Home

[REL] Bao-Dur's Charged Armor

most of the time when I download a mod that comes with a mod installer, the window comes up, and yet no install button, any idea why?

Check which version of the mod installer those mods use. Some of the earlier versions (lower than 1.2 I believe) of the TSLPatcher installer had some rare weird user interface glitch for some people (only two reported occurences so far) which resized the text area and buttons to appear outside the window. It's always great fun when the GUI classes work differently on different computers. :roleyess: This should be fixed in later versions I hope, but since I never encountered the problem that's hard to tell for sure. :)

Anyway, when that happens you should be able to "press" the install button, which is still there but outside the window frame, by using its keyboard shortcut. Hold down the ALT key and press S and the installation should start.

I have a problem. The mod installed perfectly,however, whenever I type the bao_armor cheat it quits on me. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it over and over again. :(

After your install, double-check your override folder to make sure that the bao_armor.uti file is in there...

If not, you may not have picked the appropriate install folder during the first steps of the install. However, I think that's unlikely because I think the Patcher looks for a .tlk file. I don't think it will even install if that file isn't in the folder to begin with (please correct me if I'm wrong).. :giveup:

Double-check your override and we can go from there :)

p.s. Since you said you installed it over & over.. make sure that there isn't any double entries in your baseitems.2da. That will cause your game to crash if the game goes looking for it and picks "the wrong entry" ;)

Ack, I haven't been able to get any mods to work *without* a problem -- I'm dying to get Bao-Dur some Jedi-worthy armor.

I've tried installing this mod but my baseitems.2da file seems to be missing. Where is it supposed to be?

--

Heh, okay, I'm learning as I go. I extracted baseitems.2da using Kotor Tool, and all is well!!!

btw, I've had the same problem mentioned elsewhere with TSL patcher and Kotor Tool windows not resizing and therefore cutting off text or buttons. Hopefully I can stumble my way through this one, too.

Oh, and Hak Pad is great!

Ack, I haven't been able to get any mods to work *without* a problem -- I'm dying to get Bao-Dur some Jedi-worthy armor.

I've tried installing this mod but my baseitems.2da file seems to be missing. Where is it supposed to be?

--

Heh, okay, I'm learning as I go. I extracted baseitems.2da using Kotor Tool, and all is well!!!

btw, I've had the same problem mentioned elsewhere with TSL patcher and Kotor Tool windows not resizing and therefore cutting off text or buttons. Hopefully I can stumble my way through this one, too.

Oh, and Hak Pad is great!

Kotor Tool is setup to run under 1024x768 for screen dimensions. If you are running under the inferior 800x600 then that is where you are getting your resize issues. This very well might be the case with the TSLPatcher by the way. Since 1024x768 seems to have become the excepted resolution for everything being released these days I don't even bother with any lesser resolutions myself.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

i don't know if this is the right place to come to whit my problem but i tell you anyways i am not getting the bao-dur's charged armor to work i try to unistall it and intall it again but it dosen't work i tried to removed all bao durs charger armor files from my override but still it fails with to files there is 2 files tht failes nad those are the bao_armor.uti when i reinstall the mod it says there is already a file like that in the override even though i removed it and then the readme file it says that it fails to copy the readme file to override

Well after last time i posted i tried to reinstall the mod bao-dur's charged armor and i still got a problem it won't work i get the armor at telos but he dosen't equip it when i opened my inventory to check on it i find a completly white picture where is says bao-dur's charged armor and it says that he needs jedi defence to equip it but when i made him a jedi and tried to put on the armor the game crashes so i am going to list what could be the problems

1.When i remove the files and try to install it again it shows 2 warnings one is that it can't copy the readme and one says that the file bao_armor.uti already exists even though i removed it now is there any way to fix theese 2 warnings

Saber-Scorpion, please do not spam our forums with multiple posts about the same topic, you posted in this thread above then created a thread about it, in the wrong forum to boot. One that I had to merge with the Mod release thread.

If you are having an issue with a mod please post it only in the mods release thread... nowhere else is it allowed. Also you must wait for a response, this is a forum and not IM so responses can and will take time. We also have a PM system that you can use for contact. Thanks. -RH

• 7 months later...

I have the Ultimate Sound Mod's baseitems.2da installed, and when I installed this mod, I got one error and two warnings. This is a straight unzip; nothing was moved or changed. The install log:

• Installation started 7/19/2008 3:35:03 PM...

• Installing unmodified files...

• Copying file ia_class7_087.tga to the override folder...

• Copying file PMBF87.tga to the override folder...

• Copying file PMBF87.txi to the override folder...

• Copying file bao_armor.uti to the override folder...

• Copying file 231bdur.dlg to the override folder...

• Copying file equip_bcarmor.ncs to the override folder...

• Warning: Unable to copy file "readme - Bao-Dur Charged Armor.txt", file does not exist!

• Modifying file "baseitems.2da" found in Override folder...

• Warning: Invalid column label "2DAMEMORY1" encountered! Skipping entry...

