Home

ChAiNz.2da's W.I.P. ...w00t!...

ChAiNz.2da

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I can't wait to see what kind of bonuses you have in store...barring some kind of hideous Kreia in a dancers outfit easter egg...x_x
Hmmm, hadn't thought about that... muwahahaha :devsmoke:

Those look great, but I think the standard Master robes need a little something extra...
Currently I have the skins matching the regular robes color scheme to the tee.. I didn't want to deviate too much from the original style, since the other NPC's don't have anything special when they don them.. However, I'm always open to suggestions..

If you have some ideas (anybody) I'd love to hear them :)

and thanks for the feedback everyone :D The miner uniform is still being a pain in the arse, but I'll think of something to at least make it look like she has something "different" on underneath the robes.. it won't be spectacular however (that horrid blue is an eyesore on Kreia).. hehehe..

Working on some other specials that will be incorporated into the game, so it might take me yet another week if everyone is 'patient' enough ;)

The miner uniform is still being a pain in the arse, but I'll think of something to at least make it look like she has something "different" on underneath the robes.. it won't be spectacular however (that horrid blue is an eyesore on Kreia).. hehehe..

Could go one step further and redesign the miner uniform completely and change the colours around so not only do they look good on Kreia but also arent those ugly colours on the actual item.

Suggestion: Perhaps you can switch some models around. Like make the Kreia modle one big model so that the turtle neck on her robes match the the robe she is wearing. Or, just remove that yellow turtle neck/head wrap thing. ;)

I was actually thinking the same thing, but I don't want him to go back and have to fix every model now that it's so close to completion...>.>

Well, looking at the Dark Jedi robes, the colors seem to go Light Dark, Dark, Medium Dark, Light Dark (something like that). So maybe as you go the robes get darker and darker? Padawan is fine but Dark Jedi master should be really dark black.

As for the Jedi robes, I can't really think of anything to make them a little less plain. I just felt they were kind of dull. If you make the colors more pronounced maybe it'll look better.

I was actually thinking the same thing, but I don't want him to go back and have to fix every model now that it's so close to completion...>.>

Actually, it doesn't seem he has edited the head at all. The hood and body skins are seperate. She has a full head under that robe, ya know...

Perhaps you could also do a special version (later on of course *wink* ) that gives the master robes on Kreia the appearance of the reskins done by the wonderful svosh, which in my opinion are much better than the defaults...

Just an idea though, I could always do reskin for "personal use" ;)

I've been following this thread for a little while, and I must say that I'm really excited by the work you've done here Chains.2da. The screenshots you've posted make me believe that this mod will make a permanent home in my Override when it's done. It will also probably make me use Kreia more in my party

Suggestion: Perhaps you can switch some models around. Like make the Kreia modle one big model so that the turtle neck on her robes match the the robe she is wearing. Or, just remove that yellow turtle neck/head wrap thing. ;)
I had actually thought about doing this.. but then I got to thinking (uh oh.. watch out.. :xp: )...

Watching the movies, when the Jedi don/take off their (outer) robes, it's done relatively quick.. just like throwing on a bath robe.. Would Kreia actually take the time to change her headdress/collar as well?

Also, since usually when you get a robe, it's either off a corpse or in a container.. would "they" have conveniently put the headress counterpart (or wear one) with it?

I opted to just leave it be to give it at least a little bit of realism.. BUT, if everyone would like me to change it.. just say the word :D It wouldn't be too hard to do.. just time consuming. But since I'm adding a little bit more to this mod... It's going to take a little more time anyways.. hehehe

Perhaps you could also do a special version (later on of course *wink* ) that gives the master robes on Kreia the appearance of the reskins done by the wonderful svosh, which in my opinion are much better than the defaults...
Actually, I was thinking of doing an alternative mod using svösh's color schemes (bottom of post #156) for those that use his mod (like me ;) ), so this idea is at least on "the plate" :)

Well, looking at the Dark Jedi robes, the colors seem to go Light Dark, Dark, Medium Dark, Light Dark (something like that). So maybe as you go the robes get darker and darker? Padawan is fine but Dark Jedi master should be really dark black.

As for the Jedi robes, I can't really think of anything to make them a little less plain. I just felt they were kind of dull. If you make the colors more pronounced maybe it'll look better.

I thought the very same thing.. hehehe But when I went back to look at the skins and comparing them with the game's.. my colors match identically to their corresponding versions.. however, once again, I'll see what I can do to spice them up :D

---------------------

Thanks for the feedback, you've all posted some great ideas for me to ponder over. I'll see what I can do to make them happen :)

I'll echo what everyone else has said so far: It's looking good. :)

Watching the movies, when the Jedi don/take off their (outer) robes, it's done relatively quick.. just like throwing on a bath robe.. Would Kreia actually take the time to change her headdress/collar as well?

