Home

Lame, Complaining Newbs on the Board

DieStarWarsGeek

Seems to me all of a sudden there are a lot of new people on the board (<25 posts) that have shown up simply to badmouth the game. This, frankly, is lame.

"BFVietnam is better" "there's so much lag" "The graphics suck"

I don't know what game they're playing, because I think the game kicks ass. I don't know why they suddenly decide to log on here and knit-pick all the details about the game that really aren't that bad. It seems to me they wanted something new, and when they got their game it was just like all the other games they play and now they're mad about it. Of course it's like the BF games. Of course it doesn't have doom3 graphics. What were these people expecting?

Not to mention the fact that they're complaining after the first day. I mean, god forbid you wait for some patches to come out or the servers to get worked out.

The big deal is that it IS Star Wars. It's made for Star Wars fans. If that's not enough to keep you entertained, quietly return your copy and leave the rest of us to our enjoyment. Peace.

SWB: 9/10

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you already played the game? Because otherwise you aren't in the position to atack the opninions of others. I think the game will be great too, but that's no reason for me not to take the opnion of people who think otherwise, and already played the game, less serious.

BTW: why isn't this just posted as your opinion in the other thread?

damn n00bs...:p

Seriously, anyone who has frequented popular videogame related boards knows the population tends to see an increase which coincides with the release of a big game. It's to be expected. It's also to be expected that some will have strong opinions boasting about the game or some even complaining about the game. People are entitled either way, unless it's obvious trolling. Just my opinion. ;)

People who complain about the game are entitled to their opinion. I'm more irriated by those of you who take the bait and attack them. Let them dislike the game -- YOU can post about it once you get it and defend it. But until then, just let it rest.

I've played the PS2 demo, and I think it's great. I can see, however, how a PC gamer used to the huge maps and semi-realistic vehicle physics of the Battlefield series may not like it. I've logged 100's of hours in BF1942, and I can tell you that Star Wars BF -- at least on the Endor level -- is tailored for consoles, not PC's. Does it make it any less of an amazing online Star Wars experience? No way!

Look at it this way: SOCOM II is an amazing online PS2 game. But does it compare favorably to online PC shooters? Definitely not. If someone put out a PC version of SOCOM with better textures and upgraded character models, PC players would post about how much they hate it. It's the same for this.

But to sum up -- relax. I remember back when the original PC Baldur's Gate came out in 1998 - the BGChronicles.com forums were loaded with people complaining about it. I'd rather complain about how the nimrods at Gamestop haven't shipped the game to online preorders, yet. But that's neither here, nor there ...

i am guessing this guy is refering to me also.

i didnt join teh boards to bitch. i actually joined a while ago, and was impressed with the PS2, version and veru unimpressed with teh PC version.

i simply gave my views to try to help those who are undecided as to which version to buy.

i hope you can see that i have taken an obective view, and indeed i hope i was wrong in assuming you were refering to me.

but all i can say is, this, these days people rely to heavily on patches. inteh old days you bought a game, and if it was wrong you took it back, or it was recalled.

these days lazy developers let certain bugs through with the aim of patching within the firs couple months.

and the public defend them for it, when in reality its the public that shell out the money for an unfinished game, or badly ported game in this case. so instead of defending it, the public should be up in arms, grab your torch and pitch forks lol and demand a well polished product.

and also i can see perhaps your a little dispointed, the way the game was hyped up made everyone think there in for the greatest game since half life. so to see some reviews tat give your heart that sinking feeling, are all to be expected.

dont feel to bad, as a console game, it's definatly within the 8 out of 10 range. 85% or so. which still means its a good game.

LOL,

I waiting forever to get this game, and even got a day eairly, I was so dissappointed.

Then my post is deleted that I didn't like it! I am more of a fan of Star Wars then you will EVER be....Come check out my collection.......

This game is lame, so get over it. I can't wait till you get it!!

Originally posted by nolasurfr

LOL,

I waiting forever to get this game, and even got a day eairly, I was so dissappointed.

Then my post is deleted that I didn't like it! I am more of a fan of Star Wars then you will EVER be....Come check out my collection.......

Your ability to predict other peoples oppinions is truly amazing, no really

Originally posted by The_Preacher

and the public defend them for it, when in reality its the public that shell out the money for an unfinished game, or badly ported game in this case. so instead of defending it, the public should be up in arms, grab your torch and pitch forks lol and demand a well polished product.

starts making a banner ''down with lucas!'' :D

Originally posted by nolasurfr

LOL,

Umm, first of all having a bunch of toys dosn't make you a 'bigger fan' it makes you a 'bigger nerd' with more 'money to waste'.

Secondly even if you WERE a bigger fan, to the tune of being Lucas' personal slave, it wouldn't make you RIGHT.

