Home

SWK's Weekly Mod Report (notification)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case anyone had not noticed - I've been offline for roughly 9.5 days after my cable internet connection "gave up the ghost" (so to speak)...anyway - the main reason I mention this is to let some of you know that my old e-mail address has now changed, and that any e-mail sent to me by you on or after 20 thru 29 July 2005 was never received, and now impossible to retrieve (seeing as how I now have a different ISP :)

Be that as it may - I did notice today that ChAiNz.2da did a most excellent job with his "initiation"...you are certainly welcomed to visit either RPGDot and/or our affiliate KotORDot and see for yourselves :)

http://kotor.rpgdot.com/

http://www.rpgdot.com/

**Btw, I did update my e-mail address here at the Holowan *chuckles*

CDR! you old "Seadog" :xp: It's always a pleasure when you visit us! :D

And you flatter me... seriously, you used big words that made me go to dictionary.com to find out what you were calling me.. :fist: hehehe

"indefatigable" - Incapable or seemingly incapable of being fatigued; tireless.

I really need to boost my vocabulary ;)

Thank you for the posts my friend, you're constantly helping us out and we really appreciate you and all the effort you put into giving the modders here a little recognition... I don't know how we could ever repay you, but at least know that you've always got the support and gratitude of the entire Holowan Labs roster. Plus many of us who like to call you a friend :)

It takes some getting used to, lady Darth333 - but yes, it is a much more pleasant look to the Holowan.

Always a pleasure to see and hear from you. I'm keeping busy at AdventureDot - you know, hiring in some new staff, going over resumes, researching new project ideas...it is getting the the point that I find it difficult to even find the time to settle back with a cold schooner or two of beer *chuckles*

Still...always a pleasure:-)

**Oh - be on the lookout to your e-mail in the next day or so. We are still rotfloao over a rather amusing prank I played upon my fellow Editors over at RPGDot last Sunday...I'd explain it all here but for the fact I can't upload the photograph (and you know what they say - a picture is worth a thousand words).

Indeed, ChAiNz.2da...to be very honest - that is how my parents taugh me anything.

If I wanted to know how to spell a word, or even to know what the word might mean - I was told "Go look it up in the Dictionary"!!

If I wanted to know some odd or end of information - I was told "Go look it up in the Encyclopedia (or whatever applicable book or series of books we had at the house)"!!

Juxtaposition that with the fact that I was fortunate enough to have some very inspiring and encouraging teachers throughout my youngest academic days (and having a G.I. Bill to finance my way through my college years with one of my majors in English)...and all of this has made me the gentleman I am to this day:-)

I will always be more than happy to support the efforts of you all here at the Holowan...you all most certainly dedicate your own personal hours, efforts, talents, and even sometimes money in order that fellow gamers might get more out of their game than the developer could have ever originally imagined possible...even I still try my hand at both KotOR and KotOR 2 once in a while just to see how one of the new Holowan mods and/or tools would work:-)

And it is always a pleasure to hear from you as well, my friend:-)

Btw, I don't know who is doing this week's "Weekly Holowan Mod Report" for StarWarsKnights.com, but I did catch your newsbit entitled "George Lucas, Eyes The Future"...so you may very well want to peruse either RPGDot or KotORDot to see my own spin on your report *chuckles*

T7nowhere - that's a rather uncomplimentary photograph of you, *chuckles*

Be that as it may - I have just finished doing my "spin doctor" touch on Prime's most excellent weekly holowan report - you all should know where to observe my reporting of what the Holowan is doing by now:-)

I wasn't around to do any reporting yesterday, so I didn't get to make the lady Darth333 blush until this afternoon - when I once again did my newsbit re her Weekly Mod Release report over on StarWarsKnights.com which (of course) can be seen either at RPGDot, or on our KotORDot websites:-)

Ok, t7nowhere, you're now in the limelight (so to speak), my friend *chuckles*

Did my spin and posted the latest Mod report on both our RPGDot, and the KotORDot websites.

Btw - you may want to check much later in the day - I'm thinking of doing one of RPGDot's "Side Quest" Editorials re my favorite mods/modsites...so quite naturally the Holowan will play a part of that particular editorial as well:-)

oh ma' gosh, oh ma' gosh :bounce1: *jumps around room joyously* :bounce1: I can’t believe me and my mod was mentioned in the weekly mod report for 9/4/05 over at SWK... :emodanc: *runs around room insanely, smacks into wall, knocks self out* :joy:

thanks ChAiNz...

Edit:

*wakes up from previous mishap*

*sees name further down the page (8/27/05), and has a repeat of the jumping around room bit* :bounce1:

thanks Darth333...

oh ma' gosh, oh ma' gosh :bounce1: *jumps around room joyously* :bounce1: I can’t believe me and my mod was mentioned in the weekly mod report

hehehe.... Membership has it's priveleges ;)

If you want another 'ego stroke', our good friend CDRSeadog also adds our Mod Reports to these sites... with his own colorful & flavorful twists as well (which is a great help for us here at Holowan) :D

http://kotor.rpgdot.com/

Your particluar mod for 9/04 can be found here if you like to see your name "in lights"... hehehe http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?disp=2005-09-04#41627

That's why we like to stress to the Holowan modders to please start a release thread for any new mod they produce. Any word we can get out to the public only helps you the modder, and of course, the players as well :)

Be sure to give CDR your thanks too, he's come through for us countless times :)

Never a problem, my friends...you are all welcomed, and it is my pleasure.

You may want to check out my "Side Quest" Editorial for today over at RPGDot...I not only briefly mentioned the Holowan Laboratories as one of my own "recommended" modsites...but I also gave my own "spin" on "Mod Engineers", "Mods", "Mod Communities", and the trials and tribulations that go hand in hand with being a Mod Engineer and contributing selflessly to the gaming community. Quite frankly - I am rather pleased with the piece - it's a great way of introducing the "newbie" to what is really out there on this vast and virtual world we call the internet.

Again, as my good friend ChAiNz.2da had mentioned - you can read that particular editorial - also put out this morning, at our RPGDot link - it is in the bold headlines for today entitled "Side Quest: Bring On The Mods":

Archived