Home

Yuuzhan Vong. What a crap is that?

Rends

Originally posted by Sivy

i read vector prime and i didn't like it one bit. now people tell me that the NJO gets better after that, which is probably true.

unfortunately I can’t get over how much I didn’t like VP... I just can’t read anymore books in the NJO series.

i've never been a fan of star trek and from what i read from VP, and from what people tell me, that's what the NJO has become.

which is fine if you like that sort of thing. i respect other people’s opinions. just because i think it crap doesn't mean it is crap, it just means I think its crap. tastes differ, it would be boring otherwise.

thats just crazy and lazy :p VP is all about introducing the characters, places and objects of the NJO. To judge the NJO based on VP is just damn silly ! Thats liek someone saying, "yeah I saw ANH, and I hated it, I never will watch the other movies just because ANH was crap" and we all know they'll be missing out on ESB(which we all love), ROTJ and AOTC.... There are some excellent books in the series. Evem ones that focus on single characters, liek Corran Horn, or the Solo twins. The NJO has a depth no other SW lit effort has ever managed to accomplish. The finale, the unifying force is just amazing............. Luke fighting with two sabers against the YV badass.....sounds boring ... ???

BTW Siv, I suggest you step aside and make ME the EU forum badass ! :D

mtfbwya

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Rends... I... I think I'm in love with you. :)

BAH ! Rends, see what you've done ! you've bought all the njo haters out of their little sordid burrows... ET, Siv, Prime, now even Rhett has been enticed from his barn.... :p

a man your age should know better :p

SW lit EU needed a new direction, so many stories had been done on :

*clones of emperor, thrawn, clones of stormtroopers !

*mastermind warlords ... Zsinj, Thrawn

*Superweapons.... Darksaber, unused DS prototype, galaxy gun, sun crusher

*SIGH*

even the search for a new generation of jedi had started with the 'Jedi Academy' trilogy.... I just cant see how people can say "ugh ! its not SW !" Of course the njo is not freakin movie type SW, which is what things like the thrawn trilogy is a re-hash of... inevitably, it has to come back to the characters, NJO offered exploration of many great characters, ranging from Mara and Jaina, to Jacen and Vergere, not to mention Nom Anor.....In addtion all the old faves(Luke, Han, Leia etc) got a good run too as far as some examination of their characterisations... I really look forward to the post NJO books, because they will owe alot to the work that was done by the NJO authors...

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Thats liek someone saying, "yeah I saw ANH, and I hated it, I never will watch the other movies just because ANH was crap" and we all know they'll be missing out on ESB(which we all love), ROTJ and AOTC....

exactly, someone can watch ANH and hate it and we can say, 'but try watching the others you might change your mind' but they wont because if they hated the first one so much, why would they want to watch anymore of them.

if you didn't like lethal weapon, then chances are you wont like lethal weapon 2, 3 and 4 either... even though by the time its got to 4 its a total different film, its gone from a dark action film to a Rom Com.

if you went into a Chinese takeaway and ordered something you hadn't tried before and it made you sick, you wouldn't order it again, even if its from a different restaurant.

i could think of more analogies if you want :D

oung pre pubescent japanese females

2 words: tenjou tenge

:p

I read more and more about it and disliked it more and more. And on the contrary anime pwns. And I don't think only anime lovers dislike NJO. It's true the remnants aint good enough for a story anymore, but you can also..stop it. Rebels won, fini!

Had someone told me all about Yuuzhan Vong i'd say "star trek" and be surprised when i was told its supposed to be star wars

oh yes....of course you do..... as njo hating and fans of images of young pre pubescent japanese females dressed as pussycats walk hand in hand in your and ETs brave new world.. :D

Young pre pubescent japanese females dressed as pussycats pwn NJO.

:D

hmm, seems to me like this thread brought out all the baddies...

NJO... well, NJO is well worth reading, i have to agree with some of you guys like Phreak and Shok, when you say the same plot would start to get old...

It seems like that is all star wars has been about since the time of TPM, i mean, all these uprisings and rotations of government and more uprisings and more rotations of government...

I was aching for something new... NJO brings that to us, it offers a new insight to what the SWG entails, rather than civil war, it is an intergalactic war. People unite more under one cause, that is what NJO seems to be, a galaxy(although split) who are all trying to save their ____(is that ok ET?)_____ against a common enemy...

I do have to say i enjoy the more "classic" time frame and early EU, but this is refreshing,

READ TRAITOR

yub yub, commander

Archived