Home

Postlude to Holocaust VI: Strangers - Part 2

Redwing

Asgardried Cargo Bay

As Idun approached Elaina, Tanara turned away from Guy to face her. Elaina watched as Idun dropped Kira's lightsaber into the trash receptical and then nodded slowly.

"Control emotion," she said quietly, more to herself than to anyone else. "Don't let emotion control me... Dark Side." She glanced at Tanara for a second before turning back to Idun. "I am ready to learn."

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asgardried Cargo Hold

Idun: Are you now...we shall see how ready shortly. Come with me.

*Idun leads the two sisters to the far side of the cargo hold leaning her spear and shield against the cargo hold. Idun turns to face the sisters measuring each with a critical eye.*

Idun: I assume Eliana that you have a means to get a new lightsaber, and I also believe you have very little experience wielding one. What of you Tanara what is your experience with a lightsaber?

Asgardried Armory

*Heimdall enters the armory and immediatly begins working on Eliana's new lightsaber and a surprise. Going over to a draw he opens it to reveal a number of crystals, selecting two he closes the draw and sets them on a table. Heimdall then selects the necessary tools and places besides the crystals, then he turns on the forge. Going to another cabinet he selects a mithril rod and shoves it deep into the flames.

As the mithril rod heats up, Heimdall removes his armor, rolls up the sleeves of his shirt and puts on a heavy apron. Taking a pair of tongs Heimdall removes the mithril rod looks at the color of the metal before putting it back into the forge. A minute later he removes the rod again and seeing the metal is a whitish purple hue he places the mithril rod on the anvil. Picking up a heavy hammer, Heimdall begins to form the Hilt of Eliana's lightsaber.

---------------------------

Idona takes a seat and watches Heimdall work in the forge. She always found this type of work very interesting. She loved to see a raw piece of metal be transformed into a beautiful piece of armor or a weapon and Heimdall was counted as one of the best blacksmiths.*

*Sir-Vin steps out of the shower, and picks up the towel that was left hanging. He drys himself off, and puts on a set of undergarments.

He walks out of the restroom and walks to a dresser. He opens it and sees that he hardly has any clothes left in.

He then remembers that he hardly brought any clothes with him other then a few sets that he can switch with. What he had were all worn from the events that have past.

He pulls out a simple pair of pants and a loose shirt. Then he goes to put on his shoes.*

Sir-vin "Asgardried, you wouldnt happen to know if there are any spare garments I can wear, or if anything some fabric that i could possibly make some of my own? My old one's seem to have been worn from the Battle of Midgard."

*Elella's yell pulled Matt back into conciousness. He opened his eyes*

Matt: I'm OK. *He stood up, wobbled a little bit, then collapsed again*

Dammit. Why'd it weaken me so much this time? With my brothers it was fine. Maybe we're too far away....

Matt: Guess I'm not that well.

*He sat up, but it seemed to be the most he could manage. He wondered if his effort did more ill than good*

((Scar: Somewhat (see the description of the Asgardried in the discussion thread for more details). The quarters are to small for two people to share, let alone three. Sir Vin and Carcen shared a refresher (aka bathroom) so Sir Vin had access to Carcen's quarters by that means. Matt would have his own quarters. Small side note the Aesir have the staterooms))

((Admiral, it's Cody not Coddy. "Coddy" isn't even a name :p [okay, granted, this is a Star Wars RPG, but the kid's from Earth]

Also, JM: You think I didn't plan on how the kidnappees would be found when I created this plot? XD

Also: Thank you, Deac :D))

Asgardried Lounge

Chere: Fine, I'll go with you. But try anything, anything and you'll regret it.

----------

Asgardried Cargo Hold

*K'Warra stops paying attention to the others and looks off, concentrating on something*

Guy: *before Tanara and Elaina leave* I'll explain later... I need to check something in my ship.

*Elaina's borrowed lightsaber flies into K'Warra's hand after the two follow Idun off. He ignites the blade*

Guy: What? Is that... what did you do?

K'Warra: I'm curious. *He swings the saber, listening to the thrum* These are fascinating items, really... *He deactivates the blade and pockets it* If I get nothing else out of this year-long side trip, at least I'll have a souvenir.

*Guy sighs and boards his ship. K'Warra walks around to the front as Guy enters his cockpit and opens the top*

K'Warra: This Aren... who is she? I heard her name mentioned a few times while I was sitting in that cage, come to think of it...

