Home

The PS2 demo thread

ZinC°hda

Thanks, SITH_ShadowCat, it doesn't matter if you have the demo- I need an opinion too, the rest of these guys were throwing me into a pissed off depression.

but...here's another

1. how long does it take for the laser to frag someone, like, is it instant, or do you have to aim ahead of a moving target to hit him? get my drift? I'm bad with words

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he can answer my Q's I belive him. (esecially what the "explative" was the design team thinking when they had enemy troops appear on the radar? I mean come on! Tell me how this sniper thing will work! (for further Q detail look at my post that is 2 post away er my most ecent one.)

The radar works like so. You are able to see all players on the radar only if they are moving or shooting. There for if you are a sniper you only show up as a flash as you fire your rifle. This feature also allows you to see where the heat of the battle is ie:THE BATTLEFRONT

hope that makes you happy:fett:

I've read quite alot of previews of the game lately and I've noticed that in quite many the only thing they are concerned about the game is the lack of speed. I know this isn't supposed to be UT2004, but I would like the speed to be faster than in Battlefield games. Those who have played the demo what you think of the game speed in general?

Well you lot are so hard to please aren't you.

Well I don't really have to prove to any of you that I worked on Battlefront. so its up to you to decide really. All I can say is that I slogged my guts off for 18 months turning out the best game I have done in my VERY long career.

I am a huge Star Wars fan and even after all this time working 22 hour days to get this finished I still love it. The guys at Pandemic have probably worked out who I am now, as I know they all follow the threads. Hello chaps :)

I just thought it would be cool to chat to some of you fans out there and give you some inside info. Its quite funny actually reading your posts and you guys not believing I really worked on it.

So if you still don't believe me then thats your problem.

Oh and your radar question, War dog, has been answered a few times already. The radar problem was handled SO MANY times its untrue. One day we had it so that you could only see your teamates, another we had it so you could see all sides at all times but I think the last version that was shipped is that you only see your enemy if they fire, possibly if they move too. I can't remember now. To be honest it changed that many times I didn't really notice. I am sure one of the designers could post an answer for you. Like I said I was on the art team so I didn't really pay much attention to the game play. All I wanted to do was make it look nice. :)

1. how long does it take for the laser to frag someone, like, is it instant, or do you have to aim ahead of a moving target to hit him? get my drift? I'm bad with words

Don't worry about your words I am just as bad. LOL

But I get your drift.

The lasers travel, so if something is moving fast then yes its a good idea to aim ahead. especially if you have the rocket launcher.

The snipers can get instant death shots too. But you have to be precise and get a spot on head shot to do it.

Thanks for all the info, and yeah I understand why some devs don't like to reply to forums since then they cause this massive avalanche of questions ;) . Thanks for your time and it's atleast fun to hear that the other devs might be looking these forums aswell and are taking care of the fan base .......... now when's the PC demo coming :D:cool:

Bobby,

If i could take another moment of your time with a few questions.

1. auto aim? Is is turned on/off in the create game screen?

2. Does Battlefront support clan features?

3. voice chat in lobbies? voice chat is pressing a button to talk (i.e Socom) on both ps2 and xbox?

thanks for your time I really appreciate it.

1. auto aim? Is is turned on/off in the create game screen?

2. Does Battlefront support clan features?

3. voice chat in lobbies? voice chat is pressing a button to talk (i.e Socom) on both ps2 and xbox?

Hello there, I aint the best person to ask these questions really these are more for the designers. but as far as I can remember.

1. I think its automatically on.

2. Not that I know of.

3. yes, There is voice chat.

You are all so keen to get answers out of me aren't ya!!! Well I must say you are asking the LEAD ARTIST lots of questions that are aimed more for the designer. Sorry guys but I am not the best person to ask questions like this.

I didn't really have anything to do with the online side of things so I am pretty useless when it comes to these sort of questions.

All I can say is that there are usually LOTS of NPC's running around in the battles.

Regarding the rocket launchers, well I was pretty gutted with their effectiveness. To get a kill on a troop I always found that you had to get the character almost bang on target. there was very little blast radius at all. So its effectiveness against a huge amount of characters is questionable.

The Pilots have a mortar type launcher too and these are even less effective. They are the equivalent of a nerf gun. (hardly any damage at all.

Well Hey bobby its an honour to talk to one of the designers of swbattlefront.. so im talking for all the desperate people who wanna play this game, so i was wondering, like i asked before.. when does the Demo for the PC come out? :( i just can't wait for this game aah :D:ewok:

I don't think he has any information about that. The dev's said in an interview that they were still thinking about doing a demo, when the ps2 one was announced. Your best bet would be to look at all the PC gaming magazines and look for any announced BF demos if its not in there don't expect much...

Yep, sadly I don't have that kind of information. Thats all to do with the marketing team.

Also, they are still working on the PC version. I belive they are now into their final week before data lock. So I can bet there will be a demo coming out PRETTY damn soon.

Expect ALOT of major art changes too for the PC in the way of up rezzing textures and more detailed models.

i noticed someone earlier talk about controls they missed a few things (for ps2)

1. x = jump/boost you can also roll sideways with x and right,left

2. triangle = enter/exit vehicle

3. square = reload

4. circle = one tap croutch/two taps lie prone

the diectional buttons order the bots

up attack

down defend

left follow me

right at ease

NOTE when firing the rebel assault rifle or imperial machine guns there isnt recoil but if you continuesly hold fire(R1) without letting go it will eventualy slow its rate of fire and become less accurate.

to get around this poblem tap fire or shoot in shot bursts.

when crouched or lying down you still have decent mobility

you cannot move and shoot while lying down other operations ae normal.

concussion grenades(infantrys 2nd grenade) sticks to metal eg. at-st

when ordering bots only the bots within about 10m will respond

if the bots die they will o back to their own plans.

ewoks repair droids too

they also throw stones

2 hit kill with a speeder bike gun

you can order a bot 2 be your co-pilot in a 2 or more crew ship

you can also switch positions with them(R2)

recon droids dont instantly blow up if they hit something

in the demo wookie smuglas can drop off a health and ammo pack

however in the official site it states pilots as having this ability

i hope that cleared up some things

The wookiee is still the mechanic and medic? lol, ya'll keep jerking us around. these controls are alot like one of the games I'm currently playing for ps2, I'll have to play that some more for practice.

question, is there a button to hold to talk with your headset in this, or is it just, always active?

Archived