Home

Online Info

Vader523

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by headofdog

Dragnar good dig on the info regarding "Metagame." This will be a great feature. Imagine persistant-state civil war!

That would be awesome, but if you can do GC online, who would make the choices of where to invade and stuff? A vote maybe?

Edit: *looks up the thread and sees that there IS a metagame vote label and gets all giddy*

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

No kidding. But according to Vader 523:

He states that the Episode 3 planet is Kashyyyk.

I'm asking how can Kashyyyk be the Ep3 Planet when it is already on the official site.

the complete map list has been known for quite some time now...if its like that on LEC site, they made a mistake.

Originally posted by Vader523

Some more info: I think the online ability will connect to a gamespy server of some sort. Here are a few status labels:

"gamespy.status.GP_CHATTING"

"gamespy.status.GP_OFFLINE"

"gamespy.status.GP_ONLINE"

"gamespy.status.GP_PLAYING"

"gamespy.status.GP_STAGING"

Chat rooms possibly with text chat? Ill keep looking through the labels and see what else I find.

SW-BF.DE-Interview with Pandemic Studios

We have a Profile management system. These work in a couple ways. For one, a player can simply create a Profile and then use it for his/her single player games or for use online without any trouble. Then, if a player wants to take it further, after a Profile is created, the player can create a GameSpy ID and keep track of himself/herself online. The combination of the two will allow the player to post statistics online automatically. Those stats and a host of "global" stats will be found at the LucasArts Battlefront website! Players will be able to view their overall ranking and many other fun-to-know facts about themselves and others (i.e. favorite weapon, amount of time played, etc.).

Yay the forums are back up. What was the deal yesterday?

Anyway hey Vader523, does it specify in the config file anywhere about port numbers?

Since the devs have given us no info or detail on setting up a dedicated server it would be nice to at least know what port number to use so that I can tinker with setting up my dedicated server right away. I'm behind a few firewalls and need to know what port numbers to open up so I can at least get that part out of the way. I'm hoping there will be some info on setting up a dedicated server in the game's box or on the CD or something.

Great info so far vader, thx.

Regarding the heroes, they don't really make that much of a difference in the multiplayer game. Not many people have them in their game servers but for the few that did have them in, all that happens is they run around and kill the AI. I have not seen any of them take over a command post for the opposite team. They are impossible to kill with blasters but I haven't thrown a detorator or concussion grenabe at them yet - not sure what that will do! :D

Thanks for the info Red_Six! I really appreciate you taking the time from Battlefront (Which I am sure is hard!) to answer our questions! I am just wondering, if a person wants to make a dedicated server, you said they cant play in it. Is it possible to make one and be able to accually stay in it? Is lag an issue? What about the graphics, how are they? And finally, can auto-aim be activated online? Thanks again, just want to clear those up.

Archived