Home

Drone Troppers

Aash Li

The Clone Troopers werent human/mandalorian/whatever... And heres why I say this:

They dont seem to have thier own freewill. Sure they eat sleep and bleed just like living things. But they jump into battle without thought to themselves, they arent even phased when their friends die in battle, and Im sure that friendships between the clones developed to a certain extent.

But when order 66 was given by Palpatine, I believe that if the clones were actually 100% human some of them would have questioned the order, or they would have attacked the ones that carried out the orders. These clones, especially the ones that have actual names like Bly and whatever, worked and faught with the Jedi for weeks months and perhaps even years... so if they were actually human (with freewill and stuff), then they could have seen through this plot to exterminate the Jedi.

So, they were more like drones rather than clones. Thats just my thoughts on the matter. I thought I would share them. ^_^

I agree. That was there purpose: to obey orders without question. When the clone army was being developed, there were very few clones with independant thought, and those ones were either given even more extensive conditioning, or put down. Some clones have independant thought, like the commanders or elite units, but they are still drones.

well, biologically, they are human. its just that their brains have been re-wired so that they take orders without question. i'm quite sure that most of them would be quite capable of holding an intelligent conversation with you, provided that they aren't ordered to do otherwise.

i look at it like this: the clones are just Jango Fett with a big switchboard attached to them. you can tell them to do what you want and even modify their thinking patterns (ie, making the clones think the Jedi truely were traitors whenever Order 66 was given).

just my two pennies. :)

I would like to see a story that tells what happened to the Kaminoans after the Empire came to power. Were they destroyed? Did the Empire pay them to keep making clones of clones to supplement their new imperial armies (which would explain why the stormtroopers are poor shots)? heh

With switchboards attached would make as much sense as them being drones. :)

^^^^^

yup. and if you guys read Tatooine Ghost(yes i know, its getting on ur nerves) youll see that the Empire pays the troops. i dont exactly recall the clones being paid. thats one of the advantages of being an Imperial soldier.;):p

the clones have no free will as they are human but programme to take commards and not break them, so they do what there told they dont have free will and never will, they just dum really just killing machiens who follow orders.

Hmmm well sense i havent posted in over 2 years i guess i should do it they Hire non Clones to make it seem that their Normal Everyday People in the Empire Fight Force or EFF any way i had read somewhere dont remeber where but the Empire took over the cloneing ficity and force the people who made them to teach them how and then the Emporirer had Clones of him made with out the switch board attached and he only hyper aged one of them so he could teach the rest of his copies the ways of the force to make sure his clones he would enhabbit would have force powers for him to use any ways.

its King Erin King and this should be my 10th post

According to Lama-Su, Clones are more creative thinking than Droids, but free will is not mentioned so they are identical as Droids no doubt...

The last thing you want as a Commander of such a force is a mutiny of your super soldiers, so they are genetically programmed to be basically living droids.

So when Order 66 is given... "Yes, My Lord" and Boom!

Originally posted by Prime

Does that make them not human either? I think they all are...

The Clones are definately human, they have just been "programmed" from their birth to be order following, killing machines, kind of like Sgt. Todd and company in the movie Soldier. ;)

ok well the clones from birth are brain washed think about all the training they give them and they sit down studying all day so they're just droids in a different package.

as for what happend to the kamianonzerskaazdas or what ever they're called the emperor is extremly specist so why would he work with them longer than needed?

and all the storm troopers are people they get trained at the acedemy, have wages and familys. I u need proof read ANY star wars book that has even a PARAGRAGH of text on the imperial soldier system. in heir rto the empire they have several paragraphs talking about their need to conscript soldiers from imperial worlds.

Originally posted by RedHawke

According to Lama-Su, Clones are more creative thinking than Droids, but free will is not mentioned so they are identical as Droids no doubt...

The last thing you want as a Commander of such a force is a mutiny of your super soldiers, so they are genetically programmed to be basically living droids.

So when Order 66 is given... "Yes, My Lord" and Boom!

living AND smart. and able to speak better:D. seriously, i was beginning to get annoyed with the droids "roger roger"

and PsionicBeverage, youll need to add the name of the book too u kno. u cant just say read any bk that has a para on imps.(no offence to u of course, just advise)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived