active on this part of the forums since a couple of days and it has been started right after the clock was changed ;)

And don't worry for my post Thrik, it wasn't important at all I was just mentionning that we would have to wait until 08-30-2004 at 12:46 AM (*edit* -5 GMT) to have everything back at normal. There was something else but I don't remember :D

Look at the SWBF forum's list... it's huge!

No, that's just showing how obsessive they are over that game. Kidding.

Okay, so some more probs that may be related. Yesterday, I browsed the forums as usual. Today, I log on and find that, my username doesn't appear as the "last post by" thing on threads I've posted on, causing me to believe someone posted after me when they didn't and mine is still the last posted. Also, a lot of threads I'm subscribed to which have had replies since my last visit don't show up in my user profile. And finally, threads that appear to have new posts since my last visit (with the yellow letter symbol) actually don't.

Originally posted by Darth333 (or Thrik, we don't know)

it should just be a matter of time before things resolve themselves.

Matter of 'time', hmm, unintentional pun there?

And TK-8252, to clarify, whilst trying to post this message, I got "30 seconded" by the server, so this forum seems to be no different from the others when it comes to these problems.

we would have to wait until 08-30-2004 at 12:46 AM to have everything back at normal .

Is that GMT? (if so, that's 2 hours and 40 minutes after this edit?)

So roughly 7 hours. Well, I'll be asleep by then, so no worries. hopefully all will be alright tomorrow (odd problem cropped up, someone recently posted a post in a thread, but instead of showing up at the top or bottom, it ventured somewhere in the middle, weird considering there dioesn't seem to be much logic behind that fact that I was able to post perfectly well on the same thread a yesterday, or something)

Archived