Home

Yuuzhan Vong. What a crap is that?

Rends

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by InsaneSith

my only problem with NJO was the death of chewie and the whole vong characters thing. They just screamed borg to me. They were just stupid characters :x

for many millenia, the SWG has been protected or governed by force-wielders, since they seemed all-powerful, but who will protect you when the force-users are nearly useless??? that's what makes for a good story

you know he's a mod at the swamp too, right? :dozey:

swamp=veterans. Almost everyone knows what (not) to do there . A day without a lock here is rare :D

Well "force powers cant be used on them", does it work like the ysalamiri (they neutralise force effects in an environment) or only their body? Cause else you could just lift heavy objects and throw em or smash em with it....

Jedi got pwned by "normal" droids as well. There's no need for a new ARCH ENEMY that seems to be INDESTRUCTABLE

Chewie's death tore me up. I hated it.

But it did open up new avenues and possibilities for Han's character, and gave the whole series a darker feel.

EU is EU. Maybe some people like reading about the young Solo kids get out of scrapes at the Jedi Academy and have fun time with the other Junior Jedi Knights. Maybe you want to read about the repetitive and eventually banal New Republic politics. Maybe you want to read new, exciting, and surprising plot's involving a third Death-Star and the Death-Star's big LAZER gun. Hell, let's even throw in some Clones.

Read what you enjoy. If you enjoy reading recycled bull**** about all of our favorite characters, stay away from the NJO. If you want to read something different, try out the NJO.

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

At least the forums I moderate are actualy active. You'll do anything to get some action here :p

you know he's a mod at the swamp too, right? :dozey:

:)

Anyways, the real point here is that eventually EU will probably get over the whole NJO thing and maybe some good stories will come out again :D

Originally posted by Alegis

Well "force powers cant be used on them", does it work like the ysalamiri (they neutralise force effects in an environment) or only their body? Cause else you could just lift heavy objects and throw em or smash em with it....

Jedi got pwned by "normal" droids as well. There's no need for a new ARCH ENEMY that seems to be INDESTRUCTABLE

Just shows what little people know when they refuse to read on. The Vong may not be able to be affected by the force directly, but Jedi can use the Force to affect the surroundings. For example, Tahiri used the force to increase the pressure (or something, I forget) in the room she was in and almost managed to kill an entire room of Vong.

And the Yuuzhan Vong are far from

INDESTRUCTABLE

If you read on, they start to get their asses kicked. I especially liked it when the Lusankya showed up. That was awesome.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

Chewie's death tore me up. I hated it.

But it did open up new avenues and possibilities for Han's character, and gave the whole series a darker feel.

He he he. Chewies death was far too melodramatic for my liking, it almost made me giggle....ie. teh almighty chewie could only be killed by droppin a planet on him :p (I know theres more to it than that but y'know what I mean). But yes, it gave an *excellent opportunity* to explore Han's character, and highlight what a true wanker he is(IMHO) ! Leia 's whole damn planet got destroyed and she perservered. Han loses his furry buddy and he goes all kooky and off into the wilderness like damn Jim Morrison. LEIA ROXXORRZZ(especially slave Leia) :D

mtfbwya

Archived