Home

At the movies: Your guilty pleasures?

Darth Groovy

Talk about a movie you know is terrible, but for some reason you love it!

Juliste.jpg

When I used to go clubing in the early '90s I knew a guy that reminded me of these two guys, and even dressed like him. He used to drag me to all these clubs, and brag about how he was going to bag all these women, and he would just stand there and drink beers all night and talk about how he was going to do it. I never saw it happen....but he was just sure of it.

All the songs in this movie are from that SAME seen so it both makes me laugh, AND reminds me of that whole time in my life. That, and alot of the one liners in this movie crack me up.

"Did you grab my ass? Did you want too?" :lol:

um lemme see. These are the ones that immediately come to mind :

*The Phantom Menace. I enjoy the podrace and saber fight, the rest.... :(

*The Final Fantasy movie... storyline = ??? but awesome to look at.

*The Rat Race - with the all star comedy cast. That bit with the teh Nazi "Barbi Museum" and John Lovitz lookin liek Hitler at the WW2 vets rally was hlarious :p

*Anything with Pauly Shore

*Any Police Academy movie

*Any movie from the 70s featuring big hair, big mosutaches, flared pants and big collars

mtfbwya

The Gate

gate.jpg

This kid's tree house get's struck by lightning, workers clear away the debre, leaving a large hole in the back yard. Suddenly his buddy discovers that this hole is in fact the gateway to Hell. All sorts of funny things in this movie, even when they are not SUPPOSED to be funny. True 80's horror at it's worst/best! :D

Just....just watch it! You can get this movie for like $5 at Best Buy, it's a must have!

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

The Gate

gate.jpg

This kid's tree house get's struck by lightning, workers clear away the debre, leaving a large hole in the back yard. Suddenly his buddy discovers that this hole is in fact the gateway to Hell. All sorts of funny things in this movie, even when they are not SUPPOSED to be funny. True 80's horror at it's worst/best! :D

Just....just watch it! You can get this movie for like $5 at Best Buy, it's a must have!

HA! I remember those movies. I remember when in the sequal they captured a minion, and it granted wishes, but whatever they wished for would eventually turn to...well, feces. Funny stuff. And pure cheese.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

HA! I remember those movies. I remember when in the sequal they captured a minion, and it granted wishes, but whatever they wished for would eventually turn to...well, feces. Funny stuff. And pure cheese.

If you like THAT, you will LOVE this one:

B0000YTPN4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000YTPN4/ref=pd_pym_ka/103-7277880-3735027

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

Here's a movie that has a crap plot, crap acting, is directed by crap Bob friggin' Sagget, but for some reason I've watched to the point of memorizing. It's pretty funny.

B00000F08Q.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

OH ****! I LOVE THAT MOVIE! Norm McDonald is God.

Yeah it IS a crap plot, but so many jokes in that movie work, because of Norm McDonald!

My next guilty pleasure:

Well, it's no secret that I liked the Blade movies, and I never thought I would. I normaly HATE movies about vampires, but something about Wesley Snipes as this uber cool sword wielding John Shaft type character always seemed so cool to me.

Blade II was gory as all Hell, and was virtually overlooked by critics, but there is a sense of humor to these films that makes them work. Blade:Trinity was equally as fun. Not Oscar Material, but it is plane to see that Wesley Snipes has a definite love for the character he plays.

blade2.jpg

B0002Y2WXM.01-A2X3FMBNSRPS6U._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Archived