Home

NEWS: Girls feed classmates poisoned cake

kipperthefrog

sounds like a prank to me. If you are trying to kill everyone why would you bother with the tabasco?

They are only kids. Kids don't fully understand the concept of consequences, i know i didn't. Just cos kids ACT more grown up these days doesn't mean that actually are.

I've never understoof the whole "try kids as adults when the crime is bad" concept. Either they are kids and don't get the consequences, or they aren't. The publicity and seriousness of the crime doesn't affect that.

Sounds to me like they just watched Heathers... :D

I think we should try kids as adults in ALL crimes.

Originally posted by toms

They are only kids. Kids don't fully understand the concept of consequences, i know i didn't. Just cos kids ACT more grown up these days doesn't mean that actually are.

when I was a kid I understood conequences! I never pulled pranks on people, purticulurly not with chemicals like bleach.You should never feed people bleach! Bleach is not for eating!Even when I was their age, it was just common sense to ME.

Even kids should know right and wrong. It would be a sad day for society if kids don't know right from wrong.

If kids don't know right from wrong, then parents are not teaching them and how will they learn right from wrong when they are adults? It should be up to the parents to teach kids right from wrong before they get in trouble with the law.

To put it simply, kids should know right from wrong just like adults should and therefore should always be tried like adults.

Originally posted by Leper Messiah

i disagree, i think for very serious crimes i think they should recieve the same sentances as adults but not for trivial ones.

this particular example however falls firmly in the catagory of "serious crime"

I think sentances to minor crimes should be sentanced to kids the same as adults!

example: a kid who does vandalism is a misdemeanor, and a kid should know better the same as an adult. Should he get let off easy just becuase of his age? "he's just fourteen, he didn't know any better..." BULL! parental guidence should have tought him it is wrong to vandalize!

Puting bleach in the icing is aginst common sense. Thoe girls should have known better.ANY crime big and small, people under 18 should know better! (I would understand if the person was 5 years old, but thats what the "keep out of reach of children" label is for.)

I'm too shocked to write any meaningfull reply to this, but that was very stupid, they deserve to be locked up for that, tabasco sauce would have been a prank but bleach? they must have known what they were doing.

I just feel sorry for the kids that were ill as a result, though it could have been uch worse.

Note to self, don't except cake.

Was the act stupid? Certainly. Was the act dangerous? I'm afraid so.

But was the act with bad intent? Nope. It was a prank made by a few silly teenage girls, nothing more.

Locking 13 year old girls into prison for pulling a prank could've happened in Iran.

But in the western world? Nah.

We're not that sick.

If that's a prank, it should go in Jack@$$.

As to the penalty, they shouldn't get off without any, but they shouldn't be tried as adults. Think of some kind of punishment that a kid would understand. The adult punishments are harsh; severe fines that would end up falling on the parents, not the kids, possible jail time? No, kids don't need that. Kicked out of school and held back a grade or two? Maybe this would get their attention better... at least maybe they'd stop messing with bleach!

Originally posted by Breton

But was the act with bad intent? Nope. It was a prank made by a few silly teenage girls, nothing more.

Locking 13 year old girls into prison for pulling a prank could've happened in Iran.

But in the western world? Nah.

We're not that sick.

So you think around here 13 year old girls should do whatever they want? There are places like juvunile hall to put them in, not just prison.

Originally posted by Breton

the whole purpose to a prank is to harm someone, be it mental or physical. Bad intent? yes, yes there was.

prank1 Audio pronunciation of "prank" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prngk)

n.

A mischievous trick or practical joke.

mis·chie·vous Audio pronunciation of "mischievous" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (msch-vs)

adj.

1. Causing mischief.

2. Playful in a naughty or teasing way.

3. Troublesome; irritating: a mischievous prank.

4. Causing harm, injury, or damage: mischievous rumors and falsehoods.

were they planning on killing anyone, no. Were they planning on hurting people, we can assume so considering the contents they put in the cake.

as for the dictionary thing, you can't take a word from the meaning, then the meaning of that word (the fourth meaning mind you) and apply it completely to the first one.

And they were 13. You know, some people are just ignorant. They don't know Bleach is a base.... it's a base right? THey don't know it's dangerous, they don't read the label... they are ignorant. They know it is icky, so they make an icky cake.

I think a fine is all that is in order.

so because they're ignorant they can be brushed off? Pardon me, but that only is just ignorant. They knew what they were doing was wrong, and bad. They know the dangers. It says in big letters on all bleach products (WARNING DO NOT INGEST!).