• Saving unaltered backup copy of baseitems.2da in D:\KotOR\KotOR II\Mods\Desired Mods\Installs with TSLPatcher\BaoDur Charged Armor by ChAiNz.2da v1\Bao-Dur's Charged Armor\backup\baseitems.2da

• Updated 2DA file D:\KotOR\KotOR II\SWKotOR2\override\baseitems.2da.

• Modifying GFF format files...

• Modifying file "bao_armor.uti" found in Override folder...

• Modifying GFF file bao_armor.uti...

• Error: Invalid memory token 2DAMEMORY1 encountered, unable to insert a proper value into cell or field!

• Saving unaltered backup copy of bao_armor.uti file in D:\KotOR\KotOR II\Mods\Desired Mods\Installs with TSLPatcher\BaoDur Charged Armor by ChAiNz.2da v1\Bao-Dur's Charged Armor\backup\

• Finished updating GFF file "bao_armor.uti"...

• Done. Some changes may have been applied, but 1 errors and 2 warnings were encountered!

Sorry if that was too long.

I have the Ultimate Sound Mod's baseitems.2da installed, and when I installed this mod, I got one error and two warnings. This is a straight unzip; nothing was moved or changed. The install log:

Hmmm...

Well I know for sure you can ignore the "readme" error. Seems I didn't place a copy of it in the tslpatchdata folder. The file exists, but it's in the root directory of the .rar file :o *sigh*

As for the memory token error, that's a different story.

- First, double-check your baseitems.2da and make sure there's an entry number for the Charged Armor. (the one in your override)

- Note the line number. In theory, it should be the last entry of your baseitems.2da. Hopefully it's both there.. and has a row number assigned to it.

- Next, open the bao_armor.uti file and check the baseitem field. Make sure the number there matches the line in your baseitems.2da. By default, I believe its 109.. but that entry may be changed by the Utlimate Sound Mod (not sure). In any case, make sure the field matches your baseitems.2da row number. If it does, then close the file without saving.. otherwise you'll want to change the value.

- Save the file (might want to backup first). Drop in override and see if that helps.

Let me know how that goes, and if you still have probs, let me know :)

This mod was one of the first to use the tslpatcher (back in the day ;) ) so it wouldn't surprise me if I goofed somewhere. I certainly hope not, but I wouldn't put it past me.. hehehe. I've not received any messages like this yet, so I hope it's an isolated event.. otherwise I'll be re-installing some stuff :xp:

This is my changes.ini if anyone else happens to see an error in it, please let me know:

; ===================================================================
; 2DA/TLK/GFF PATCHER - MODIFICATIONS FILE (6/4/2005)
; This file is automatically generated and as such has no formatting
; to speak of. You can insert blank lines between sections and add
; comment lines starting with semicolon without breaking anything.
; -------------------------------------------------------------------

[settings]
FileExists=1
ConfirmMessage=N/A
LogLevel=3
InstallerMode=1
BackupFiles=1
WindowCaption=Bao-Dur's Charged Armor

[TLKList]

[2DAList]
Table0=baseitems.2da

[GFFList]
File0=bao_armor.uti

[installList]
install_folder0=override
install_folder1=.\

[baseitems.2da]
AddRow0=Bao_Charged_Armor
[bao_Charged_Armor]
2DAMEMORY1=RowLabel
name=529
label=Bao_Charged_Armor
equipableslots=0x00002
canrotateicon=****
modeltype=1
itemclass=a_Class7
genderspecific=0
partenvmap=1
defaultmodel=I_Null
defaulticon=ia_armor
container=0
weaponwield=****
weapontype=****
damageflags=****
weaponsize=****
rangedweapon=****
maxattackrange=****
prefattackdist=0.5
minrange=10
maxrange=40
bloodcolr=****
numdice=****
dietoroll=****
critthreat=****
basecost=1
stacking=99
itemmultiplier=1
description=****
invsoundtype=13
maxprops=8
minprops=0
propcolumn=6
reqfeat0=****
reqfeat1=****
reqfeat2=****
reqfeat3=****
reqfeat4=****
ac_enchant=0
baseac=8
dexbonus=8
accheck=0
armorcheckpen=0
baseitemstatref=****
chargesstarting=0
rotateonground=0
tenthlbs=1
weaponmattype=****
ammunitiontype=****
powereditem=0
powerupsnd=****
powerdownsnd=****
itemtype=38
bodyvar=F
specfeat=****
focfeat=****
droidorhuman=1
denysubrace=0x00000002
armortype=leather
storepanelsort=15
[bao_armor.uti]
BaseItem=2DAMEMORY1
[install_folder0]
File0=ia_class7_087.tga
File1=PMBF87.tga
File2=PMBF87.txi
File3=bao_armor.uti
File4=231bdur.dlg
File5=equip_bcarmor.ncs
[install_folder1]
File0=readme - Bao-Dur Charged Armor.txt

Okay. I opened the baseitems.2da file and everything seems to be fine - the row number is 109 and the entry's at the end. Then I opened bao_armor.uti and discovered the source of my problem. The baseitem field is empty, and Kotor Tool gives the error message 'One or more drop down menus could not be set. This occurs when a file's index value exceeds the number of items on the menu itself. Menus with this error have been colored to make them more visible and will need to have a valid menu item selected.'

