primalunderdog

Why don't they use real guns?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Why don't they use real guns?

• Out of lead
    • Not smart enough
    • Other
    • I'am full of cap

Why don't they use real guns instead of those blaster rifles?A jedi could not block Buckshot.So why shoot red lines that move realy slow when you can shoot 7.62 at them so fast they would never be able to even akknowledge that it is about to go through them.I need to go in the starwars universe and bring my .22,I would be a jedi killer.Lasers they could block but a bullet why that fricken go right through there saber even if they blocked it.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really. Bullets are alot faster. Exept for teh high speed blasters which are useuelly the pistols. If a lightsaber can disintigrate a bullet, then why doesnt it disintigrate an arm instead of chopping it off? Bullets are stronger the flesh if the right force is applied.

Dude, dont you remember the Force? Its godly. If you can use the Force to throw around objects, then you can probably use it to deflect, or even turn back a bullet aimed at you. It doesnt matter how fast it is, Jedi can slow down time.

Gor like three seconds. And they really can't. That power was only featured in teh game star wars obi wan. The Jedi can not slow down time. They might be able to make things seem slower a tiny but but not long enoug hto deflect all the bullets. It's not slowing down time itt's usein force speed.

It does disentigrate(sp?) the arm, but only the part it touches. It can destroy a bullet, because it is actually made out of steel, or whatever they would use. I m pretty sure they cant destroy a blaster bolt because it is pure energy.

In games the tuskens use bullets and they can destroy them but not deflect them. They can deflect lasers but it doesn't matter. If they use enough bullets it would be impossible to deflect and bulets ARE more deadley then blasters. Bullets can get the heart will blasters can not.

If blasters arent more deadly, then why do they still kill people? Also, in BF, I've seen a Droideka unload on Mace Windu, but he blocked all of the shots. Luke Skywalker even deflected an AT-AT laser!! (course, these are games, but they help prove a point.)

I think the real point is that they are blasters, IE they are lazer guns IE their projectiles are actually traveling at the speed of light.

The movies must of course make it possible to see them so they make them look slower than they really are.

Blaster shots are MUCH faster than a normal projectile rifle.

Originally posted by Drax Kreiger

If blasters arent more deadly, then why do they still kill people? Also, in BF, I've seen a Droideka unload on Mace Windu, but he blocked all of the shots. Luke Skywalker even deflected an AT-AT laser!! (course, these are games, but they help prove a point.)

Well in battlefront the jedi are way over rated.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I think the real point is that they are blasters, IE they are lazer guns IE their projectiles are actually traveling at the speed of light.

The movies must of course make it possible to see them so they make them look slower than they really are.

Blaster shots are MUCH faster than a normal projectile rifle.

I agree with that. In the Equipment and Weapons Handbook, it said that the blaster bolt is actually invisible, but the color is from the bolt reacting with the atmosphere. Just a small bit of useless info.

Originally posted by LukeKatarn

then why doesnt it disintigrate an arm instead of chopping it off?

The part the the saber comes in contact is. Just because a saber touches your arm, it doessn;t mean you whole arm is gonna disintigrate...

The Jedi can not slow down time. They might be able to make things seem slower a tiny but but not long enoug hto deflect all the bullets.

The Jedi are using the force to make them faster, thus causing everything around them to seem slower, enabling them to deflect the bullets. Jedi can also use the Force to guide the saber to block the bullets.

Also, since bullets are projectiles and not energy, I think a Jedi would have a lot easier time just using the force to block the bullets than pure energy...

Also, this is science fiction/fantasy. Not real.

Archived