A fine is bs and will teach these girls nothing. Bleach can destroy a person internal organs beyond belief and cause death, this IS VERY serious. a fine is bull.

I put a paper clip in an outlet and a fire starts ( I didn't know it'd start a fire) people are seriously hurt and 1 person is dead, because I was ignorant to the fact a fire would start I should be let off lightly? That's just bull.

Ignorance is no excuse. None at all. I think the parents should face some sort of reprimand in addition to the children. I mean honestly, if the girls are putting bleach in cake the parents have PROBABLY screwed up somewhere. PArents have to be held accountable for the actions of their children when their children are still considered too young to be held accountable for their actions.

If I acted out of ignorence, I would get full punishment regardless. They don't care!

My mom told me the girls had aspergers syndrome. I say THAT is no exuse becuase I, too, have aspergers syndrome, and never in my life have I EVER put dangerous chemicals in food. to me it is just common sense.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

the excuse of aspergers syndrome hardly excuses them from what they did. The combination of ingredients and the thought put into planning this shows it wasn't some impulsive autistic style reaction, but a calculated plan designed to harm others.

INDEED:D

The parents must be using it as an exuse to get their precius children off. Daddy wants to save her child. Daddy uses every exuse and blame every thing possible to get them out of the hole...

I guess you get the picture now.

You do know that suggesting a fine - no matter how much the amount - will do absolutely nothing to affect the girls? I know from personal experience that fining a juvenile is pointless, because it is just dumped onto the parents, and the kid gets a slap on the wrist. If you think that a fine would suffice, you must not know much about crime and punishment.

Oh, and kicked out of school... a punishment? HAH! That's heaven for most kids! Why do you think some kids are happy and even try to get out-of-school suspension?

Originally posted by TK-8252

You do know that suggesting a fine - no matter how much the amount - will do absolutely nothing to affect the girls? I know from personal experience that fining a juvenile is pointless, because it is just dumped onto the parents, and the kid gets a slap on the wrist. If you think that a fine would suffice, you must not know much about crime and punishment.

Oh, and kicked out of school... a punishment? HAH! That's heaven for most kids! Why do you think some kids are happy and even try to get out-of-school suspension?

I hear you TK! I personally knew a friend who was happy to get suspension. (he did NO work in classes anyway, and he got nothing but ZEROS on his report card! he didn't care.)

Another thing, what does a KID care what his parents pay?

EDIT: Wanna hear somthing funny? When my dad was a kid back when they PADDLED kids, My dad knew two guys who were competing to get the most paddling! The teacher even decided he wanted to keep score by marking points on the wooden paddle! LOL:p

HAHAHA!! To anyone who thinks that these kids should get off light then I implore you to read this:

I was 13, had an artclass with a teacher I hated, and she was always being a bitch to me for no reason. I finished my assignment, and given that its ART class, I figure finishing up on a picture I was drawing would be okay. Not with Ms. BitchTeacher. She took it and threatened to write me up if I continued being disorderly:eyeraise: Anyway, I start mumbling to myself and all of a sudden the teacher tells me to leave. Whatever, I go. I mumble all the way out and some dickwad who's wanted to fight me since forever started saying 'Aw, he said he's gonna get a gun and shoot the teacher'. Eeeeyea...whatever. I go down to the office after that and BAM, theres a cop waiting for me. I was facing Conspiracy to Murder for mumbling - MUMBLING!! Nothing but 'rassafrassas' and 'hookaalookas' left my goddamned mouth. So if I can face charges like that for nothing, then these stupid girls need to goto jail, and not minimum security white collar resort prison, I'm talking federal pound me in the ass prison.

@Kain. Most federal prisons are the country club types. Every convict I've ever met has described federal prisons like they were fantasy islands. The fact that they're funded federally would be the reason for this, I'm guessing. Since the feds have all the money.

And for everyone who's mentioned juvenile detention centers instead of prison because prison would be too harsh. I don't know what juvenile detention centers are like in the states you live in, but here they're as bad, if not worse than prison here where I live. I'd say worse actually, because not only have all of the people there been found guilty of some crime, they're all kids. Unruly kids. There are two juvenile detention centers, one minimum security prison, one forensic center, one drug and alcohol treatment center, countless halfway houses and homes for the "mentally challenged" (or retarded people for those of us who aren't afraid to speak direct language) all within an hours drive from my house. Some within a mile (the prison, one juvenile center, the forensic center where I work, the alcohol and drug treatment center, and the various "homes").

And do you know which ones are always in the news for escapes, escape attempts, the staff being beaten, the other inmates being beaten and raped? That's right. The kids.

Archived