Home

KotOR 2: Six hours Deep

FiEND_138

Some quotes that caught my eye...

"Six hours in and one out of seven planets down and I have to say that I actually like KOTOR II better than the original. Heresy. Blasphemy. Call it what you will, but I played pretty much six straight hours, late into the night, forgoing Halo 2, because I am hooked."

"I won't spoil the good surprises, but I can promise that there are some quality twists early on."

"The original KOTOR the levels often felt like a "go here and do this, then go here and do that" affair, but the early goings of KOTOR II have a much more organic feeling. Your main goal is to get your ass back on the Ebon Hawk (yes, it's back) and get off the asteroid before the Sith arrive in full force. But getting this done requires a multitude of different tasks that are often stacked on top of one another. I kept running into additional problems that had to be solved just to get to the next step in my overall goal, which kept things more interesting than the standard A to B of most RPGs."

"Not every conversation is as diverse, but most at least have more response choices than I was expecting. It's crucial to have those extra choices, though, because there is a new party dynamic in play: Influence."

"In the original KOTOR, sometimes a bonus dialogue response would appear for having the persuasion skill or some other comparable attribute. This is much more prominent in KOTOR II and now applies for just about any interface. Skill levels may open new options when computer hacking and a high intelligence can provide deductive reasoning, and help you piece together information. This creates even more options that can lead to a better solution to a problem."

Man, this game sounds better and better all the time...

Will we be upset if the Hk is not 47? If he's as funny as 47, will it matter? I'd hate to replace him, but he is just a droid with comic relief... I want it to be 47... It's only right.

Dec. 6th sounds sooooo far away... It could be worse... I could have had to wait until feb. :p

Originally posted by UrchSr

Will we be upset if the Hk is not 47? If he's as funny as 47, will it matter? I'd hate to replace him, but he is just a droid with comic relief... I want it to be 47... It's only right.

Dec. 6th sounds sooooo far away... It could be worse... I could have had to wait until feb. :p

(paises my xbox)

Originally posted by Venom750

some good screenies and a good read if HK-50 is in your party that would be sweeeeeeeet:) :)

well i'm guessing but as hk-47 was revans droid its possible he wont be in tsl, but if he is it will be nothing more than as a cameo, but because people liked him and his dialogue so much they've put in a similar droid to be part of your party. I could be completely wrong however :D

Quiet everyone! Violence won't solve anything! Besides, the only reason American X-Boxers get it early is so they endure more expensive upgrades Microsoft will force on them, while the rest of the world, and us PC-ers, don't have to worry about it. Besides, we have the Holowan Modding Community, and they don't:p .

So many clues (or maybe so much blind hope! ;) ):

First of all, if you fully explored HK's dialogue, I seem to recall that the "company" that designed him wasn't big on droids; something like "I'm not familiar with their products". So they aren't a well-known company--how could there be another "HK" model? Probably reading too much into that, but hey. I've gotta do somethin' while waiting!

Second, look at the screenies:

a. From the first screen: "...it doesn't take commands very well." HK-47 Stubbornly refused to cooperate with Yuka Laka (or whatever the droid stores' owner was).

b. This image just screams "Assassination Droid". :D

It's GOTS to be HK-47! Or so I hope. :D

Originally posted by beel2112

So many clues (or maybe so much blind hope! ;) ):

First of all, if you fully explored HK's dialogue, I seem to recall that the "company" that designed him wasn't big on droids; something like "I'm not familiar with their products". So they aren't a well-known company--how could there be another "HK" model? Probably reading too much into that, but hey. I've gotta do somethin' while waiting!

Second, look at the screenies:

a. From the first screen: "...it doesn't take commands very well." HK-47 Stubbornly refused to cooperate with Yuka Laka (or whatever the droid stores' owner was).

b. This image just screams "Assassination Droid". :D

It's GOTS to be HK-47! Or so I hope. :D

only time will tell my friend only time will tell

Archived