Home

FTP Server

Datheus

I use WS_FTP LE (limited edition), but it's no longer available on the official site, it's been replaced by WS_FTP Home, which costs money... :(

You could try and find it on another site, or you could try leechFTP , I heard it was pretty good, but I can't really comment on it as I've never used it...

you could also look over here for free FTP clients.

Hope that's what you were looking for... ;)

Originally posted by GothiX

You could also get someone to send you WS_FTP LE.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing but I couldn't find it on my hard drive... I might still have it on a cd though, I'll have to look for it.

~edit : Yay, I found it... it wasn't very far afterall. PM me if you want me to send it your way.

Originally posted by GothiX

rightclick -> save as

Taking it down again in a few days, so yeah.

Sweetness, since you all liked it, decided to download it.

But my first FTP client was CuteFTP, and it was really good for my first one, since I was 12 or so when I first used FTP.

*The wonders of being young and figuring everything out on your own because you didn't know of LF*:)

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

You might check out these:

http://www.cerberusftp.com/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/

There's another one, but I can't think of it's name right now...

Yeah, guys, I think by "server software" Dath means software that enables him to run his own FTP server, rather than a client - which is what you are linking to (apart from Sam Dravis).

I run an FTP server from time to time, and I whole heartedly recommend Cerberus FTP. It's simple to use, easily configurable, and very stable. If you want basic functionality, and nothing too fancy, get this.

In terms of clients, if that *is* what you're after, I use Flash FXP, which works a treat - lots of great features, and I can easily do what I need to as a webmaster. Worth trying.

Archived