Home

USM Released!!!

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hrm.. Well I started over.. I had the "skip peragus" mod.. That's the only other mod I had for my KOTOR 2 and I saw some posts stating that it might conflict..

Plus I was being a big a-hole to all the chars so I could be sith rather than Jedi. I didn't really like playing sith because I would always get light side points when I wasn't trying to, and would lose my bonus. At least w/ light side I will be OK.. Oh well.

So I will have to wait until I build my lightsaber again right?

Edit: Another quick question;

Do we need any other mod OTHER than USM to make other chars in my group Jedi? Like Handmaiden, Atton, and Mira?

I have no other mods now on my system, and I am being as nice to all my party members now as I can. I will try on/and off the ship. I will report problems tonight if there are any.. I shoudl get to my Nal Shatta at least tonight... I do that right after Telos.

Hrm, Any other suggestions to get my guys changed to Jedi? Was it the skip peragus that caused it? I noticed that I still had the build lightsaber quest with Bao, and w/ Kreia.. Never seen it before with Kreia though..

Oh well.. I guess I can complain tonight if I still cant convert my party members to Jedi.. I have been waiting for this forever :)

Damn... lol..

That's why I didn't see this in the threads.. Thanks! I will work on the rep tonight.

The only thing I hate is Bao-Dur because he gets so far with you, and will just stop talking to you. I guess I should use my players more than just the Jedi.. Usually when playing I just use Jedi, and leave the other players in the stable.

Thanks for the tip! I need to start being nice to my partners eh? :)

• 4 weeks later...

I think this mod a great and i really enjoy. i just have one problem. Visas' lightsaber option won't come up. Now i know this is not a first and i am wondering if it is because i used the "skip peragus" mod which gives me a lightsaber from the start and that i used the cheat to get all three components for a lightsaber. it says i completed the quest for "crafting a lightsaber" and i was able to get the handmaiden to construct her own lightsaber so i'm a little confused because it seems the only difficulty i have is with visas

can anyone offer any help or advice?

• 3 weeks later...

I have been playing TSL with the USM for months now. While I think you did a great job on this mod, there are some "issues" that I would really like some clarity on. I tried figuring these problems out on my own, but to no avail.

My main problems are that I can't get any of my party members (except Visas) to build their own Lightsabers, and that the Force power lessons you can give your party memebers, after you become a Jedi just won't get any further then the first lesson.

The dialog keeps saying the same "I'll teach you some more when you are stronger" sort of line, even when they are at level 50.

On Filefront, I was directed here by Shem. He said it was possible that these issues showed up because I might have used KSE. But I didn´t.

I read posts on how to have the rest of the party construct sabers, so I don´t really need help with that, but I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do about those Force lessons.

^^ That is a good point.

@MetalSabre, the learning that I added for the padawans is completely dependant on certain scripts being fired. Cheating the npc's levels up bypasses the scripts and so you will never be able to give them training until those scripts are fired.

Sorry, I should have mentioned I played the game both cheating and "clean".

As for the other mods I have installed...

I already said I played with this mod for some months, and I had many mods installed and removed over these months. But I can give you a list of the mods I played with, with the USM installed, and which mods I currently have installed.

Past Mods:

Black Raven Remake

Blood Saber

Celestial Saber

Darth Traya reskin (can't remember the original name)

Get Your Lightsaber Back From Atris

Lady of the Blood Rose (Complete)

Nightingale

The Nagai

Two Piece Undies

Ultimate Sound Mod

Current Mods:

Black Raven Remake

Get Your Lightsaber Back From Atris

Nightingale

Most of them are reskins or additional head mods, so I'd be very surprised if this would have anything to do with scripts.

Maybe the Lightsaber retrieval mod has something to do with it.

I re-installed TSL a few weeks ago, it isn't patched.

I hope this info helps a bit.

ummm..this maybe a spoiler to some ppl so ill place a spoiler tag...

i found the weird datapad with the ''prototype'' saber blue prints. what can i do with them in gods name and how?

Wait and see. :p

As soon as you'll have landed on Dantooine, you'll know what it does.

Look in the landing pad area for anything out of the ordinary (read: something that isn't there in the vanilla game;) ).

As for the certain "teaching" scripts not firing: I've just gotten used to the fact that sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. With all of the mods that I have installed, I just consider myself lucky when they do.

If you have the blueprints, an extra dialogue option will become available for you. Choose carefully as you're only allowed to construct one color before things happen and the blueprints get destroyed. You'll still be able to use the console for the other functions though ""

this doesnt happen forme, the dialogue opstion inst there :( what now?

EDIT "What's your security skill level? It has to be at least 9 or higher (I believe)...

Afterwards, there should be an entry similar to that of "You notice a datapad port/plugin.. yaddayadda" something like that... "

have that too even tried it woth bao-durs lcl 23 security, didnt work

plus i cant get the update no.1 to download. fix?

Obss Damell, I have deleted your "someone please answer!" post as that is 'bumping' and is not allowed here. This is a forum not IM so answers can and will take time, please have patience. -RH

excuse me for being impatient, its just kinda frustrating :S and i want that saber badly. it will not happen again my master *bows*

Check the Read-Me file that came with the mod. If I'm not mistaken, it listed off all of the console id's for each saber and its crystal.

Actually, the Readme doesn't...but one could still copy the names of the .uti files from the USM Override file, since those names = the console id's.

yea but then theres no way to know which is which

Yup.

I went through some of them on an old save game. As far as I can tell, the character specific sabers are usm_lghtsbr200-240, while the general sabers are 100-184 (with many gaps).

Sorry I can't be more specific...hopefully they will post a complete list.

plus i cant get the update no.1 to download. fix?

The download for Fix 1 seems to be working for me? May want to try again :confused:

However, I'll look into the dialogue to see what is required as far as security skill. I may even take them out or offer a separate download .dlg for those that don't like the requirement. :)

A few questions first though.

1) Are you using the Hi-Tek Assembly Station to try and create the saber. It's the ONLY place you can use the blueprints. It's the workstation/console in the Dantooine landing pad area. This station is spawned by exiting the EH (on Dantooine) so any other scripts that change the area load script will cause the station to not spawn.. so make sure its the HTAS you're using. Just want to make sure as I've gotten a few e-mails of ppl using the wrong console. :)

2) Double-check and make sure you still have the blueprints in inventory. They can be accidentally broken down in-between Telos and Dantooine so just finding them won't guarantee you can make the saber.. you must have the blueprints on you.

3) Check both your Security skill & Computer Use skill.. I can't remember which req. I used :o

I'll check on everything though :)

^^ I don't understand. What do you mean "there comes a pling sound". Are you talking about the sound that winrar makes when its finnished extracting? If so then no its not installed. you need to extract the mod and follow the instructions in the readme to install the mod.

Archived