Home

beeeeeeeennn along time

Dark Sad Shadow

Originally posted by Dark Sad Shadow

hallo!! fellas!! its been a long time since I post here, woa this place looks almost totally dead!!! :D :D

I corrected your post for you. Thank me later. ;)

Most of what you were catching up on must be pretty old news by now. Posting has dropped off here a bit as of late... a couple of occasional posting flare-ups here and there... but nothing all that sustained for any real period of time.

Who's still around here anyway? I suspect Nute, Keyan, Jabba, Kylilin, Wildstar,and Ike are probably still around to read this, but I'm curious to see who else still lurks in the shadows?

Come! Show yourselves! ;)

But of course. :D

So am I,.. I start almost every day checking in here first, right after deleting all my e-mail that collected overnight. :rolleyes:

I've just never really been the thread-starting type, so I too often slink away after seeing no new activity here.

It's truly a sad and bleak day when the majority of my new post count comes from hanging around in The Swamp, trolling for the oh-so rare workable thread.

(And to any of you Swampies who just may stumble upon this post and possibly feel inclined to be offended... I say :p )

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone always forgets me...

Except for that time I dissapeared for 2 weeks and they sent out a search party...

It's true! Ask GUNNER. He practically spearheaded it, if I recall correctly, and ended up talking to someone I'd been in high school with.

You still alive?!??!

Huh... will mysteries never cease... ;)

BTW Nitrous, we've got SETI stuff to talk about.

I've switched to the new version under a new user name so no new units are going to the group anymore... I was wondering if you had done the same, since I didn't see any new points from you lately.

Seems to me the XWA SETI group is now officialy dead.

Perhaps we should found a new one under the new software?

Originally posted by edlib

I've switched to the new version under a new user name so no new units are going to the group anymore... I was wondering if you had done the same, since I didn't see any new points from you lately.

Seems to me the XWA SETI group is now officialy dead.

Perhaps we should found a new one under the new software?

i was thinking the same, but couldn't be bothered to switch fully to the new software yet, because i had and still have problems with it. my account was transferred to the new project, but somehow BOINC always says "no work from project, GO HOME ;", looky here, a log..

2004-12-13 09:03:18 [---] Insufficient work; requesting more
2004-12-13 09:03:18 [sETI@home] Requesting 17280 seconds of work
2004-12-13 09:03:18 [sETI@home] Sending request to scheduler: [url]http://setiboincdata.ssl.berkeley.edu/sah_cgi/cgi[/url]
2004-12-13 09:03:21 [sETI@home] Scheduler RPC to [url]http://setiboincdata.ssl.berkeley.edu/sah_cgi/cgi[/url] succeeded
2004-12-13 09:03:21 [sETI@home] Message from server: Not sending work - last RPC too recent: 114 sec
2004-12-13 09:03:21 [sETI@home] No work from project
2004-12-13 09:03:21 [sETI@home] Deferring communication with project for 10 minutes and 0 seconds

(interesting is this "Message from server: Not sending work - last RPC too recent: 114 sec", i can't remember having this message last time too.)

well, after having a whole week of deferred communication i decided to stay with the old software since it would at least deliver some results.

oh, the .. :~~~~

it started working while i was typing this. i'm soo not gonna delete it from my post, in case it mysteriously returns like nitro.

hhhhow-ever.. i'd be in on a new project, assumed i won't be deferred all the time, again.

ps: i think Rogue Nine and Thrawn are still working for the old project.

oh, and.. heya Nitro. *salutes*

Zoom was here a month ago, for err.. complete 22.975 yours and 4 posts, and he told me to tell you "saturn will meet eagle when the thong has arrived". no idea what that means, but we did not forget about you, not even those that are not here, that's for sure.

[EDIT]

i've just found that they transferred the "XWA SETI Team", but it seem's i am the only one in there. http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=33695

so, uuhhm.. join in?

OK... I clicked "Join Group" but I'm not really sure anything happened. :confused:

At least I know where to go now, so I should be able to get it to work eventually. Thanks Ray! :D

Actually, I think one of my old PCs is still crunching data on the old project, albeit very slowly, so I may still be represented in the old group for a while...

RE: Zoomie

I'm used to him being gone for a long time, then popping in briefly to spread chaos among the unenlightened, only to disappear again as unexpectedly, leaving only confusion in his wake... but his last visit was painfully short, even for him!

I can only figure that he happened to be just visiting someone with a reliable connection.

At least we know he's still alive and breathing... somewhere.

Zoom Rabbit: Missing; Presumed weird.

I decided that scientific progress goes BOINC a few months ago, but between World of Warcraft, NFSU2, Madden 2005, and HL2 when I'm awake, and processing video (for the freelance DVD authoring I do for local filmmakers who want DVD copies of their stuff but lack the know-how to get the finished project from their editing software onto burnable media) while I sleep, my CPU hasn't had a cycle to spare in a few months.

And if Zoom shows up and I've disappeared again, tell him I said "The future will be back when the Red October drinks fictional pulp, and the Pope is the new eleven. Cain is for Carlos, and Delta is for Cain."

Originally posted by Nitro

"Cain is for Carlos, and Delta is for Cain."

I just finished reading that book. I'm about halfway through Supremacy, and Ultimatum is on deck! :D

I can't believe how much the movies deviate from the stories, however... although I like them too!

Variations on a theme I guess.

I just finished Supremacy today... Started Ultimatum about an hour ago.

And you're so right about the movies and the books being totally different, but at the same time both enjoyable.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna read "The Bourne Legacy"... It's written by someone else, and unless someone tells me it really keeps the feel of the originals, I probably won't unless I'm at a lack for something to read.

If you ever do let me know how it is, cuz I was thinking the exact same thing.

It's rare thing when another author can step in and take over established characters and situations and do any justice to it. The list of failures in that regard are much longer than the succeses.

Bite your tongue! :mad:

;)

Like I said: I clicked "Join Group" and it confirmed that I was now a member, but the group roster showed no difference.

Perhaps I have to upload a finished unit for it to take effect?

I try again this weekend if it doesn't go through.

EDIT: Uh, now I'm there for some reason. Funny...

Well, so there's 2 of us.

Archived