Home

nazi florists?

El Sitherino

Originally posted by Datheus

I don't think they're Nazis. I think they're just insensitive, and thought it'd be funny. And that it is. They probably should have picked a different time of year, though.

Yeah, good point, I don't think any local nazis would have spent their time on planting flowers to get "revenge" on the jewish "conspiracy"

Actually, as an artist I can understand how that could've accidentally happened. The red flowers are supposed to make the shapes, and the white flowers are for the negative space (aka "white space".) If it had been the other way around, no way they would've missed that. But in this case I can understand them missing that...

Also, look how the 'halves' of the swastika don't match (it's actually not a swastika 'proper', because the two lines aren't actually interesecting), but the 'positive' (red) shapes all have the same relationships to each other.

That's what you get for not stepping back and looking at the big picture. Let this be a warning to you all :) (you artists anyway :D)

SIEG HYACINTHES !

Sithy, firstly, what are you doin browsin aussie newspaper sites. I told ya, you got NUTHIN on me :p

I am in no way defending any nazi tossers, but the swastika is a very ancient symbol, and adorns many old hindu temples in india.

If anyone hear has read 'The Great Gatsby' (written in the '30s IIRC), there is a jewish businessman whose company is called the 'swastika trading co.' or something thereabouts... so this symbol was around, and commonly used, before Hitler adopted it as the insignia of the Nazi party...

mtfbwya

Archived