Home

Whereami Armband v.2.0.6 + coordinates extractor, object lister, door opener

Darth333

Originally posted by maverick187

Darth333 are you going to make a version that is compatible with your floating saber force power?

Just add the last line on the Whereami armbands spells.2da to the spells.2da of the floating LS Mod (The new line should be 285)...

Then, with a GFF Editor, just edit the d3_location.uti and adjust the attributes property number to 285 and save it. :D

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by maverick187

Darth333 are you going to make a version that is compatible with your floating saber force power?

I thought of making one but since this is a utility armband I thought it was not necessary: when I create a new mod, I always send all the stuff I have in my override folder into another folder and I work only with what I need. You don't need to edit any script to make it compatible. Just look at the readme:

If you want to make it compatible with other mods using the spells.2da files, just copy line 282 of spells.2da and paste it to a new row. Then open d3_location.uti and go to:

PropertiesList ->Subtype and enter the new row number.

However, If people want a compatible version, I can make one tomorrow :)

New update!

==============================================

thanks to tk102, you now have the possibility to output the "whereami" coordinates printed in your "Message logs" with the Armband to a .txt file :)

Download: check the fist post.

and Darkkender: will do along a couple extras but not tonight, it's 2 am

Only spoken dialog appears in that window. The SendMessageToPC function generates Feedback. It's a nice easy-to-use function.

In theory it would be possible to also call a dialog with a single Entry and pass the location parameters as custom tokens or some such thing. But you would also have to spawn an invisible placeable which would then "speak" to you the location parameters. Then you'd call DestroyObject on the placeable when done.

So, it was just easier the other way. :p

Originally posted by tk102

But you would also have to spawn an invisible placeable which would then "speak" to you the location parameters. Then you'd call DestroyObject on the placeable when done.

Ok, you lost me. :o

My modding skills are somewhat lacking, but... as far as I could tell, the mod already calls a one line dialog (to start a script) and it says .. "Printing" or something. Why do you need extra placeable? Token will work nicely.

I also think it fits better in the feeback screen than the dialogue screen but that's just me.

Why not both? ;)

Originally posted by Xcom

Ok, you lost me. :o

My modding skills are somewhat lacking, but... as far as I could tell, the mod already calls a one line dialog (to start a script) and it says .. "Printing" or something. Why do you need extra placeable? Token will work nicely.

Why not both? ;)

The dialog that pops saying printing is a predefined dialog within the script itself much like a print screen option in most word processors. The placeable is needed in order to actually host and load the actual dialogue that would display on the screen.

Originally posted by GotGoose?

Hey, I have a question.

How do you enable an item to be "used" and execute a script.

If I knew how to do that, I could call up the workbench from an armband.

Since .uti files do not have a script field, you have to use spells.2da and initiate a conversation with the PC that fires when the armband is used.

Originally posted by StormTrooper789

Is there any way that an armband that is just able to get orientation to be made for KOTOR I? The 'whereami' cheat on KOTOR I only gives you XYZ. :(

Sure, will do :) but wouldn't you prefer to get all the coordinates so that you can extract them and then simply paste them into the .git file?

BTW I uploaded a new version of the armband that gives the name of the module, as per Darkkender's request.

Originally posted by Darth333

Since .uti files do not have a script field, you have to use spells.2da and initiate a conversation with the PC that fires when the armband is used.

Sure, will do :) but wouldn't you prefer to get all the coordinates so that you can extract them and then simply paste them into the .git file?

BTW I uploaded a new version of the armband that gives the name of the module, as per Darkkender's request.

Yes, yes I would. :)

I dont have TSL yet so I'm just playing with KOTOR I.

Originally posted by Darth333

:emodanc: :emodanc: :emodanc:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank You.

[Plant's Big Kiss on Darth333's Cheek]MMMMWWWAHH[/Plant's Big Kiss on Darth333's Cheek] then runs off to DL the update.

Hey, quick question/request.

I am trying to use the armband on the HK factory level, well the save only allows HK and no one else, I can summon the armband fine but it will not allow me to equip it on him. Is there anyway you can edit it so HK can use it please? There are only two exits on that level, one to the main HK factory and the other back up to the Telos base.

Thanks.

Originally posted by damacles

Hey, quick question/request.

I am trying to use the armband on the HK factory level, well the save only allows HK and no one else, I can summon the armband fine but it will not allow me to equip it on him. Is there anyway you can edit it so HK can use it please? There are only two exits on that level, one to the main HK factory and the other back up to the Telos base.

Thanks.

Nn PC...you could simply warp there with your main PC :D On xbox, easiest way would be to use a droid shield instead of an armband. That takes a few minutes to do. Unfortunately, I don't have my game with me right now and I'll be away from the boards until Thursday due to a business trip.

• 2 weeks later...

can someone tell me how use the coordinates obtained in the warp cheat code. I encountered a glitch and i need to get past a locked door. so i figure i can guestimate the cooridinates i want. i just need to know how to type it. pleez help i dont want to restart the game!

Originally posted by micah

can someone tell me how use the coordinates obtained in the warp cheat code. I encountered a glitch and i need to get past a locked door. so i figure i can guestimate the cooridinates i want. i just need to know how to type it. pleez help i dont want to restart the game!

since you obviously already have the whereami band, get this little patch for it:

d3_location_opendoor.zip

replace d3_location.ncs with the file in the zip. Now, go to the door (close) and use the band. It should open.

(hope Darth333 doesn't mind :) )

Originally posted by micah

check your PM's for my PMed reply to the same question. It should be very helpful.

Archived