Guy: *simultaneous inserting himself into mechanical devices and translating data readouts* She's new. I've never actually met her, but I've certainly heard about her. She has great power in the Syndicate. But... only in the past few years. Before that, she didn't exist. No one knows where she came from or why she has such... clout.

K'Warra: I thought the Shadows were all about secrets.

Guy: No. We know everyone's secrets. It's our job. I should know how difficult secrets are to keep; I went through enormous effort to keep some secrets for years and those were all eventually found out. Even with my nearly unique advantage of having mental protections no one could get through since birth. Aren... Aren is a puzzle. I don't know anything about her motivations. She doesn't work like other Syndicate agents work. She isn't a Shadow but many answer to her. I don't know what she's planning on doing with Matt and the others... but I hope to find them before anything does happen.

K'Warra: Mental protections... heh. That explains alot. I did notice you weren't using a translator when I first saw you. Some kind of natural protection, then, if you were born with it? Must've had nasty side effects... no translators, no magic without mechanical help... correct?

*K'Warra snaps his fingers. Guy starts, "seeing" flash invisible to the naked eye*

K'Warra: Interesting. The barriers are down... and you're still not used to magic. But you do have the ability to sense it... *laughs* Oh, you're in for a fun ride if you make it back to the Aether in one piece.

Guy: Are you still willing to help me find Matt and the others?

K'Warra: Sure, why---

*Mechanical tentacles quickly snake out of the side of Guy's ship and attach themselves to K'Warra*

K'Warra: Uh... sorry, but I don't go that far on a first date.

Guy: I need to use you as a power source for this. Otherwise, it could take months.

K'Warra: What are you planning on doing?

Guy: I'm going to find them.

----------

Shadow Base

Aren: *into her communicator* Medbot.

*A small, flying droid flits down from high above after a few seconds. It hovers briefly over Matt and extends a rod over his face and jabs him on the forehead with it* ((OOS: That should make Matt's physical problems go away))

Aren: Mental overload? I hope you haven't done anything that will force me to put you into containment.

*to Ellela* We know they lied to us about the details of their situation when they hired us. We don't know what they lied about; it could have been something insignificant, although I suspect differently. If what you tell me is the truth I am completely authorized to break contract.

*to Gortick* Perhaps you don't understand because, like many civilizations, you think of magic as an intangible, mystical thing. We, on the other hand, have been using and analyzing magic for a very long time, and we understand it differently. Think of magic as another table of elements - elements manipulable by the mind. You have unique magic inside you, created for a unique purpose. It would have been extremely expensive and time-consuming to create. It's extremely valuable, even if only as a novelty, like rare artwork - and firmly implanted within you. I imagine you wouldn't want to lose it... even if you don't know what it is...

((Red: Think again on that lightsaber, Idun didn't just drop it into a bin for later disposal. It was destroyed when it went into that trash receptical. Remember the ship was aware that lightsaber was to be destroyed so it went about it as soon as the saber was put it there.))

Asgardried Lounge

Viddall: Save the threats child, your not making yourself any friends with them. Now follow me.

*Viddall with Gerd at his side leads Chere and Cody ((:p)) down the corridor, coming to a halt near Marin's quarters. Viddall presses a button and a door opens*

Viddall: This is your room Chere.

*Viddall goes to the next door on the right and opens that one*

This one is yours Cody. Each of you have your own refresher for the time being. Marin's quarters are directly across from Chere's. Walk further down this corridor and you'll find the cargo hold. Go there if you want to work out. If your hungry there is a kitchen attached to the lounge we were just in.

If you need anything else ask the ship, if your polite enough the ship will probably give you the correct information. Have a good night.

Gerd, come along, I want to get started on your lesson.

*Viddall and Gerd leave Chere and Cody walking down the corridor towards the cargo hold and aft turbo lift*

((Yeah, I thought about that. Basically since K'Warra WOULD have commented on that whole thing with Tanara, Elaina and Idun, and because I didn't have a chance to post that didn't happen, my mental excuse is that he was concentrating on protecting the lightsaber so he could retrieve it, and waited till Elaina and Tanara left so they wouldn't voice any objections.

