Home

Did George Lucas screw up ?

rut-wa jodar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by rut-wa jodar

You`re missing the point, I said he`s "TRYING" to be like AG, that alone is an impossible task. I don`t recall Alec having any "wooden scenes" in the original trilogy, but Ewan had a few.

Maybe it was bad directing :confused:

Ewen has a much bigger part in the PT than Alec did in the OT and certainly a lot more action than Alec saw. Give the guy credit. It's one of the toughest roles to fill and there's no one better to play Obi-wan.

If you're so sure Ewen was a bad choice then who would you cast as Obi then?

Ewan fit the part very well in my estimation. only casting screwups I saw were for ani (not hayden whom i think does his job well and lives across the hall from some very cool people i know).

but i never expected a perfect cast for a young kid. i mean lets face it kids will NEVER be able to be convincing at that age.

Originally posted by Darth Talliusc

but i never expected a perfect cast for a young kid. i mean lets face it kids will NEVER be able to be convincing at that age.

Well, on the Phantom Menace DVD, of the 3 finalists Jake was the obvious choice, at least from the footage they showed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
George Lucas did screw up, but not in casting Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan. Best choicem IMO.

He did screw up in hiring Christensan. Thank Time he took some acting lessons before RotS. At least in that one he was semi-tolerable.

... Uh.. Hayden was already a rather well establish (and very talented) actor before Clones.

• 3 weeks later...

personally, dones suit, I feel samuel over acted and only truelly did an ok job about 10 minutes before he died in ep III.

All things considered, teh "whining" so commonly atributed to anakin was the vehicle to establish his passion. he lived on both fronts of anger and love...frustration and control. theres more, but, meh, really goes outside the scope of this thread....however, there were a few scenes I wanted to slap him, but there was no precident established with Anakin outside of Passion. both uncle owen, ben, and yoda acknowledged anakins propensity towards passion and it wasnt always emotional, either. for this, I believe hayden did a good job as I never really questioned as to the whys when he did things...they were understood and expected.

young anakin was just fine.

however, I think they should have gotten a better actor to play yoda. the one they hired wasnt believable as the yoda we know and love. I think it was a different one from ep I, too. the one in II and III was just to fluid and seemed like he was over acting. (har arh arh )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
did u see the other auditonees

wat website?

Roughly translated to...

Where did u see the other auditionees?

what website are they on?

I hate jake lloyd he was awful *and being young is no excuse* there are loads of good child actors out their these days why pick him? in a wierd way im kinda glad he got bullied about it.

Archived