Home

The PS2 demo thread

ZinC°hda

So Bobby, lets forget about gameplay and hear what you do. I want to see something ingame and say, wow Bobby made that. Also, what can we look forward to interms of what you've done such as a graphics effect that may impress us.

Right Well this one is EASY :)

Basically EVERY character in the game is mine. I built and textured them all. I love doing the characters, especially when you can cheat and put your own face on characters and stuff. on the XBOX version, if you check out the pilot then thats me :) the other lead is the Pilot on the PS2 version but he didn't want to be in the gay orange suit so I swapped him to the Vanguard on the Xbox and PC. its fun to play around with stuff like this. I always try and get my friends and family in the games I do too. They all know who they are. My Dad is the Imperial officer voice over too on the demo. but in the finished version they had to record more lines so they had to get someone else in to do it.

There are lots of cool things in the game that I did. As a lead I was in charge of the look and feel of some of the levels too so the demo is one of my babies and was probably one of the first levels I did.

But we had a Fantastic art team to work with and I miss them all to bits. If you haven't guessed I am no longer at Pandemic, but I it was GREAT.

The XBOX version is the one with all the bells and whistles. We added bump maps to alot of stuff, plus the water effects are so nice. There is just far to much cool stuff that we did for the game but hey, there aint much longer anyway, you will all be able to play the game pretty soon won't ya.

:band:

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'll go ahead and put in my questions for Bobby.

- The Dark Trooper is a droid... so why is it a human in Battlefront?

- Why did you guys decide to make the Pilot class a medic/support class? I mean, a deep-space pilot should not have the duties of a field medic.

- Why are the Wookiee bowcaster bolts green as seen in the Jedi Knight series, rather than red as seen in the movies? :)

- Will the things that have been taken out (Imperial Officer, Rebel disguise kit, etc.) be included with the game as bonus material for anyone who wants to mod it back in?

- How difficult would it be to change the model, weapons, items, etc. for the classes (i.e. replacing the Dark Trooper with an Imperial Officer)?

- How are Battle Droids being repaired, since, they can't pick up medpacs? I've heard that they are repaired via fusioncutter... is this still true?

- Ewoks don't know the difference between a God and a fussy golden protocol droid... so how are they going to fix droids with fusioncutters?

That's it for now. :)

Okay, I'll go ahead and put in my questions for Bobby.

- Why did you guys decide to make the Pilot class a medic/support class? I mean, a deep-space pilot should not have the duties of a field medic.

- Why are the Wookiee bowcaster bolts green as seen in the Jedi Knight series, rather than red as seen in the movies?

- Will the things that have been taken out (Imperial Officer, Rebel disguise kit, etc.) be included with the game as bonus material for anyone who wants to mod it back in?

- How difficult would it be to change the model, weapons, items, etc. for the classes (i.e. replacing the Dark Trooper with an Imperial Officer)?

That's it for now.

ANSWERS!!!

1. Whats to say the Dark trooper you are seeing in our game isn't a droid. Or it could be a new version. We actually concepted out this version basing it on all the variations that were in the other games and comics etc. So the one you are seeing here is none of the existing ones and is an all new variation.

2. Well in regard to the pilot as a medic. I guess this was down to the fact that we were limited on character classes that people wanted to see so we had to give someone the medic abilities and the pilot seemed to be the only one that was usable yet keep a balance with the other classes.

3. This is mainly due to the fact that is helps stop the confusion with the imperial blaster bolts.

4. Not sure about this one. Defianately not for the PS2 and XBOX but It could be a possibility on the PC. Although I wouldn't count on it.

5. This one will probably be impossible to do as all the leves were balanced to accomodate certain classes and character types so adding a class that isn't catered for in game play any more will not work. Although again don't quote me on this. This is more of a design and code issue so I might be TOTALLY wrong. Just wait and see.

Anyways, I am off now so I will catch up with you all again tomorrow. :)

Originally posted by jedijohn

yeah i know i meant "stuff like that" but i had already said that so i said crap

oh yeah and nice sig i told my family it and they thought is was funny too thanks yaebginn

thank you. It always does well to have an appreciated sig. It was either this one, or one thatd get me banned. I chose this one. :) yeah, crap is nowadays a synonym for stuff. But I take my goldeneye seriosuly. I loove goldeneye. Wanna play some right now, but I cant, cause some guy took the controllers.

a skeptic. I was skeptical at first, but then I realized, I dont care. The most he'll gain if he is lying is about a month of glory from online gamers, and the most we'll lose is being wrong at whats to come in a video game. Say he isnt really with Pandemic, k. Then what happens? Just dont trust what he says, dont read this threa. Deprive yourself of what may or may not be knowledge. Its no big loss either way. If he isnt really a dev, then we are all wrong except you, and I will admit that you were right. If he is really a dev, then nothing happens, except we know a little more about Battlefront. This knowledge wont really help us in the game, just make the wait a little easier.