Also, since usually when you get a robe, it's either off a corpse or in a container.. would "they" have conveniently put the headress counterpart (or wear one) with it?

I'd leave the headdress alone, but make the high collar the same color and texture as the gown (or whatever it's called) she wears underneath the outer robe, since it looks like the collar is part of that gown.

But since that would require a new head texture for each robe variation I suppose that would be lots of work (in particular I suspect making it fit against the body texture without a visible seam would be a pain.)

If that's too much work perhaps you could add a fold or something to the body texture were the two textures meet to make it look like she's wearing another layer of clothing underneath that the collar belongs to.

I'd leave the headdress alone, but make the high collar the same color and texture as the gown (or whatever it's called) she wears underneath the outer robe, since it looks like the collar is part of that gown.

But since that would require a new head texture for each robe variation I suppose that would be lots of work (in particular I suspect making it fit against the body texture without a visible seam would be a pain.)

If that's too much work perhaps you could add a fold or something to the body texture were the two textures meet to make it look like she's wearing another layer or clothing underneath that the collar belongs to.

Superb idea!

I'll definitely look into this as it would satisfy both the requests and my own nit pickiness ;) hehehe..

Now, to find that magic area where the 2 skins meet.. :eek::D

Reskinning the heads won't be too much of a pain, at least this is one area where Kreia's Head+Body model will actually be convenient...hehehe

I won't have to mess with heads.2da or portraits.2da since I can duplicate/rename Kreia's head skin & define that skin with MDLops Renamer in the body model :emodanc: (I LOVE that function.. Thank You cchargin!)

Thanks stoffe!

Well I've re-skinned Kreia's head/coif/thingy (whatever it is.. hehehe) but now I'm getting some "mysterious" collar band that won't change color no matter which skin I try to locate this trouble area... sucks too because it looks pretty sweet with the matching "thingy" and shirt.. it just has this weird necklace-like collar that refuses to change color..

I'll have to go through and color grid her .tga skins to try and figure out where this banding is coming from (couldn't locate it anywhere in the model).. but thought I'd let everyone know some progress. I think it may actually be her left/right arm geos connecting since they "seem" to expand across her entire torso.. and since they have a new diffusion, this might be something I'll need to explore...

If this poses to be a delaying process (I've still got more things to do).. this idea may get trashed, or at least put aside for now.. :fist:

If you have 3dsmax, there is a very easy way to figure out which polys are the culprit. Import your model, add a Unwrap UVW modifier to your stack, then double click it to highlight (or expand and click on Select Faces). Click on Edit. You can use the uvmap editor to select the problem area(s), then hop back over to the viewport to see the areas on the model.

Hopefully that at least helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you don't have 3dsmax, you can PM (or IM) me and I'll see what I can do to help.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess you'd like some updates huh? ;)

1024x768 (Higher Quality)

800x600 (Manageable)

I'm still getting the collar banding, so instead of blowing a tube (I used up all of my curse words..hehehe) I instead tried to make it have a "layered" look.

So now Kreia's "coif/headress" matches her outer shirt, with the collar being something (use your imagination.. I'm tired of skinning her over and over :xp: )

With special thanks to oldflash, Kreia will now have an opportunity to "obtain" a Dark Shroud! So now the task is how to incorporate "getting it". It will not be constructable at a workbench because I have to somehow give you (the PC) a 'mini-quest' on how/why exactly Kreia happens to be able to attach a prosthesis to the Shroud rather than her own body...

I'm doing it this way because the model itself still has her off-hand "usable", this is the best way I can explain it in-game as to why she all of a sudden has an extra hand when wearing only this robe ;). I know I can disable the item slot, but she still 'physically' has a hand, so why not take advantage of it.. :lol:

Needless to say, expect some goodies I have my little mind working on at the moment. Hey, sidequests and new gameplay is what you want anyways right? hehehe... :devsmoke:

Anywhooo... just thought you'd like to see some pics and a progress report.

As always, Feedback is welcomed and appreciated :D

-----------------

@oldflash, If you'd rather not want me to use your original skin, please let me know and I'll re-skin a new one. I used yours though because frankly, it kicks ass! You will, of course get full credit for anything that I use :D

Looks cool!

I'm confused about the miner uniform though, Why does she need a robe for a miner's uniform?

It was part of the Mod Request ;) hehehe...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157561

I wanted to give Kreia a normal female body + her head.. but well, that didn't go so well :o

I got half of her head there.. but... the entire back half of her head is gone in the model...

so... she gets to wear the uniform under her robes :lol:

Archived