In addition, that field only shows index values 0 to 103 (presumably). Now, since the Ultimate Sound Mod uses a modified Ultimate Saber Mod baseitems file, that dropdown menu should have values 104 to 109. The baseitems 2DA has them, but those fields in the various UTI files I have aren't shown by Kotor Tool. It's as if the modified baseitems.2da isn't recognized by both the game and Kotor Tool at all. So, basically, I can't change the line to 'Bao_Charged_Armor', which I should be able to do.

That explains why I'm having problems upgrading the double sabers from the USM - the custom Lightsaber_Crystal lines (105-106) aren't registering, causing the crystals to glitch. Now, back on topic. for the Bao-Dur armor, this causes its Hidden Cache dialog to freeze right when Bao's supposed to equip it.

Oh, and another thing - are both caches supposed to give me the armor dialog? Both did the last time I tried to go near them, even after I got it from one of them already. That time, I tried running the installer again. It solved the dialog problem, but caused a few other problems, so I can't do that anymore. :confused:

EDIT: I know why my items in-game were messed up. The one thing in common with my saber crystal files (which caused the USM problems) and Bao's armor file were this: I edited the item descriptions for them while the baseitem dropdown menu was blank. After I saved the files, it killed the data that was there, but unregistered by Kotor Tool, because it perceived that menu to be set to a null value. :xp: With the original files, there were no errors because they were made with the modified baseitems file.

Now, I only have one problem. Since mods can be edited as long as it's for personal use only, I want to edit the item description of Bao's armor because I'm a Grammar Nazi. But, with my Kotor Tool issues, I can't do that or else I'll mess up the item. How do I get Kotor Tool to recognize the modified baseitems file? :confused:

P.S. Absolutely brilliant mod! The armor suits Bao perfectly, and matches his arm too.

P.P.S. I asked for a job - spellchecking the USM. Could you read the last post in that thread?

Now, I only have one problem. Since mods can be edited as long as it's for personal use only, I want to edit the item description of Bao's armor because I'm a Grammar Nazi. But, with my Kotor Tool issues, I can't do that or else I'll mess up the item. How do I get Kotor Tool to recognize the modified baseitems file? :confused:

Have you tried editing the .uti with K-GFF? tk's tool works brilliantly and while KotoR Tool is magnificent in itself.. it tends to have problems when files aren't in default locations (do you perchance have sub-folders within your override folder)? I would definitely suggest using K-GFF for .uti editing :)

You can grab it here:

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#gmt

P.S. Absolutely brilliant mod! The armor suits Bao perfectly, and matches his arm too.

Thank you :)

This was one of the most pain in the arse skins I've ever had to piecemail together.. hehehe

P.P.S. I asked for a job - spellchecking the USM. Could you read the last post in that thread?

Unfortunately most of the other USM Team is either in limbo or have retired :( Me, Darth333 and tk are about the only regulars around here anymore.. and I'm about as stable as lukewarm jell-o :xp:

Permissions for anything USM involved requires consensus from everyone, it was one of the first things edged in stone before we started the project. While I have no problem with anyone correcting my horrible run-on sentences and never-ending comma addiction... you'll still need permissions from T7nowhere, Seprithro and Master svösh. PM'ing them would be your best chance or e-mailing them if they have provided their contact info from their profiles :)

Thanks for the tip, I'm downloading K-GFF right now. As for the USM... gah. I'll just edit the thing for personal use, because I think it'd be too complicated trying to contact everyone. Sad that half the team seems to have died off though. Everyone working on the USM has some great mods. *looks pointedly at folders labeled 'Remote Tells Influence', 'Force Choke Anyone', and 'TSL Hak Pad'*

P.S. That Hak Pad has saved my life, especially on Peragus. That planet gets boring on your fifth or sixth time through the game; Mandalorian Disintegrators help, and so do killblasters. :lol:

• 7 years later...

im con****ulated -_- i used kotor tool to open baseitems.2da the one in side bao dur's charged armor mod. when i take a look at it it goes down to row 103, and thats it! i have downloaded from deadlystream and your site chainz. Ok and when i open the uti file with K-gff i can see it there in 109? how does that make sence. please help this is a great mod obviesly but im confused .. anyways is anyone here even still around lol

im con****ulated -_- i used kotor tool to open baseitems.2da the one in side bao dur's charged armor mod. when i take a look at it it goes down to row 103, and thats it! i have downloaded from deadlystream and your site chainz. Ok and when i open the uti file with K-gff i can see it there in 109? how does that make sence. please help this is a great mod obviesly but im confused .. anyways is anyone here even still around lol

I never used this mod but I guess it is installed with TSLPatcher. If that's the case, you'll need to install the mod and then edit the baseitems.2da in your Override folder. The one inside the mod's download is the vanilla one that is then modified by TSLPatcher during the installation.

If it's not installed with TSLPatcher, then I have no idea^^

Archived