Home

Yuuzhan Vong. What a crap is that?

Rends

Read the name Yuuzhan Vong a few times here or at other boards and then i had a look at EU.

After reading the short arcticle about them i thought hey who writes such a ****!

Are those storywriters so smallminded that they needed another Empire the new Republic have to deal with?

This Yuuzhan Vong crap doesn´t fit into StarWars but StarTrek or so.

Wasn´t the confusion after the DeathstarII blow up and the Death of the Emporor enough for many aftermatch stories?

Starwars have a nice Story from the beginning to the end (the movies) and don´t need such a bull**** like Yuuzhan Vong wich sounds they are coming from the Inka times.

Just my 2 cents

Rends

(sorry for some harsh words )

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually after the movies you still had alot of conflict between Imperial Rebel forces such as Thrawn, and daala. But you also had alot of other creatures after the Death of the Emperor coming out of no where, I think what alot of those writers are trying to do is keep the story going :)

Though i don't see them as real Star Wars, I still think they're a fairly good invention. I mean, how many conflicts could there still be bewteen the new republic and the Remnant? Those Remnant guys aren't stupid, and now that they're on the losing side, with no Emperor that will kill them if they even think of betraying him, more and more joined the ranks of the Nmew Republic and ultimatly, they would sign a peace treaty. That's only logical. So then they had to come up with a new enemy for the Republic to fight, and they came up with the Yuuzhan vong.

Originally posted by Rends

Read the name Yuuzhan Vong a few times here or at other boards and then i had a look at EU.

After reading the short arcticle about them i thought hey who writes such a ****!

Are those storywriters so smallminded that they needed another Empire the new Republic have to deal with?

This Yuuzhan Vong crap doesn´t fit into StarWars but StarTrek or so.

Wasn´t the confusion after the DeathstarII blow up and the Death of the Emporor enough for many aftermatch stories?

Starwars have a nice Story from the beginning to the end (the movies) and don´t need such a bull**** like Yuuzhan Vong wich sounds they are coming from the Inka times.

Just my 2 cents

Rends

(sorry for some harsh words )

wow, with grammar and spelling like that I'm suprised you managed to read a whle NJO novel.... which one did you read ??? Did you actually read one, or are you just one of those "I hate it because I've never read it but it's not star wars" people :p

whether ppl like the njo or not, its here to stay, its officially sanctioned, and it was a welcome progression from endless stories about clones, superweapons and grand admirals that are so good theyre sent to the nether regions of the galaxy during the empires most crucial conflict :p

*raspberries zahn*

NJO took a step the lit EU needed to take, to develop characterisations and story foundations for a stronger EU and many future books, with and without the YV :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

wow, with grammar and spelling like that I'm suprised you managed to read a whle NJO novel....

Be nice Astro :mad:

Just because he doesn't like NJO or the Yuuzhan Vong doesn't mean he never read the books. I don't like either of them and I've read half of the series.

So go back to your EU forum where you all can huddle over your precious NJO like Gollum and the one ring :xp:

:D

THE NJO SERIES PWN's JOO!!

Go Astrotoy7 and StarWarsPhreak! The Yuuzhan Vong were actually George Lucas's idea! Same with the NJO Series, and the introduction to Vector Prime that George Lucas considers real Star Wars.

Bow down to the Yuuzhan Vong! I read all 19 books!!

:fett:

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

wow, with grammar and spelling like that I'm suprised you managed to read a whle NJO novel....

mtfbwya

Astrotoy,

first i want to apologize that english isn´t my first language.

And no i didn´t read the novel but the short arcticle i found at Starwars.com about the crapy Vong story. Oh i´m glad that i never wasted my time to read the novel. I realy like the stories from the old republic even if i didn´t read much about it too .

But those stories sounds more familiar and fits better into StarWars then the vong. If it´s "official" then StarWars ends for me with before they showed up :-)

Rends

Originally posted by Chase Windu

Yuuzhan Vong and the entire NJO is one big heap of f***ing crap. The only people who like it are young people who don't know a flying f***ing crap about Star Wars.

Yes, I'm young and don't know a ****ing thing about Star Wars. Odds are, you're the ****ing young one here.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Don't blame the NJO makers on the Yuuzhan Vong. They wanted to use Sith, but GL would not allow it.

Originally posted by Chase Windu

Yuuzhan Vong and the entire NJO is one big heap of f***ing crap. The only people who like it are young people who don't know a flying f***ing crap about Star Wars.

NJO has torn down a lot of what's great about Star Wars and also a lot of other, way f***ing better, EU. If you're going to kill off a charater as f***ing big as Chewbacca don't do it in the first f***ing book of the f***ing series. Wait a while to get more people hooked before you drop the big f***ing bomb.

The reason that they had to kill Chewie in the first book, is because people were less likely to get hooked if they didn't. They actually wanted to kill Luke instead, but Lucas would not allow it. They did drop a bomb after people were hooked, it was that they

killed Anakin Solo

And I do know a (words emmitted to avoid ET's angry face) about Star Wars. I had been an avid fan, watched the movies countless times, read every novel from Truce at Bakura to Vision of the Future, played tons of PC games, etc. long before I had even heard of Vector Prime (or anything NJO for that matter).

btw, I like NJO, but still prefer Classic and New Republic eras.

Archived