Home

Did George Lucas screw up ?

rut-wa jodar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think he screwed up on Ewan as Obi-wan. Heck, the first time I heard Ewan speak as Obi-wan I was impressed by the work he'd done in even trying to sound like Sir Alec Guiness (albeit a younger version). As for Hayden, I think it's a little early to tell. I'll wait to see how he performs when the Dark Side has consumed his character a bit more.

Kryllith

Originally posted by Druid Allanon

Nope, he didn't screw up. Ewan's a good actor, and looks like Obi-Wan except for the fact that he has a beard, which is normal for his age. Don't believe me, try imagining Ewan without the beard. Looks just like the young Obi-Wan. ;)

Eh? Don't need to try to imagine, as he was beardless throughout Phantom Menace. Then again, Sir Alec Guiness was bearded throughout the entire OT, so I'm trying to figure out the need to see Ewan beardless anyway. ;)

Kryllith

well qui-gon discovered anakin and then made obi-wan promise to train him, even though obi-wan knew anakin was dangerous.

i guess GL decided that if it was obi-wan that found anakin and trained him willingly, it would be too similar to obi-wan and luke in ANH.

Archived