Home

Whereami Armband v.2.0.6 + coordinates extractor, object lister, door opener

Darth333

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I have a problem with the armband. I have the latest version and all of that but the bearing is off. When I set the bearing of a placeable like a computer according to the armband, when in game the placeable is always 90 degrees to the right of where my character was facing.

Any idea on what i might be doing wrong?

-Gsccc

I have a problem with the armband. I have the latest version and all of that but the bearing is off. When I set the bearing of a placeable like a computer according to the armband, when in game the placeable is always 90 degrees to the right of where my character was facing.

Any idea on what i might be doing wrong?

It seems like the output from the whereami armband doesn't match up for all areas/modules for some reason. I had the same problem when I converted the Nar Shaddaa vents into an arena module.

In that particular case at least, this formula seemed to produce the desired Bearing results:

Bearing = (Angle - 90.0) * (PI / 180.0)

...where Bearing is the value put in the placeable entry in the GIT file, and Angle is the corresponding 0-360 degree value (as used by the NWScript GetFacing/SetFacing functions).

I won't guarantee it works in your case, but it might be worth a try. :)

It seems like the output from the whereami armband doesn't match up for all areas/modules for some reason. I had the same problem when I converted the Nar Shaddaa vents into an arena module.

In that particular case at least, this formula seemed to produce the desired Bearing results:

Bearing = (Angle - 90.0) * (PI / 180.0)

Well its not that much of a problem, all i really have to do is pick the spot I want, and then face my character 90 degrees to the left of where i want the object facing.

Does the armband give the correct bearing for some areas/modules? If not, the script could easily be fixed as stoffe -mkb- suggested.

It doesn't seem to occur in every module...

I used the armband without any problems for the Trayus core and in the Dxun jungle module but I remember having a similar issue with the area editor included in Kotor tool in the Telos academy module.

I'll try to look into this.

Edit: what module are you working on Gsccc?

• 4 months later...

Sorry for bumping this, but I'm having a problem. I installed the whereami-armband as you once told me, by editing the spells.2da file with KotOR tool. Well, i have TSL Hak Pad mod installed, and now when I try to launch the Hak Pad, it uses Whereami armband instead. So I want to uninstall the whereami armband. How do I do this, because i have edited the spells.2da (Added the armbands row to it, as you told me to do here.)

So, how do I uninstall it? Please, someone help. :)

Did you install the Hak Pad after the Wherami Armband? Or did you overwrite your existing spells.2da with the Wherami Armband's?

The Hak Pad should've just appended the spells.2da so that this kind of problem didn't happen..

However, rather than uninstall, it might be easier for you to go into the Hak Pad .uti file and change the "activate spell" to the proper line listed in the spells.2da.. (this option won't be available however if you overwrote the spells.2da)

Umm.. It's like three months when i installed the Whereami band, and i can use the hak pad from the Defender's wrist consoles "Integrated MODs" option. (God bless you, Defender :))

Anyways, I think i installed the Whereami band later. Not sure, but that's what I think. And yes, i did NOT overwrite the spells.2da. I edited it with KotOR tool as Darth333 told me. Well, I try what you told. (And I downloaded the fix from Hak Pad topic, but it didn't fix it.)

And Chainz, what actually IS the proper line? :o

And how do I edit the .uti file :o. Yeah, I'm starter..

(And I downloaded the fix from Hak Pad topic, but it didn't fix it.)

And Chainz, what actually IS the proper line? :o

yah, the fix for the Hak Pad will only work if both the mods are working. It's not an "install" type of fix..

The Hak Pad doesn't have a proper line.. that's the point of the Patcher. The line is dynamic (changing) depending at what point it was installed and whatever mods were installed prior to the Hak Pad install.

But from the sounds of your problem.. the Wherami Armband edit was using the same line value as the Hak Pad was. Since your edit "may" have overwrote the Hak Pad's line (or replaced it rather).. you'll need to check your spells.2da.

If there is no listing for Hak Pad.. then re-install my mod (delete the hak_pad.uti before re-install)...

If there is an entry for Hak Pad.. make sure it's not using the same line number value of the Wherami Armband.. if it is.. change the Hak Pad to a higher number, then re-edit the hak_pad.uti's properties to "activate" the new line number you gave Hak Pad :)

Thanks, ChAiNz, there really wasn't line of Hak Pad. But I have the Booster pack 2 installed too, so what do I do then? Just as you told but install the booster pack too? (Of course normal hak pad first..)

EDIT: Oh, I think I got it. I try now :).

RE-EDIT:

Thank you EVER so much ChAiNz! It works fine now :). I did what you said. (Deleted the hak_pad.uti and then re-installed the mod, and the booster pack, just in case, and after that deleted my old Hak Pad with Tk's KSE and then cheated a new one.)

Thank you ever so much for help.

Thank you EVER so much ChAiNz! It works fine now :). I did what you said. (Deleted the hak_pad.uti and then re-installed the mod, and the booster pack, just in case, and after that deleted my old Hak Pad with Tk's KSE and then cheated a new one.)

Thank you ever so much for help.

My pleasure :D

Glad you got it to work.. and just so that you know, the Hak Pad should be able to activate the Wherami Armband (if the band is in your inventory).. and will also activate Defender's Wrist Console (also, as long as the band is in your inventory)..

Should make it easier to use them since you won't have to equip the items on your character in order to access the functions :D

Thank you for the link. I think I may have played my last time through KOTOR II. I can't mod my box because I play Madden online A LOT. That's right... I'm a Star Wars/Madden geek. Not enough of us if you ask me.

Meh. I LOVED KOTOR 1... I just wish they would have taken more time with KOTOR II. Sadness...

• 2 months later...

Apologies for the bump, but I just wanted to ask about the possibility of including a feature.

I just wanted to know whether it would be possible to add to the whereami script a part so that the feedback in Messages Log>Feedback also gives you which room you are in?

Just a suggestion to enhance the best armband in TSL :)

Apologies for the bump, but I just wanted to ask about the possibility of including a feature.

I just wanted to know whether it would be possible to add to the whereami script a part so that the feedback in Messages Log>Feedback also gives you which room you are in?

I don't think that's possible to handle entirely in-game since the scripting language contains no functions for retrieving the room tag, or has any awareness at all of which room the player is in.

(It could probably be handled via an external application though, where the armband prints out the coordinates of the player along with the name of the area and module. The external app would then extract that information from the Feedback log, look up the .lyt file for the area and try to match the player coordinates against the room coordinates.)

• 1 month later...

Archived