Home

Mav's WIP for TSL

Mav

Update

Well, for those who take interest in what I do... all 3 of you guys :D, I just have a small update for you guys and gals. Besides the hilt above, I just have one more hilt model idea I am working on and again unlike above, I wont keep you in the dark about this one. Here's the idea:

Since this will be my last saber model, it will be a corny one, not the model, but the idea behind the model, what I mean is I will be constructing Jedi W.M. Mav's lightsaber, I would like to have a quest planned for this and everything, but we will see about this later. For now I'm just going to work on the model, I'll have gmax screens up within the next few days.

Mav

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

You should take a break from sabers and try guns... :rolleyes::D

To be honest I wouldn't know where to start, gun models, helmet models whatever, I wouldn't know how to start...lol, all I know how to make are easy cylinders, not complex helmets and guns, perhaps if I find the time I could learn though. :)

Originally posted by maverick187

To be honest I wouldn't know where to start, gun models, helmet models whatever, I wouldn't know how to start...lol, all I know how to make are easy cylinders, not complex helmets and guns, perhaps if I find the time I could learn though. :)

Well helmets I can't help you, but guns are pretty similar to sabers IMO. I still start with an 8 sided N-gon and extrude that to a cylinder, the only major difference with a gun I can see is the grip, and that's not a hard thing to make either, it's just a large extrude, a backwards movement for the slant, another extrude and a small rotate. :) If that sounded weird I could explain it better, it's actually quite easy.

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

Well helmets I can't help you, but guns are pretty similar to sabers IMO. I still start with an 8 sided N-gon and extrude that to a cylinder, the only major difference with a gun I can see is the grip, and that's not a hard thing to make either, it's just a large extrude, a backwards movement for the slant, another extrude and a small rotate. :) If that sounded weird I could explain it better, it's actually quite easy.

I actually understood that, it probably sounds easier than it really is though, maybe I'll tinker with it later.

I actually understood that, it probably sounds easier than it really is though, maybe I'll tinker with it later.

cchargin put a really nice blaster tutorial in MDLOps. You can always follow that as your guide...

after the USM, sabers will be the farthest thing from my mind ;) hehehe...

So I'm probably going to be tinkering in other frontiers as well.... we'll help each other out of a pickle (and assault Mono with PM's while we're at it) :lol:

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

cchargin put a really nice blaster tutorial in MDLOps. You can always follow that as your guide...

after the USM, sabers will be the farthest thing from my mind ;) hehehe...

So I'm probably going to be tinkering in other frontiers as well.... we'll help each other out of a pickle (and assault Mono with PM's while we're at it) :lol:

Agreed, we should get Mono to start a UGM... (Ultimate Gun Mod)... lol, while we're at it

Agreed, we should get Mono to start a UGM... (Ultimate Gun Mod)... lol, while we're at it

Oh lord as if the thought of the USM wasn't scary enough. Mandalore with a wall of 200 different guns is just flashing across my field of vision.

Originally posted by Darkkender

Oh lord as if the thought of the USM wasn't scary enough. Mandalore with a wall of 200 different guns is just flashing across my field of vision.

Odd I was thinking somewhat along the same lines with the mandalore thing only I was thinking HK-47 with a bunch of weapons stored in a locker with the lable "Closet of meatbag busters".

Originally posted by Shadow Blaze

Odd I was thinking somewhat along the same lines with the mandalore thing only I was thinking HK-47 with a bunch of weapons stored in a locker with the lable "Closet of meatbag busters".

Sounds good but I think "HK's Weapons Locker --Meatbags Don't Touch on Penalty of being Kneecapped followed by being disected--" Has a better ring to it.:D

Be nice to see some new guns...

'Especially a couple of uber-guns.

Mebbe a Grenade launcher that can fire the grenades/rockets from the wrist launcher.

I'd like to see some different looking weapons too.

Be good to see what some of the experienced, (and for that matter, in-experienced) modders can come up with. We've seen some great stuff already for TSL....

Update

Well here it is, the first concept of my last hilt model, my last planned hilt model for the time being that is. Anyway I'll just show you a .jpg of the model and let you all decide whether it is good or not.

Mav's Model Concept 1 - 115kb

Okay hit me with the criticism :D,

Mav

Edit: In case anybody was wondering, that is not the skin, just gmax colors ;)

Mav If you ask for criticism one more time on one of those brilliant models I think I'm gonna bean you but good.:p

You really gotta give yourself more credit. I agree alos the skinning of that hilt is going to be amazing. Maybe you could do something similiar to Svosh's Atris saber. Clear outside detailed interior.

Originally posted by wolfshadow

Mebbe a Grenade launcher that can fire the grenades/rockets from the wrist launcher.

To be honest I'm not sure if that's possible, but maybe I'm wrong, that would be cool.

And Mav, that saber is looking good, perhaps I should try sabers... :D

And the grip isn't hard, I could send you a PM with pics and stuff on how I make grips.

As for a UGM, I wouldn't mind starting one of those if I had the time, but I wuold definitely need some assistance. So if you need a modellnig job, then :D

Archived