Home

SWK's Weekly Mod Report (notification)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, my friends, I am presently working on part 2 of my modding editorial - and the Holowan is featured modsite #2 in the article, which will be released as soon as I finish it this morning...it will be entitled "Side Quest: These Are A Few Of My Favorite Modsites", and will (like the original "Side Quest: Bring On The Mods") be featured only on our RPGDot website.

Finally got off my keester and browsed over to RPGDot to get the "second helping" :D

Wow CDR, thanks so much! Of all the sites you reviewed, I have to admit that Holowan Laboratories "outshined" them all ;) Thanks so much for the great read and the high marks you gave! :D

For those who haven't read it yet, you'll have to dig in the past archives, or just click this link:

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?disp=2005-09-13#41843

I'd definitely suggest checking it out. The article really gives Holowan a nice review and just goes to show how much the members here are appreciated for all of their help. All of you here make the Community what it is, and CDR just told everyone what a great job you're doing :)

Again, Thank You CDR :)

You are all very welcomed:-)

I really do enjoy what I do, and I do confess that it does give me great pleasure to be able to at least tell the world just how much all of the talented Mod Engineers actually do contribute to the gaming pleasure and enhancements of any given community.

And my especial thanks, ChAiNz.2da...and t7nowhere (I still think you are having some very "bad hair days" *chuckles*)...I am glad you enjoyed my "Side Quest Mod Editorials" - now just wait for the next "Side Quest: Do RPG Heroines Really Wear Chainmail Bikini's?"...not sure exactly when I'll actually sit down and write that one up - maybe I'll have to do so after the elections in Germany!!

(i.e. for those of you that don't know - Germany has elections coming up - most of my collegues at RPGDot are German - anyway, there's a good chance Germany might well be getting the first female Chancellor in their history with this election:-)

At any rate - I've done my spin in reporting on only the Mod Release report for today (due to the length)...will do another Holowan Report on the Utilities either tomorrow or NLT Tuesday, depending...nice job, lady Darth333:-)

Take care all!!

Hmmm...yes. I'm a tad late in reporting this morning - Sundays are when Becky and I travel on up to Chesapeake, Virginia for our big weekly shopping spree.

Anyway, did my usual spin (albeit with some little more "humor" than usual, seeing as how ChAiNz.2da did this week's Mod & Utility report)...please note that our staff has finally gotten around to streamling the RPGDot network - so nowadays my own reporting for the Holowan is only featured on RPGDot (as the link below), seeing as how KotORDot no longer exists (nor do any of our other "affiliate websites" that were inactive)...anyway - enjoy:-)

http://www.rpgdot.com/

In short Nur Ab Sal, the RPGDot network had a number of websites (i.e. KotorDot; SiegeDot, etc.) that were set up long ago as "special coverage gamesites".

The problem was in keeping all of these "affiliate websites" staffed with people who would continue contributing to their growth. Of all of these "affiliate websites", only UltimaDot, GothicDot, and the Locus Inn managed to maintain an active staff that still continues to expand on the original sites today. I even tried, with some success, to find staff members for some of these websites - to no avail, as it turned out.

The bottom line was that it was decided to delete all of the "inactive" affiliate websites (such as KotORDot, etc.) some time ago - the problem was that our Super Admins had been too busy with other, more pressing issues, to actually shut down those websites - until recently. And so now - they are gone!!

My thanks to the lovely lady, Darth333, for updating me re the new Mod Engineer and Mod Utility Engineer forums...I've made some little note of it today over on RPGDot :)

I still have one question though. With the advent of these two new forums, does that mean that the Moderators here at the Holowan will no longer practice their journalism skills (or lack thereof) in creating a "Weekly Mod & Utility Report"???

One has to wonder, as I have noticed there has not been a new report done since the 24th of September :)

I still have one question though. With the advent of these two new forums, does that mean that the Moderators here at the Holowan will no longer practice their journalism skills (or lack thereof) in creating a "Weekly Mod & Utility Report"???
Not at all ;)

The new mod report is up now :)

Archived