Home

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic III abilities & new force powers

Windu Chi

Well if any one played Jade Empire they will notice that it have a free combat system not like the probability system in the previous two Knights of the Old Republic games. I will like lucasarts to expand on these abilities in Knights of the Old Republic part III, I will like them to go all the way with the combat system. I will want to see a lot more amazing force ablities in a free combat system, like using the force interact more with enviroment and enemies. Abilities like ; breaking objects with the force that aren’t

broken,(like statues ,parts of building structures, bridges, turrets,vehicals and anything etc.) to use at your opponents. Also the ability two use water around ponds, rivers and near sea shorces. To be able to create a tital wave or small tsunami to drown your opponets and destroy any thing they have like vehicals, turrets and structures they are occupying. Another force ability I will like to see, is the ability to create explosion that will burn anything in your path that the shockwave engulfs. Also and that abilities depends on how powerful you are in the Force. Also I will like to be able to use weather effects, like creating a tornado or a blizzard etc to deal with your enemies. Now the combat system, I will like to see realisted lightsaber duals like Episode III Revenge of the Sith the game suppose to have. Lastly I will like to be able to run off walls and grab on leges or anything to use to fight your opponents to insure victory.

P.S.

I think these will the coolest force abilities & non force abilities, that make Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic III the best Jedi Knight game ever that will draw even non Star Wars fans.

Any comments! :saberb::saberr:

Yeah. It is pretty far out for an RPG, and you call it a "JEdi Knight Game"? KotOR is FAR FROM Jeid Knight. Jedi Knight is FPS/Light Saber combat. I would like a new combat system, but being able to jump off walls and all that crap makes it an action game, NOT an RPG.

Originally posted by LukeKatarn

Yeah. It is pretty far out for an RPG, and you call it a "JEdi Knight Game"? KotOR is FAR FROM Jeid Knight. Jedi Knight is FPS/Light Saber combat. I would like a new combat system, but being able to jump off walls and all that crap makes it an action game, NOT an RPG.

I Know you hard core RPG fans will be nervous of abig change. But there are very good RPG games that have action mix experience. I not saying change KOTOR III into a action game, I just want to see a lot more freedom than roll the dice combat system.:lsduel:

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

:rolleyes: Obsidian said there would be a "Next - gen combat system" for KOTOR 3.

I am glad they are making a change to the combat system. I will like it to be like ''Jade Empire'' but much better, with free will combat. :lsduel::slsaber:

The D20 system is fine. What I'd really like to see as an improvement are the animations.

For example, I'd love to see a difference in style when changing various forms. That would be great (purely cosmetic though).

About the powers, MAYBE they can have different versions of lightning. A LS and a DS type. I got this from the New Jedi Order books, Jacen says he can draw power from anger without going dark ... resulting in lightning that doesn't kill ...

*looking back at what i just typed* ... doesn't make sense :D

Notwithstanding the fact that some of the suggested stuff does not fit a starwars game pretty well, I hope they spend time and money on making a good story with lots of possible interaction with other npcs and character development before adding tons of goodies. I think this is what makes a good RPG.

Look at Kotor 2: they added some cool new animations for combat but honestly, I would have prefered having a complete story, the hK factory stuff and other story related elements instead of those new animations.

Archived