Home

USM Released!!!

There is a bug in this mod's random loot script that has the effect of making only stage 1 crystals and NPC specific crystals available. See page 12 post 448 in this thread for more information and instructions on how to fix this on your own.

swfan28, or anyone that still has the game & tools installed ;)

If anyone can recompile the fixed loot script, and provide the fixed files (in .zip format) I'll post them in the first post of this thread and host it on my site.

Full credit will go to swfan28 of course, and anyone who can provide me with the recompiled scripts.

Normally I'd do this myself, however I don't have the game, nor tools installed currently. I'm sure (hopefully) someone could provide said fix far sooner than it would take me to do this ;)

However, PLEASE make sure you follow the exact instructions listed in the yellow quoted post. Preferably, or a must rather, that has no other changes that would affect the USM random loot other than what's listed for the patch. Also, please provide the new "usm_loot.nss" source script as well, so others can make possible future changes or adjustment to a 'fixed' base :)

Post #455 also has detailed instructions on what to do.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize again for my ignorance (I have never created any mods for any games in my life) but I've got the script for the random_loot corrected..I just don't know how to compile it all together. I read the thread here on how to compile scripts...didn't really talk about multiple ones (using the KOTOR tool that is) which seems to be the easiest..or I should say less instructions necessary heh. I just need a real layman's terms step by step breakdown on how to compile the now fixed usm_loot_nss into my game basically and have it all come together.

August 3rd, 2008

----------------

Author: swfan28

This zip contains the most recent patch to the USM loot scripts, correcting the player getting only stage 1 crystals via random loot bug.

The USM Team would like to give its utmost appreciation and thank you to swfan28, for not ony spotting the bug.. but for providing this very patch to fix it!

Thank you swfan28! The USM Team and all its users are very grateful for your contribution.

Installation:

- Drop all of the files in the "for override" folder (not the folder itself) in your TSL "override" folder.

- Click 'Yes To All' if it asks to overwrite

- For best results, starting a new game is recommended, though not necessary

------------------------------

Source file is included in the "source" folder : usm_loot.nss

For more details about the patch, you can visit : (posts #448 & #455)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149509&page=12

NEW USM loot patch is available! Thank you so much swfan28! :D

I have updated the first post in this thread to update the NEW Update #2 (replaced file).. but for those wanting it now now now... grab it here:

CLICKY!

NEW USM loot patch is available! Thank you so much swfan28! :D

I have updated the first post in this thread to update the NEW Update #2 (replaced file).. but for those wanting it now now now... grab it here:

Thank you swfan28 for fixing the random loot script.

Thank you ChAiNz.2da for hosing the fix.

Works perfectly now..however I still can't figure out why the breakaway saber option isn't showing up. Is it something only the exile can do? Cause currently my character has no security and a couple computer use...if there is a skill requirement anyone know what it is? Also..something not completely related (maybe?) is the fact that I am only getting 1 component per item no matter who I use or what item I try to breakdown..maybe I just haven't played this in a long time and have forgotten..or perhaps something is up not sure.

Works perfectly now..however I still can't figure out why the breakaway saber option isn't showing up. Is it something only the exile can do? Cause currently my character has no security and a couple computer use...if there is a skill requirement anyone know what it is?

The breakaway builder (Hi-Tek Assembly Station) requires both the blueprint datapad you (hopefully) picked up in the underground military base on Telos' surface, as well as a Repair skill of 9 or higher ;)

Dude I can't get atton, bao-dur or mira to build a lightsaber Visas built hers just fine but none of the others. I tried on the hawk and off the hawk What going on?

I've played Kotor 1 & 2 hundreds of times and its great mods like this one that keep the game fresh fun and exiting to this date.

This is the first time i'm playing with this mod and as you can see i'm new to this forum as well.

I'm having the same problem quoted above. I read thru this entire thread and tried every solution suggested.

at one point I thought it was because I had converted Atton to a Jedi and trained him in the first tier of Jedi abilities before completing the "Build light saber" quest...but I went back to a previous save, completed the quest , THEN converted all my team but I still can't get the others to bulit their lightsaber... the dialog option is there but when I ask to talk about it they just skip over it.

I really want to play the game with this mod.

Does the fact that i'm playing darkside have anything to do with it?

Help please

• 5 weeks later...
I always wonder will the TSL patcher ever be used for this?

I wouldn't count on it (or wait for it)...

Most issues are solved by installing it (USM) first then other mods afterwards. If people have already started as game or are in the middle of one.. then my best advice would be to use the USM on your next playthrough.

Probably not what anyone wants to hear.. but best I be honest than run anyone through hoops ;)

I wouldn't count on it (or wait for it)...

Most issues are solved by installing it (USM) first then other mods afterwards. If people have already started as game or are in the middle of one.. then my best advice would be to use the USM on your next playthrough.

Probably not what anyone wants to hear.. but best I be honest than run anyone through hoops ;)

Would you recommend using the 2da merger?

Would you recommend using the 2da merger?

I'll always recommend using the .2da merger.. it's a priceless tool...but with the USM there's going to be alot more than .2da's to worry about... scripts, dialogues, .uti's, etc.

Depending on what you intend to merge, it could be a piece of cake.. or a headache waiting to happen ;)

Seriously, installing the USM first will take the brunt out of most of the merging woes. Most newer mods use the Patcher which will make it painless.. and the few mods that don't aren't too much on a grand scale to cause sleepless nights (though there are a few)...

what about ellderon's greatsabre mod?

The USM was released before it so the .2da files (upcrystals.2da & baseitems.2da) wouldn't be compatible. You'll need to merge the files and make any .uti edits (if necessary).

The following mods 2da files are compatible with USM:

- Darkkender's Guardian Saber

- RedHawke & Maverick187's Prestiege Class

- RedHawke's Exile Item Pack

- Xcom's SH Crystal Pack

- Shadow's Saber Pack

- Shadow's Odyssey Saber

- Jetstorm's & Darkkender's Lightsaber Crystal Expansion

- Maverick187's Megido & Avenger Sabers

- Maverick187's Jedi W.M. Mav Model

- Darkkender's Segan Wyndh v2 mod

- Darkkender's Painted Droids mod

- Drakonnen's Jedi v Sith Armor Pack

- ChAiNz.2da's Darksword

- The Ossus Keeper's Black Beam Sabers

- Prydeless' Pink Lightsaber

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi everybody well i wanna thank all of you that made this mod and helped with it in any way one of my personal favourites but i got well not a problem but sort of a request okay there is one saber called goldie wich is my favourite the only problem i don't use short lightsaber so i was wondering if it could be made into a normal lightsaber

Sure. Just edit upcrystals.2da. There are 15 hilts in USM that are short sabers only (usm_shtsbr_155 to 164 and usm_shtsbr_170 to 174). Just change the longmdlvar column entries for those hilts from **** to the entry in the shortmdlvar column. Not sure which one goldie is, but it will be one of those 15. Pretty sure that should work.

To add to T7's note above, if you insert a crystal into a saber and then see a grenade, STOP DROP AND ROLL.... I mean, stop and do not build the saber any further, replace the correct type of crystal or simply cancel.

In the mod's readme, you will find reference to these issues - you must use the appropriate crystals for the appropriate saber type.

• 2 months later...

I am also having problems with the "Breakaway" saber. I have the blueprints, have gone to the appropriate place (terminal on Dantooine), but still see no extra options other than the component and medstation. My computer and security skills are currently at 21 for my main character.

Archived