Well, I don't post here often and all, but I gotta weigh in on Bobby. If he is a developer, then I am Anakin Skywalker. A dev would (hopefully) have more class and (if nothing else) political correctness, than to refer to something as "gay." He answers things that have been "answered" here for the last month, and could have been answered by playing the demo. Also, note some of his other typing......he uses "lol" and a few other "cool" trite sayings. I bet he's no older than 13!

That said, on topic, I am truly offended x-box isn't getting the demo in a magazine early. I would have loved to have gotten my hands on the game so soon.

I do agree that people do lie today, Heck I could be a succesful nerd, or a just a schmo (actually I'm neither- but you don't know do you?) But you asking meaning-less question on a thread that doesn't relate is pointless. How do you know the answers to the questions? I know you do, and so do I- but I'm no dev. Bobby could very well have read the same articles like me, you and many other people- or he can look them up. puuting doubt into every one of his words is wrong- It ruins it for the other people. booby may or may not be a lead artist, and you do have a right to your opinion- so stop doubting it on this thread and start a new one- letting the ones who don't want to hear your meaningless accusations alone, but giving the ones who do a different option.

Well if Bobby is a fake too bad.

I'll believe everything I've heard when I get my hands on the game. Untill then I'll play the PS2 demo, although it does get boring playing for 5 minutes and then having to reset and start again. Dunno why they done that :rolleyes:

same with you, "ghost of vader" -go start another thread or clan, just leave this one be. besides, I know ENGLISH teachers who use 'lingo' such as lol on IM. Bobby may not have read every thing said before- or maybe he's restating it for those who didn't read it. and, the word 'gay' is a whole lot shorter than homosexual, and queer is just a degrating.

Now let me ask you a question- Did you ever wanted to be belived when people doubted you?- How old do you think I am?- 32?

SO WHAT IF HE CLAIMS HE'S A DEV- GET OFF HIS BACK!

Originally posted by Wardog1368

Can someone tell me what this is http://www.swbattlefront.net/index.php?action=pic&image=screens/bf/0006.jpg

I think its an imperial pilot but not sure.

Yes, that is an Imperial TIE pilot.

Originally posted by TK-8252

You're right, Dark Troopers are droids, but there are three versions of the Dark Trooper. Version 1 looked kinda like a skeleton (like Terminator without skin), version 2 looked like a bigger and better stormtrooper, and version 3 is the biggest. Why you ask, because they can accomodate a human inside, but it can also work on its own.

Bobby said the Dark Troopers in BF are a new kind though. But humans can wear Dark Trooper v.3 armor.

Originally posted by Wardog1368

I was looking at the screenshot with the rebuplic gunship on some sandy place and in the background was the spider thingy what it's called or how many ppl it can hold I don't know. If u do plz tell me what weapons it has how many ppl it holds ect.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/dr...roid/index.html

Homing Spider Droid. It has a homing laser cannon and variable weapon mounts. I don't know how many people can ride in it. It is a droid, so really no one can drive it, but in Battlefront, I'd assume only one person.

Originally posted by godzilla123

Bobby,

Which version would you recommend for having the least amount of slowdown when numerous people and explosions are on screen? Ps2 or Xbox? I ask this because it has effectively ruined Socom 2 online due to horrible framerates when a lot of stuff is happening on screen.

thanks for your time!

I'll agree with you that SOCOM 2's HORRIBLE framerates have ruined that game.

What I'd wonder is have enough details been left out of the PS2 game to make it run as smoothly as the Xbox game? I don't care how pretty the game is, but framerate is VERY important to me.

If the framerate is bad on the PS2 final version you will be able to find my PS2 copy on http://www.ebay.com. :( I will then run out and get it for Xbox! :D

Originally posted by Bobby's Helmet

1. auto aim? Is is turned on/off in the create game screen?

2. Does Battlefront support clan features?

3. voice chat in lobbies? voice chat is pressing a button to talk (i.e Socom) on both ps2 and xbox?

Hello there, I aint the best person to ask these questions really these are more for the designers. but as far as I can remember.

1. I think its automatically on.

2. Not that I know of.

3. yes, There is voice chat.

No clan features? I hope there are clan features. That'd be a bit of a let down for me. I hope there is some way besides IMing people to meet up online. Even a friend's list of some sort would be fine.

Originally posted by ghost of vader

A dev would (hopefully) have more class and (if nothing else) political correctness, than to refer to something as "gay."

a dev is someone who developes video games. Classy, politcally correct people dont make video games. They goof off, play around, if anything, they are the least politically correct.

Archived