It's not important that he has the lightsaber, in case you want to engineer something to get rid of it, but it's important that he had a reason for remaining silent ;)))

Asgardried Armory, Five Minutes Ago

*Marin reaches the armory and enters, looking for Svafa*

((taken you long enough Red))

Asgardried Armory, 5 minutes ago

*Svafa hands Marin a sword. The sword has a fuller that almost reaches to the tip of the blade, a short curved cross guard and a lobbed pommel.*

Svafa: We are going to begin with basic stances, let's go to the practice room.

*Svafa leads Marin across the corridor to the practice room and begins to teach her swordsmanship.*

Asgardried Cargo Hold

"I never trained entirely in a single form of lightsaber combat," Tanara answered slowly. "My master wanted me to be prepared for a number of styles... then I was given the rank of Knight. Even so, my master continued to give me further training... until she was killed."

((A time skip ahead. Not a long one))

Asgardried Cargo Hold

Idun: Interesting, in a little bit we shall see how well you've been taught. Now let us begin. First I'll show you the barriers then once you are able to create them I'm going to enter your mind. Your going to try and stop me.

*Idun begins first describing the barriers and then shows the sisters how to create them...*

Asgardried Armory

*Heimdall smiled as he worked the metal into a proper hilt, he had a little surprise in store for Eliana when he finished*

Asgardried Practice Room

*Marin stands towards far side of the room with Svafa circling and occasionaly moving Marin until she is in the proper stance for a guard. Once Marin is in a proper stance Svafa has her take a new guard. This continues until Marin can easily switch to any guard. As Marin practices moving from one guard to another Svafa explains the purpose of each guard and when to use it.

Viddall and Gerd enter carrying spears. Viddall has Gerd take a proper stance with the spear head slighlty raised. Once he is sastifised he takes a stances and the two begin to spar.*

Time Skip: Five hours

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Asgardried Cargo Hold.

Idun: Good, very good. You two picked that up remarkable well. Now we are going to work on your mental blocking, and your lightsaber technique at the same time. Eliana since....

*Idun pauses as the cargo bay doors open and Heimdall enters. He is carrying two object in his hands and as soon as he sees the three women he heads immediatly over to them*

Heimdall: Elaina these are for you.

*Heimdall hands Elaina two dark blue lightsaber hilts. One large enough to fit both hands, the other just big enough for a single hand. The large lightsaber had a small cuved cross guard. The guard was decorated with runes that spelled out Elaina. Two rows of knotworks spiraled down the grip ending at the pommel, besides decoration the knotwork also aided in gripping the blade. The pommel was decorated in an Closed Triad which had at its center two lightsabers crossed. The small lightsaber was almost a twin to the larger one in decoration. Each saber had a clip near the pommel so Elaina could attach it to her belt.*

Heimdall: The activation switch is here *pointing to the button on each saber*. Press it once to activate, a second time to lock the blade in and then hold it for five seconds to turn the blade off. The buttons next the the activation switches allow you to adjust the blade lenght. Each saber has two settings, and as you requested the blades are Teal in color.

Given more time I would have added in some other features, but this will do for now. Oh, next time Elaina, if you need a new saber or something else you can ask me directly and not go through the ship. I'm not that scary.

----------------------------

Asgardried Practice Room

Svafa: Good Marin, you've earned a ten minute break. We begin sparring next.

*Viddall and Gerd continue to go back and forth with the spear, Gerd smiled as she was able to make Viddall backpedal for a instance but quickly made a mistake and soon she was the one backpedaling.*

Elaina blinked. "What?" She frowned. "I'll admit you're a bit intimidating, but..." She gave a little helpless shrug and smiled. "Thanks... I'll keep that in mind." Under her breath, she added, "That rascal of a ship..."

Finally, she took a moment to examine her new weapons and a slow smile came to her face. She looked up at Heimdall. "They're beautiful. Thank you."

Asgardried Cargo Hold

Heimdall: Yes the ship can be quite the Rascal and your welcome. Oh, I made the smaller one so you could hide it on yourself just in case something happens.

*Heimdall turned and left. the cargo hold*

Idun: Eliana I'm going to see about getting Idona, or Svafa to give you lessons with the saber. They are use to training other Valkyries and can get you to a proficient degree rather quickly. Tanara, I'll probably have them give you lessons as well.

For now, Tanara turn on your lightsaber and prepare to defend yourself, Eliana observe.