Speaking from a VIDEO GAME fan's perspective, it takes the premise of the well intentioned, but mis-executed Battlefield series and makes the formula work. Take a huge battlefeild and shrink it down with just as many players and you get more hectic and chaotic gameplay that's fun and reminicent of the battles in the movies.

Great freaking game.

This guy calls people who aren't really that happy with the game so far "Newbs", too funny... Which by the way is the most overused term in online gaming... get some new lingo, dude.

If you don't have the game yet and haven't played it.. or even if you just got it and started to play it, aren't you considered a "newb" yourself? newbs gotta start somewhere, no? Maybe after an hour or two, ok... then you can move on from your "newb" status.. LOL!

Look, this is reality, kids... a new game comes out, people bitch and complain about what they don't like about the game. Big friggin deal, its life... there is not one single game out there today that every single person is going to like it 100%... people have different expectations, ideas, thoughts, etc.. some people just aren't patient enough to give the game some time. I for one, will buy the game and definitely give it a go...

What most people tend to forget is that these days, NO GAME ever comes 100% out of the box, ready to play and is polished... Prime example is BF42 and BFV. It took months and 6 patches later to get BF42 to where it is today and as for BFV, its still in the process of "development".

If you are willing to drop the cash for this game and are a patient person in terms of bug fixes, updates, etc... then you should have no problems. But if you are gonna get razzled by people's negative comments, then maybe you should start a non-public forum where all the comments are all nice and dandy. Get over the negative comments, man. The game will get better and cannot get any worse... that's my opinion.

Originally posted by DieStarWarsGeek

Seems to me all of a sudden there are a lot of new people on the board (<25 posts) that have shown up simply to badmouth the game. This, frankly, is lame.

I agree with him. I'm sick of these guys all of a sudden just hopping in her to just say what a crap game it is. The fact is they have it, and know most others don't, so they want the attention. Thanks for coming in here to piss on the game several of us are waiting for and don't have yet.

I will have the game by the end of the day and will be able to make my own judgements. My firends and clan mates have already told me what a kick ass game it is and I an very eager to play it.

Though if people think it's fun to come in here and piss on the game before it's even offically released so be it. I just think it's lame as well. Give the game a freakin week at least. There can't even be any good online games yet since hardly anyone has it until today.

Super lame!!!

Originally posted by The_Preacher

thats all wel and good, but Lucasarts track record for patching games 6 months after release is rather poor.

i hope they prove me wrong , but on past history they have been quite poor indeed.

i think Dark forces 2 had like 1 patch

HELLO!!!! Pandemic is the developer, not Lucas Arts, and they have already stated they have a whole team devoted to this game after launch to keep it updated and improve it. Freaking read a little out there before stating your crap about the game. Have a something to back your statements. You sound like you work at CBS....

The big deal is that it IS Star Wars. It's made for Star Wars fans. If that's not enough to keep you entertained, quietly return your copy and leave the rest of us to our enjoyment. Peace.

Well said and amen! I find the discourse on these boards to be much more palatable and considered than most others. And man, we've been waiting so long for this game...by all means everyone, enjoy it! There'll be time enough to voice complaints/suggestions for the next incarnation of the game, whether PC or console.

I'm sitting here at work like a kid waiting for Christmas. I went to EB Games last night just in case they decided to jump the date. They didn't. But I paid the game off in full so I'll have minimal delay after I pick it up and drive the 2.3 miles home to start playing. I'm even avoiding most topics here today because I want to see for myself. Will have more to say later.

Right now my big dilemma is this: do I let me 3-year-old see me blowin' up bad guys!?

Have fun, everybody!

The purpose of my thread was to say something about all the flaming going on by people who just signed on to the board to do that.

grep - By "newbs" I am referring simply to new people to this board, not just anyone who doesn't like it. Of course we are all newbs to this game.... "dude."

And also in case some of you didn't notice, I posted a rating, meaning I had played the game and had reason to defend it.

I felt a lot of what people were saying was illegitimate, and because there were multiple posts all going on about the same stuff, I made one to stand up against these lame claims.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to play the game some more :) Peace.

were was it hyped *advertised* as better than battlefield?

the only people who hyped it that much was the gamers themselves..

people were calling it a Bf clone for some time.. yeah ok, those were the folks who in for dissapointment.

i was just hoping it would be better than Halo, another console/pc FPS..nothing more, as i knew better than to listen to the online hype..

is it..oh yeah, am i happy oh yeah.

the only game that i knew that was waaaay over hyped as a battfield killer was joint operations..

my group is having a great time with this game online...

though we think the maps should be a bit bigger if its going to have any flyers in it..

Originally posted by DieStarWarsGeek

The purpose of my thread was to say something about all the flaming going on by people who just signed on to the board to do that.

So where else can they moan if not the almost official Forums for the game?

Thats what Forums are for no?

Talking and dissusing the main feature, whether it be good or bad.

Archived