Home

Mav's WIP for TSL

Mav

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Keneth

I don't really like the saber textures (no offense meant, you did a great job, more than I could ever do I just like the ones in game better)

Well you can always use My Exile's Sabers instead... and add the sweet upgrades and such Maverick made to them... just an idea! ;)

but the Robes are avesome, any chance you'll be releasing them in a seperate pack?

Nope. :)

(then again I could always just install that part when you release the mod)

Well... actually you will have to install the whole mod because there will be scripts giving you the appropriate sabers and robe at a certain point... so if you only install part of the mod (Not Intended) it 'might' mess up your game...

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

Why... Thank You! :D

Oh and a bit offtopic, has anyone made bandon's robe for tsl yet, I could use those...

*RedHawke directs Keneth to the screenshots above!*

It doesn't get any more Darth Bandon than the Marauder Robe???

But if you mean, a robe 'called" Darth Bandon's Armored Robes, that might be in the works for this mod as well... you never know. ;)

@ Uchiha Itachi, this mod will definately be compatable with mine and quite a few other TSL mods as well! :D

i really like the whole idea. and i love the reskin of the robes. but (yea, there was supposed to be a bit _but_ lol ) i dont like the colors of the sabers as well. i´m too much into the movie feelin while playin it and that means a white core for the saber, no choice :D

Well, I guess it's nice to get replies, although it would've made my job easier if I got them a few days agao when I posted them, but I *think* that I posted somewhere, but it might have been a PM or something, but I think that I said that I was going to include the game's blade textures in the pack. So to those of you, whom I new would exist :rolleyes: prefer the game's hilt textures and/or blade textures, I will be including them in the pack as a side option for installation, i.e. a folder in the mod will be designated "Saber Game Textures" and I will put the game saber color textures renamed and the game hilt textures renamed, so just to clear up any confusion I was planning on doing this so don't worry if you would rather have the game textures they will be included for those who want them, the thing to remeber is I make mods for myself and them release them for you guys(and girls) to use so what I like comes first :p, so don't worry you can have my sabers without the custom textures. ;)

Just to answer a few direct questions now.

@ Ellderon

I think that in theory your idea to have the crossguards open and close with the sabers openig and closing is a neat idea, I don't think it is possibly, because even in KotOR 1 where we can create new saber models we can't create new animation and the opening and closing of the crossguards would be a new animation I believe.

@ Uchiha Itachi

As RedHawke said it is compatible with his mods and if you look at the post directly above RedHawke's "picture posts" I noted all of the compatibilities ;)

As for the Sith Lord color request, I'm too far into the mod to be able to do this without affecting the other sith sabers because they all use the same blade texture, and the Sith Assassin and Sith Lord sabers use the same model file to cut down on teh .mdl and .mdx files needed, but I'm curious as to what you mean by darker, do you mean the same colors, but a darker shade or different colors all together?

@ MattColejk

I see you couldn't resist to come back and check things out ;)

Originally posted by RedHawke

Well you can always use My Exile's Sabers instead... and add the sweet upgrades and such Maverick made to them... just an idea! ;)

I'm already using your sabers :)

Well... actually you will have to install the whole mod because there will be scripts giving you the appropriate sabers and robe at a certain point... so if you only install part of the mod (Not Intended) it 'might' mess up your game...

I'm a modder myself I can figure something out if you don't mind me messing around with the mod that is.

*RedHawke directs Keneth to the screenshots above!*

It doesn't get any more Darth Bandon than the Marauder Robe???

But if you mean, a robe 'called" Darth Bandon's Armored Robes, that might be in the works for this mod as well... you never know. ;)

I know about that robe but it's not released yet and I'm eagerly waiting for it to be. So hurry up you lazy bums will ya ;) (And no I don't really need robes called Bandon's Robes I just need one that looks like them)

... but I'm curious as to what you mean by darker, do you mean the same colors, but a darker shade or different colors all together?

I mean like the same colors but some darker...

I can't explain right lol...

I just think that the Sith Lord blades should be kinda in a dark way like they are supposed to be.

But it is very cool as it is and I can't wait to try those sabers and robes :)

I liked a lot the Marauder Robes too bad I don't like the Marauder class :p

The items will be given specifically to the character class or all the items will be given?

@ Kenneth

I have files that will let you be able to have the regular game saber textures, so you don't need to tinker with the mod, just relax and wait ;)

@ Uchiha Itachi

Okay I see what you mean with the color now, you just thought the Sith Lord saber should be darker, but I can't edit that right now because we are way too far into the development of the mod to go back and change all the files, normally I would just have to go back and edit the blade texture file, but in this case, in order to have less overall files the Sith Lord and Sith Assassin use the same model file so changing one would casue the other to change, so unfortunately its too late to change, had I been asked that a week ago or so when I posted the first screens I could have done it, but righ tnow it is too late, sorry.

As far as getting the items in-game, I believe we are planning it so that you recieve your class equipment when you get your prestige class, however I don't know if we are going to make all of the class items avaliable in one game, I do know however that as it is right now the robes are class restricted and the sabers are not.

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

The Sith Assassin robes look bulky and intimidating... more Sith Lord robish. Could you have the Sith Lord robes skin be the Sith Assassin robes and vice versa?

No...

The thicker robes denote the presence of padding/armor, this is because the Sith Assassin's go into combat more, hence they need more protection, hence the thicker flat black robes. Once unmasked from stealth the intimidating look of the Assassin in these robes also helps to demoralize an opponent. ;)

Sith Lords only need to look cool whilst frying you with lightning from a distance, so that is why they have the thinner robes... also note that the shiny parts would give away your position if you gave the Sith Lord robe to the stealthy Assassin... that is counter productive IMHO. :D

But, like with all mods, you can alter whatever you want on your end so edit to your taste when you download it, and change them around if you want. ;)

Hey RedHawke,

Are you going to do a recruit mod for TSL eventually? The Recruit Redhawke mod was one of my favorites for KOTOR I.

And the robes for this one look awsome so far...

I presonally can't stand most of the Jedi Armours... I think the Skirt at the back look kind of silly. Nice to have an AWSOME lookig alternative on the way.

Originally posted by wolfshadow

Hey RedHawke,

Are you going to do a recruit mod for TSL eventually? The Recruit Redhawke mod was one of my favorites for KOTOR I.

And the robes for this one look awsome so far...

I presonally can't stand most of the Jedi Armours... I think the Skirt at the back look kind of silly. Nice to have an AWSOME lookig alternative on the way.

The answer to this question is here TSL Mod: Exile's Item Pack now up at my site. 8th post down by Redhawke answering Starcat5.

Small Update Part III

Next up the Armored Life-Support Sith Robes (Male Only)

MaleSithVaderRobes.jpg

These robes are being integrated into our mod, using Darth_ToMeR's popular Darth Vader Texture, by his request. Read the item description for more information.

Next up the Armored White Jedi Robes (Male Only)

MaleJediWhiteRobes.jpg

This is simply the White Texture supplied with my Make Canderous a Dark Jedi Mod for when he wore the Revan The White robe I made. Read the item description for more information on the White Jedi.

I'm just posting these to further whet your appitites...

These pics will remain up until the mods release...

Archived