*Idun picked up her shield, and sword. Facing Tanara, Idun took a back guard, the sword hidden by her body and shield.*

Idun: Defend yourself...

*Taking a step forward Idun swung the sword in an upward horizontal slash aimed across Tanara chest. At the same time she reached out with the force and attacking Tanara's mental barriers*

Elaina stood back to watch. Tanara activated her burnt-orange lightsaber and prepared to defend. She saw Idun's first blow coming and moved to block, but she was not prepared for the mental attack. She flinched. The mental attack caused her to loose some of her concentration and she barely managed to block Idun's blow.

With a look of minor surprise, she took a step back, trying to regain her focus.

Sir-Vin's quarters

*Sir-vin meditated for a while, he sensed Idun's projection of the force, training Tanara. He stands up, puts on his belt, then walks over to the dresser. On it was both of his lightsabers, one with a green crystal, one with a red crystal.

He hoisters the green one to his right hip, then hides the red on his back. He walks to his bed where he picked up one of Cracern's straight dark cloaks, and puts it on, keeping the hood off.

He exits the room and begins walking to the cargo hold.*

((Scar: Elaina is just watching at the moment. Idun is really training Tanara))

Asgardried Cargo Hold

*Idun brought the sword up to the high guard and took a swing at Tanara's head, mid swing Idun dropped the blade low and landed and at the last instant tuned the blade on it side landing a hard blow on Tanara's right calf. While she did this Idun used her shield to hit Tanara's lightsaber up and out of the way. All the while continueing her mental attacks on Tanara's mind.*

Idun: This is perhaps when you are at the most risk for losing control to Kira. You must learn how to put and maintain these barriers automatically. I'll also see to it that your body can fight without you having to put much thought behind your actions. Once you train yourself to do that you can think ahead a number of moves, plan out a strategy to defeat your opponents and accomplish the goal you set out.

*As Idun said this she took the sword to a middle guard and thrusted it at Tanara's side. Idun moved a little slower then before to give Tanara time to intercept the thrust*

The blow to her calf stung slightly and she winced and took another step back. She nodded slowly to Idun's words. She brought her lightsaber back down in front of her and took a deep breath. With a quick step back and a little movement of her saber, she batted Idun's attack aside... barely. The mental attacks were still something of a distraction.

Asgardried Cargo Hold

*As the sword was batted away Idun brought the shield forward and slammed it into Tanara's knuckles. Meanwhile the sword was brought back into a high guard. Using the shield Idun continued to hit at Tanara's lightsaber, not giving her time to recover Idun swung the sword over her head quickly at Tanara's neck. She stopped the bladed about a centimeter from Tanara's neck and held it there for a moment before sheathing the sword*

Idun: For your first time, you did well. You still need a lot of work, but this is promising. Turn off your lightsaber and follow me.

((WJ: Assuming that Tanara does since I don't see a reason for her not to)).

*Idun walks over to Elaina, and sets her shield down besides the spear before turing to face Tanara again*

Idun: Let me see your hands.

((again assuming Tanara does for the same reasons))

*Idun takes Tanara's hands in hers and mutters a spell, healing the hands from any damage they recieved from having the shield. Idun then placed a hand on Tanara calf healing that as well*

Idun: Next time I will leave you with those minor injuries as a lesson. *turning to face Elaina* I hope you found that sparring match educational.

*Idun studies the sisters for a moment before going on.*

Idun: You have worked hard and earned a little break. Meet me back her in twenty minutes. I'll probably have Idona with me and we will begin instructions on the lightsaber. We will work for four hours on the saber before we call it a night. Tomorrow we will start early and work through the day.

Again, you did a good job, and if you keep it up you will have this quickly mastered.

*Leaving the shield and spear, Idun turns and heads out of the cargo hold, on a search for Idona*

Tanara and Elaina went back to Tanara's quarters and Tanara sat down on the bed.

"A slight warning," she said. "While they don't seem to be interested in seriously hurting us, they're not afraid to give us bruises."

"I noticed," Elaina frowned. Tanara shrugged.

"I like it that way," she said. "If it gives you pain, you tend to learn better from it."

The sisters sat in silence for a few minutes before getting up and making their way back toward the cargo hold. As they walked, Elaina glanced around and smiled.

"Asgardried," she said in a sort of sing-song voice. "What was all that about telling me you'd make my lightsaber?"

Archived